Forum › Your Gaze Through the Thousand Year Old Comb discussion

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

Kind of bittersweet that OG Kiyohana just gets some sort of health condition off-screen and disappears. Also I hope the same doesn't happen to Ume now...

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Kind of bittersweet that OG Kiyohana just gets some sort of health condition off-screen and disappears. Also I hope the same doesn't happen to Ume now...

Oh I thought she drowned herself??? I dunno maybe that was just me.

It was an interesting story though. Left some things unsaid but in a good way.

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 10:59PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This makes me want to puke somehow.

Also, where's the tragedy tag? The Drepessing as fuck , prostitution and aaaaaaaangst tags?

last edited at Jan 25, 2018 11:33PM

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

I'm pretty sure she committed suicide

but fuck this was depressing

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

It's a pretty upbeat story for being about a girl who's sold into sex slavery, I suppose

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The title of the collection, Incomplete Girl, should be a pretty good indication of what you're getting into with these stories. They're definitely on the more bitter side of bittersweet. Enjoyable as an herb, not as a meal.

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

I really dig the title page

Yumi%20sachiko%20kiss%201
joined Apr 6, 2017

If ti is anything like how it is described in Kusuriya no Hitorigoto when a courtesan falls in rank she had a really bleak life in the end. If it was Ume she had the affair with then doesn't that mean she basically threw her rank away for her moment with her.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

oof two sad stories in a row

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

Wow, sexual slavery and child prostitution. I just wish there were no such things and no such stories in the humanity history...

joined Aug 10, 2015

This makes me want to puke somehow.

Also, where's the tragedy tag? The Drepessing as fuck , prostitution and aaaaaaaangst tags?

My thoughts, exactly.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Wow, sexual slavery and child prostitution. I just wish there were no such things and no such stories in the humanity history...

Sexual slavery is a strong term, and something of an overstatement in this case. Courtesans in old Japan were treated relatively well for their line of work, and served almost exclusively the rich and royal. Aside from being forced to have sex every so often, they lived quite luxuriously compared to the peasants they were most often born to.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Sunnyskies posted:

Sexual slavery is a strong term, and something of an overstatement in this case. Courtesans in old Japan were treated relatively well for their line of work, and served almost exclusively the rich and royal. Aside from being forced to have sex every so often, they lived quite luxuriously compared to the peasants they were most often born to.

Err... that's just fantasy. it all depended on the level of the brothel. What you're describing is high-class geishas and they indeed had good education and were taken care of. But that was the exception in a few select brothels.

Most brothels were just meat-markets and poor families often sold "useless" girls to them to get some money. These girls most often ended up dying young of various STDs.

And as for what "Lady Kiyohana" died of, it's not suicide, but a random STD. They talk about her teeth blackening and her health going down.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I thought the butterflies were going to show up again.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

And as for what "Lady Kiyohana" died of, it's not suicide, but a random STD. They talk about her teeth blackening and her health going down.

That was the women gossiping. In the panels, you can see her body/feet are drenched, so I would assume she drowned herself or was pushed in. Unless there's some sort of water cleansing ritual they do in Japan to the dead body right after they find it. It would be weird if she died right after their night together O:

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

That was the women gossiping. In the panels, you can see her body/feet are drenched, so I would assume she drowned herself or was pushed in. Unless there's some sort of water cleansing ritual they do in Japan to the dead body right after they find it. It would be weird if she died right after their night together O:

So maybe after realizing she had STD, she committed suicide. Looks like there was a bit of a time skip as well.

joined Jan 16, 2016

tragic, on multiple levels... :(

joined Nov 26, 2017

What's with the title though? LOL
Unhappy with the flow of the story its a bit disappointing, I guess I won't be able to finish it.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Love the setting. You just know there's not gonna be a happy ending. At least OG Kiyo was still able to help Ume "bloom" and stuff.

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

that was sad, very much...

To reply you must either login or sign up.