Forum › I Want To Leave Behind a Miraculous Love discussion

joined Jul 22, 2014

....Russian, at its not German consider how popular the influence is.
Nice communications barrier though and that interracial romance in manga is rare as hell which is fresh.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 7:22AM

joined Jan 6, 2018

I'm russian and at first i didn't understand she speak russian... ha-ha

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh God....I just had flashbacks to either Gall Force: Eternal Story's Solnoids or Robotech II: The Sentinels Praxians, especially the latter. They were a planet of Amazon warrior women who were basically all genetically engineered because of an apocalypse that happened long ago which forced them to use "birthing chambers".

Still...it was a cute piece with nice art...if a somewhat bizarro setting.

joined Jan 9, 2018

Pretty heart-warming (๑❛ ‿ꆚ❛๑)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Kayo-chin posted:

Mankind is still doomed, though, unless the children make babies... and inbreeding dooms them all eventually.

Yep, I'm fun at parties.

I don't think they're necessarily doomed seeing as you can go back into modern man's genetic history and find one single common ancestor still. It'd definitely weaken the species and quite possibly result in evolutionary regression, at least for awhile, but after a long enough period of time and with a high enough population I'd think that if they survive that long then there could be a resurgence in evolutionary viability.

Luftoru posted:

how they can even live when the whole planet is radiated thanks to the nukes.

Radiation isn't the biggest concern in general from nukes, as far as I know. If you survive the initial blast there's a good chance of survival overall, just an increase in cancer risks. And the fallout wouldn't be a huge concern after a decent period of time. And it's not like they've even explored the entire planet so there's a good chance they're not in fact the last two people on Earth.

A-chan posted:

But the most important thing is that the second generation of the complete human population in this manga are all sisters. What may look like a bittersweet post apocalyptic scenario to the untrained eye is the very definition of Paradise for those illuminated by Mochi's wisdom.

Taking this post seriously for a second I believe this result would actually be the scientifically correct one iirc anyways. Women are XX and men are XY. Since children get one chromosome from each parent that means a lesbian couple somehow having children would only result in female children.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I don't think they're necessarily doomed seeing as you can go back into modern man's genetic history and find one single common ancestor still. It'd definitely weaken the species and quite possibly result in evolutionary regression, at least for awhile, but after a long enough period of time and with a high enough population I'd think that if they survive that long then there could be a resurgence in evolutionary viability.

You are grossly misunderstanding what is meant by "most recent common ancestor" (which is what Mitochondrial Eve is) and treating it as if it's remotely similar to the concept of all humans being descended from a single primogenitor. When biologists and anthropologists say "most recent common ancestor", they mean "most recent individual from which all current members of a group of organisms are descended from". Currently, the most recent common female ancestor, dubbed Mitochondrial Eve, is estimated to have lived between 100 kya and 230 kya; skip a million or so years, though, and it's all too possible that the Mitochondrial Eve for the humans living during that time is a different individual who lived much later than the modern one.

It's kinda like how Genghis Khan is believed by many genealogists to be the common ancestor of about 1% of the entire modern human population (which is a currently unbroken world record).

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 10:57AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Mh, although maybe the direct radiation from nukes is not such a huge issue, with nuclear war on such scale you'd have sour rain, plants soaking up radioactive isotopes and whatnot else. You still shouldn't eat mushrooms in certain Southern German regions just because of Chernobyl - they are still more radioactive than is healthy. So maybe the direct radiation doesn't kill you, but all the other effects probably would ^^;

As for the incest - it's an issue a) that evolution stagnates and b) that dormant genetic issues more easily pop-up as actual issues. So assuming the machine just fixes those than humanity might not evolve much further (but in a technology society that's not really an issue anyway) but there won't be much harm from it either, I think.

joined May 7, 2011

Parthenogenesis (asexual reproduction) can and usually does cause evolution to stagnate, but incest does not since it is sexual. It might slow it at first, but over time variation would increase as the population increases. But as you say non-adaptive traits can become more common. The society might eventually have to be very strict about who is allowed to reproduce.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Also if you go by Christian faith, we're all just the incestual ancestors of Adam and Eve.

Also if you go by Christian faith, we're all just the incestual ancestors of Adam and Eve.

Not necessarily. The Bible says that they were the first created by God, but it does not say that they were the only ones created directly by God. He could have made other people later.

Noha on the other hand, is a different story. He probably had a bunch of kids, and a bunch of wives, and possibly a bunch of servents, but we would all still be descentant from him at some point.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not necessarily. The Bible says that they were the first created by God, but it does not say that they were the only ones created directly by God. He could have made other people later.

Looking it up, it seems that at least in some traditions, their sons were engaged each others' twin sisters. But later Cain founds a city, and who knows where those people came from?

And yeah, the Noah story claims that there were 8 people on the Ark, basically him, his wife, his sons and their wives.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Modern Christianity, at least the one I had any contact with, would claim that that stuff is symbolic (religious speak for "too stupid even for religion") anyway.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

"The skyline was beautiful on fire
All twisted metal stretching upwards
Everything washed in a thin orange haze

I said: "kiss me, you're beautiful -
These are truly the last days"

You grabbed my hand and we fell into it
Like a daydream or a fever"

Godspeed You! Black Emperor -The Dead Flag Blues

Also, on the topic of inbreeding, this is alien technology that can make women impregnate each other. I'm sure there's something in there that fixes the negative effects of inbreeding.

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 5:01PM

Kawaii-anime-25355452-560-420
joined Feb 24, 2015

I'm russian and at first i didn't understand she speak russian... ha-ha

Why? I'm also Russian, but I understand everything perfectly. Почему? Я тоже русский , но мне не составило труда понять, что там написано. Просто не кириллицей, а латинскими.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

What language she was speaking?

Russian I think, I saw a "horosho."

Haha..Me too..Once I saw "horosho" Ayase Eli pops into my mind that's why I instantly know that she is speaking Russian.. :D

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

They know they children will had to make incest if they want to repoblated the Earth, right?

joined Feb 18, 2015

And then, thousands of years in the future, the all-female civilization that they started developed dimensional travel and took submarines to another dimension similar to their own that had both men and women. (Blue Drop)

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Looking it up, it seems that at least in some traditions, their sons were engaged each others' twin sisters. But later Cain founds a city, and who knows where those people came from?

And yeah, the Noah story claims that there were 8 people on the Ark, basically him, his wife, his sons and their wives.

Actually, Genesis contains 2 creations of Man. Those that lived in Paradise were supposedly different from those who were living in the Land of Nod (where Cain settled and took a wife).

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually, Genesis contains 2 creations of Man. Those that lived in Paradise were supposedly different from those who were living in the Land of Nod (where Cain settled and took a wife).

As I said, I just fairly quickly looked into it to refresh my memory on the subject, although the implication seems to be that "Land of Nod" isn't a country or anything, but "the land through which he wandered" prior to founding a city (presumably the first of all cities, mythically speaking).

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Evil lesbian aliens came to the Earth. Is it a Miracle or a disaster?

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Evil lesbian aliens came to the Earth. Is it a Miracle or a disaster?

It's a salvation.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

gosh, get the dectionary jeez! I imagina what a language will be born from the jap rus and eng mix ))))

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

100th

joined Jun 12, 2012

Science babies AS FUCK

joined Nov 26, 2017

My kind of a happy ending.

To reply you must either login or sign up.