Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jul 19, 2013

The more you dislike something the more entertaining it is to riff on it ;)

It's generic, but it's a very perfected type of generic. The feels, I can't help them.

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I like that Matsuri was brought in to spice this up. It's getting fun. But when is the next chapter coming out? Has the raw been released yet? Arg

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

I like that Matsuri was brought in to spice this up. It's getting fun.

YOU ARE A VERY DIFFERENT PERSON THAN I AM. I'm just ready and waiting for a happy ending and all they do is bring in more interruptions LET ME DIE it's okay to be at least like... 4 more chapters until real progress gets made and they're just milking this story for all it's worth my emotions are tuckered out already :/

Mulan1
joined May 18, 2013

They hate it because it sucks. And with good reasons, the author doesn't care for his story anymore. And it's been like this for a long time. He wanted to finish Naruto a lot quicker than the incoming ending.
But... Jump editors too strong, they will never let an author just end his series, must milk it dry...

The one shot he did a while back is actually the first work he wanted to make as a series but Jump liked Naruto better.

About the Disney analogy... The thing is everyone knows how it's going to end ( couple getting together in Citrus' case and happy endings in Disney movies ).

What actually matters is the journey, the execution going from point A to B. And there's nothing really innovative going on here.

Personally I've only read this to marvel at the art. I really, really like the thick lines.

It all comes down to preference. I am perfectly fine with the ways things going and will keep on reading; a lot of people agreeing with me (according the the view counts). Who in their right minds would read something they hate unless they have a masochist tendency or just a big fat troll.

People read/watch because the story is enjoyable and exciting to them. Many things could still happen and you have no idea how Mei will act. Plus, a happy ending is never guarantee. The author might pull a "Game of Thrones" endings and kill everyone...
My point is that Citrus is fun to read and since it has so many fans, haters will automatically gather and lecture everyone how much this story sucks and then rages for the lack of yuri/shoujo-ai story.

Ge
joined Feb 1, 2013

Kya!!!!!!getting more intense
Chapter 10 :*

Pic1
joined Aug 29, 2013

Loving this story to bits! Things are heating up full-steam. I like this new arc with Matsuri. She doesn't seem so bad now, as it looks like she is kind of in love with Yuzu. But she might prove to be really evil later, and that will make me not like her anymore. Haha..

Thanks and looking forward to the next chapter! I will always be a Mei/Yuzu and Harumin/Glasses-girl (I think a good girl would be a nice pairing for her, imo) shipper!

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Another enjoyable chapter. From the very beginning, Citrus has been "Yuri Soap Opera: The Manga", and anyone who can't enjoy that for what it is should've stopped reading long before now. Unrealistic expectations are the cause of so much dissatisfaction...

Anyway, I wish I could say that this will light a fire under Mei to stake her own claim on Yuzu, but she's such a passive, resigned type of personality. In the end, I think it'll still fall on Yuzu to chase Mei down and force her to admit her own feelings.

Thanks as always for your efforts, Yuri Project.

joined Nov 30, 2011

and anyone who can't enjoy that for what it is should've stopped reading long before now.

You mean a yuri story with typical shoujo trappings pasted onto it? The main reason I enjoy reading yuri is because, most of the time if not a large majority of the time, they have very rare instances of those shoujo trappings.

Also, this story reminds me of most shoujo stories. By that I mean when the main guy force kisses the main girl after doing some kidnap-like action where he tackles the girl in a private area after grabbing her when she least expects it. And out of all of that the girl somehow ends up liking the guy completely ignoring his actions.

Honestly, the story looked like it was getting better until the last chapter. 3rd wheels are extremely annoying and generally unnecessary for drama and plot/character advancement. This series has been perfectly fine without it.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

and anyone who can't enjoy that for what it is should've stopped reading long before now.

You mean a yuri story with typical shoujo trappings pasted onto it? The main reason I enjoy reading yuri is because, most of the time if not a large majority of the time, they have very rare instances of those shoujo trappings.

Also, this story reminds me of most shoujo stories. By that I mean when the main guy force kisses the main girl after doing some kidnap-like action where he tackles the girl in a private area after grabbing her when she least expects it. And out of all of that the girl somehow ends up liking the guy completely ignoring his actions.

Honestly, the story looked like it was getting better until the last chapter. 3rd wheels are extremely annoying and generally unnecessary for drama and plot/character advancement. This series has been perfectly fine without it.

I thought we already discussed how unnecessary 3rd wheels are, we dont need to discuss it more because then it just comes off as moaning :P
But....if we are going to talk about something related to that i can think of a few ways the whole "the kiss didn't mean anything" thing could have been solved WITHOUT a 3rd wheel, most of them are very simple :/

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Reacting towards a 3rd wheel is realistic though, heck, I've been like that sometimes so I don't understand why you keep bashing it. And seriously, is really dumb to keep talking about something that you don't like.

joined Mar 23, 2013

They hate it because it sucks. And with good reasons, the author doesn't care for his story anymore. And it's been like this for a long time. He wanted to finish Naruto a lot quicker than the incoming ending.
But... Jump editors too strong, they will never let an author just end his series, must milk it dry...

The one shot he did a while back is actually the first work he wanted to make as a series but Jump liked Naruto better.

About the Disney analogy... The thing is everyone knows how it's going to end ( couple getting together in Citrus' case and happy endings in Disney movies ).

What actually matters is the journey, the execution going from point A to B. And there's nothing really innovative going on here.

Personally I've only read this to marvel at the art. I really, really like the thick lines.

It all comes down to preference. I am perfectly fine with the ways things going and will keep on reading; a lot of people agreeing with me (according the the view counts). Who in their right minds would read something they hate unless they have a masochist tendency or just a big fat troll.

People read/watch because the story is enjoyable and exciting to them. Many things could still happen and you have no idea how Mei will act. Plus, a happy ending is never guarantee. The author might pull a "Game of Thrones" endings and kill everyone...
My point is that Citrus is fun to read and since it has so many fans, haters will automatically gather and lecture everyone how much this story sucks and then rages for the lack of yuri/shoujo-ai story.

I don't think masochist tendency is the right term here.

I think it's really by force of habit. Humans are fond of that.

In Citrus' case it doesn't really apply because it's pretty short in length. But people still read Naruto and other works because they've liked the work until X chapter and will see it to the end. Years ago when I wasn't a working adult, I would almost never drop a book I decided to read ( after a few page test ). There's just something about committing to a story and not seeing it through that irks me and I'm certain I'm not the only one.

Now of course I don't have all that leisurely time on my hand so I'm a bit more selective when it comes to my time.

It's really similar to how a couple will stay together even though it really looks like they should part ways( obviously in this case there's a lot more factor than a fictional story you don't enjoy anymore ).

Natsuki01
joined Apr 11, 2014

Glad to see a 'Matsuri' appear in the story. That will speed up alot of things and help the ones who hold back to actually make them realise the one in front of them is the one they really love.(speaking from my experience). In my experience, I encountered a few 'Matsuri' in every relationship. Sometimes, if there isn't one, will try to create one too. It will help in most times.
I like Citrus very much cuz it reflects many true life experience that I have seen and encounter,
I'll be looking forward for the next chapter... :)

Natsuki01
joined Apr 11, 2014

Yes, it does. :)
Classmates, schoolmates, lovers, god-sisters, teachers, students... Yes, they all exist in true life experience, either I've seen it or encounter it. But no story-telling here, too much spoilers. :P

last edited at Apr 11, 2014 6:49PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Yes, it does. :)
Classmates, schoolmates, lovers, god-sisters, teachers, students... Yes, they all exist in true life experience, either I've seen it or encounter it. But no story-telling here, too much spoilers. :P

.........you do realize most yuri anime cover these things........and some do it better, just because something exists in real life does not mean the manga is being realistic.

joined Apr 3, 2013

For all of you guys claiming how generic, boring and bad this manga is you surely like to keep talking about it.

The more you dislike something the more entertaining it is to riff on it ;)

Pretty much.
And I like this series, no matter what. I look forward to the chapters, without feeling too addicted.

And I don't care. I'm just happy that Yuzu is finally getting some action. I like Mei (my type of heart-throb) but Yuzu is as cute and human as a... idk. About time she got shown some appreciation... even if it is by a bored, sociopathic (or psychopathic?) child.

Also, I love Harumin's unamused expression. And Mei's. Yuzu-bb needs her clear-minded protectors at some point from the new Matsuri child. We all know. :)

Also. Some perfect Mei expressions in this chapter. The tucking her hair panel made my heart throb. I also appreciated the blushing ear. We clearly know who the author's favourite is?

Natsuki01
joined Apr 11, 2014

Agreed with all you have said.
I think Mei is so cool (my type of heart-throb too, but haven't seen a exactly same one yet). Most importantly, there's some light for Yuzu now, but she will have to wait patiently as usual. Being Yuzu is not easy.

last edited at Apr 12, 2014 3:13PM

joined Apr 21, 2013

I remembered the first chapter when Mei 'forcefully' kissed Yuzu and the second chapter when she pinned Yuzu in the tub and kissed her neck. Now all of a sudden Mei is saying they shouldn't become more than that when she just 'took advantage' and played with Yuzu's feelings in the first place. o.O

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

I remembered the first chapter when Mei 'forcefully' kissed Yuzu and the second chapter when she pinned Yuzu in the tub and kissed her neck. Now all of a sudden Mei is saying they shouldn't become more than that when she just 'took advantage' and played with Yuzu's feelings in the first place. o.O

Mei was able to do it coldheartedly because she didnt really take it seriously. She tried to shut Yuzu up (I remember she mentioned it??). The way she changed is natural, because she realized she indeed developed feelings for Yuzu. And she shouldn't do it without considering the development of her own feelings anymore. Its not "acceptable" for 2 girls to fall in love afterall

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

true, but as Mei explained in this last chapter and previous chapters, that was simply to shut Yuzu up.

I still hold that Mei will follow my ice queen to cave woman theory. In other words, she will be very cold and callous towards Yuzu, until she is not. I wouldn't be surprised (OK, I'm hoping more than anything) that we get a scene where Mei pins Yuzu up against the wall while making out with her.

joined Apr 12, 2014

hehe I like that Mei has some competition for Yuzu now 8D

joined Nov 30, 2011

I thought we already discussed how unnecessary 3rd wheels are, we dont need to discuss it more because then it just comes off as moaning :P
But....if we are going to talk about something related to that i can think of a few ways the whole "the kiss didn't mean anything" thing could have been solved WITHOUT a 3rd wheel, most of them are very simple :/

I might have missed that discussion lol. Anyhoo, I don't mind 3rd wheels as long as they are done properly. I've just read waaaay to many stories where one character forcefully kisses another against their will as if it's the author's way of introducing some drama and causing shenanigans. That is why I was skeptical about this story with the way it began between Yuzu and Mei. But the progression between the two was something I really liked as Yuzu always put a stop to Mei and her "advances" despite her obviously very strong feelings. (Not to mention the inner turmoil she is undergoing.) I think Matsuri is a great introduction for a possible 3rd wheel but that forcible kiss at the end seemed totally unnecessary to me. I'm getting vibes from Harumin that she's gonna say something soon.

Images%20(10)
joined Apr 30, 2013

This is really awesome :D .. I just want the next chapter so bad argghh !! ..

joined Apr 13, 2014

Hey Muttsuri I'm your back up
tell Yuzu to forget abt Mei and bring her be your GF

////<

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

when the relationship is stagnant and hard to go further of course you force in a character that stirs up jealousy. started out good but now it's just a forced drawn out cliche. what a disappointment.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Barely noticed that Matsuri has scissors in the cover and there is a red thread. Can only mean one thing. 8)

last edited at Apr 14, 2014 1:08AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.