Forum › Shells and AlternaRock discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Still... I like it, except for that kiss, that came out of nowhere and I wanted to know what was going through her mind in that moment.

My thinking was she took it as a chance to turn the tables a little. This is also the only time I've found the "threat of a kiss" believable. (Based on my possible incorrect interpretation of the older woman)In other Yuri it has always felt forced upon the characters. Like I just couldn't imagine them even joking like that by the time it happens but then there it is.

joined May 27, 2017

This one looks good, I'm waiting for the next chapter

I really hope there'll be no triangle love or complicated shit in this manga, just a straight yuri romance lol

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

The art makes me think of Amano Shuninta's style, then they end up smoking and Seo forgot her lighter, so it reminded me of Philosophia and now I'm sad...

Good story otherwise, can't wait for the next chapters, thanks for the translation!

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 7:18PM

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

glad this is still going.

joined Jun 23, 2017

This is starting to have some angst vibes. Liking it more and more :3

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

This is starting to have some angst vibes. Liking it more and more :3

Angst vibes? After that headpat? I don't think so man. The fluff train boutta leave the station.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'll be honest and admit that I'm not sure entirely understand the "confrontation" in the middle of chapter 3 ^^;

But the end was very cute indeed.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Angst vibes? After that headpat? I don't think so man. The fluff train boutta leave the station.

There was a bit of self-loathing and miscommunication. That said I don't mind a fluff storey with a touch of angst here and there (add to that the boss lady who will probably disrupt their relationship!). Baah, I wouldn't mind fluff all the way either...

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 11:22PM

joined Mar 4, 2017

This is great!! I'm enjoying every single page of this!

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

Is it weird that the more I see Akane, the cuter I think she is? Makoto also got cuter this chapter, with that personality gap.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 11:25PM

joined Dec 26, 2016

I love this since it hasn't updated in awhile I kinda forgot about it but it was unexpectedly refreshing

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

I really love the art of this series, but is it just me or are some of the lines just kind of... nonsensical? Maybe just translation issues? I found the conversation on pages 9-10 genuinely difficult to follow and after rereading it a few times I'm still not 100% sure I'm interpreting it correctly:

• "I don't care if anyone complains, but I won't accept what she says." Based on the speech bubble layout, this is presumably Makino's line. Why would anyone complain? Complain about what? "She" refers to... the president? Is this just a very stilted way of saying that Makino isn't interested in dating the president?
  • All of page 10. I assume all the spoken lines on this page are Seo's. Is she accusing Makino of "harassment" and "imposing" on her for returning her cigarettes? What reason does she have to believe that Makino "perceives" her unfairly, as her dialogue suggests? Is she just being irrationally upset with Makino out of jealousy?
Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

That was fantastic! Yet another example of why this series is one that always I find myself thinking about between lovely updates.

The younger girl fretting about her more vulnerable side being seen when that's only a good thing was very nice. The one you are going to be with needs to see that. ^_^

And can't forget that confrontation earlier in the chapter! Also very nice.

Hehe. Meddling president. Is being ordered to eat cake with your superior the worst job assignment or what?

last edited at Dec 25, 2017 9:06PM

joined Mar 15, 2017

I really love the art of this series, but is it just me or are some of the lines just kind of... nonsensical? Maybe just translation issues?

Yes, it's down to the low quality of the translation.

"I don't know what you were told, but you shouldn't take what that woman says seriously."

Nope.
Seo: "Makino-san, do you go kissing just anyone?"
Makino: "...What? Did you misinterpret that? It was supposed to wind you up. What you think of me is up to you, but don't go forcing onto me something I could do without."

joined Jun 23, 2017

I don't know why, but I really dig the "girl playing in a concert notice her love interest in the audience and get affected by it" scene of p24. They did it as well in I don't care about the music, it was very sweet.

I guess it has to do with the other affecting them so much, they lose their composure and/or break their scene character.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Lena and Chiba-san are one in the same, right??

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

New chapter out!!! Yes!

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Lena and Chiba-san are one in the same, right??

Also, yes or no??

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I guess the name "Doujima Minoru" at the end is the guy who was in the photo. Maybe some drama is on the way. Also, isn't there something going on with the president woman, if I remember correctly?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Only one more chapter? Huh. I'm worried about a rushed end. Maybe yuri aliens invade and murder everyone except for the main not-yet-but-maybe-at-some-point-in-the-next-ch.-couple?

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

We don't know the details about Makino's divorce yet so that's probably going to be revealed in the next chapter along with the drama (Doujima Minoru is almost definitely her ex husband), the drama resolved with the power of yuri, and they finally getting together. It's been heavily implied throughout the series that Makino's strict and unfriendly behavior is because of the divorce thing, so a post-dating scene where either Makino shown being less strict to her colleagues or still being strict but Makoto tries to help her being less strict is probably going to be needed as well. All those jammed into 1 last chapter? Definitely going to be rushed unless the chapter will be longer than usual.
If the author decided to include one maybe the post-dating scene can be placed on a chapter 5.5 bonus chapter or omake which will help not having too much things going on in the last chapter..

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I doesn't feel like there's only one chapter left at all... Maybe with 40 pages

joined Jun 23, 2017

What? No, fu..dge you! You can't end it that early author-san!

Well, it was a nice short story until now, so I guess the final chapter will be cool, but I wanted to see more of their dynamic. The set-up looked like one for a long story, I'm a bit disappointed... And there we had the "the performer coincidentally catch their love interest in the middle of the crowd in a badly lit room" moment that I love so much. Sad.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Maybe it's a volume 1 end?

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Maybe it's a volume 1 end?

The note at the end of this chapter said the author plans to make a conclusion to the story of the two, so probably not

To reply you must either login or sign up.