Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Okay, enough is too much. All participants in this "bad writing" clusterfuck can just walk away now. You're cluttering up the discussion way too much, and it's at the point where people are complaining about how tedious this back-and-forth ad nauseum stuff is getting. I would tend to agree, this is just plain over the top.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Yeah, because only reading nothing but praises is so much more interesting, right? Can't have any actual criticisms, might cause you to look at the series in a different way.

Criticism is fine, but critcised a same thing over and over again, every damn time when a new chapter was released is not fine
So please, let people read the damn manga and discuss, k?

P/S: This is not discussing, it's an endless arguing that no one want to stop

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 4:32AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Okay, enough is too much. All participants in this "bad writing" clusterfuck can just walk away now. You're cluttering up the discussion way too much, and it's at the point where people are complaining about how tedious this back-and-forth ad nauseum stuff is getting. I would tend to agree, this is just plain over the top.

Cluttering up the discussion? There is literally only one comment that was posted since the raw and translation for the newest chapter was posted that isn't replying to my post. I'm not spamming, so what's the big deal? If my opinion is unwanted then people wouldn't keep replying every time. Simply ignoring a forum post isn't a hard thing to do. If people don't like the discussion/argument then they don't have to read it. It's like someone asking you guys to stop posting a series they don't like because seeing the title pop up every update annoys them. Unless I am breaking forum rules I don't see why you want to the discussion to end.

Criticism is fine, but critcised a same thing over and over again, every damn time when a new chapter was released is not fine

How the hell is it criticizing the same thing over and over again when I'm criticizing the new chapter that just got released? The argument/discussion will end when people stop replying, the series ends or the forum mods start censoring posts.

dis·cuss: talk about (something) with another person or group of people.

And if no one wants to stop then why should we?

According to your words, you'd consider "good writing" Ejima Eri drawing down a couple of pages with a flashback or some considerations from Yuzumori on her relationship with a certain Ririha. But, by revealing Yuzumori's past with her friends as an introduction to this arc, the author would've been "telling" us all the information we needed at one time. Instead, we've been given everything to draw "hypothetical, but not far from the truth" conclusions chapter after chapter.

How the hell is that telling? That would be showing, it would be showing us with pictures, expressions and past interactions, what we have now is the past being told to us through speech bubbles right after the conflict is over.

We have not been given a damn thing to draw from. Every conclusion came from people knowing the tropes and applying them, because this story doesn't break away from it. The moment Ririha threatened Yuzumori in the bathroom many people were already correctly predicting what was coming, because its the same old trope over and over again, nothing new or interesting.

This is important because it's the first hint of Ririha's existence. No name, no backstory, just a vague image of Yuzumori having friends that she doesn't consider fun

That is the biggest stretch I have seen yet. There isn't even a mention of a specific friend, only that there are indeed other children that attend Yuzumori's school.

Quoting Yuzumori, "I don't think it's worth getting too worked up over it while knowing nothing of it".

And yet absolutely nothing on what Yuzumori thinks of Ririha. Nothing specifically about her personality or their past relationship.

Whilst at first she didn't think of herself as the reason why Yuzumori's no friends, she does now that one of Yuzumori's friends tells her that they've been trying to reach out to her, but Yuzumori says she has something to do after school. When Mimika asks Yuzumori that, what she gets back proves her that Yuzumori's indeed putting their time together above everything else, even a second chance to friendship.

That makes absolutely no sense. Mimika says "she might find it hard getting along with other kids her age..." Mimika already thinks that Yuzumori doesn't have any close friends, she finds this out very early after befriending her. So why does she all the sudden forget? Why does Mimika think that as soon as they met that Yuzumori put her above everything else? Is Mimika really that narcissistic?

I don't think Ririha's speech moved anybody. At this point, she's exposed too much of herself (defending Yuzumori from bully-Shiori after threatening her) that the only way to save her pride is confessing that she is the mastermind behind their separation. The only thing that was missing having come so far was an answer to all the "why's" instilled in us drop by drop since the day Ririha glared at Yuzumori.

I don't even know... again, that's just such a huge stretch... To save her pride after kicking the shit out of a highschooler is to reveal that she ruined Yuzumori's relationship and ruin her own plans? what?

Since we know the true Ririha and she threatened Yuzumori, we were led to believe that that was the personality by which Yuzumori knew her too. Ejima did a really good job in giving us the impression that Ririha was a natural born bitch, taking us exactly where she wanted, where we'd assume that Yuzumori knew her by her "true" personality too, and thus not really the kind of company she'd like to be around.

And nothing has changed since then, Ririha is still just a natural born bitch. That was never hidden from anybody and there is no real personality to be revealed. We have known the real one and never seen Yuzumori interacting with the fake one. That's why all this dialogue about getting the know the real Ririha makes no sense and has little impact.

Ririha's dangerous, Yuzumori knows it, then, why is she not concerned with her? We needed an explanation that made sense with everything else, with Ririha's blushes and Yuzumori's easiness around her even after the threat. I believe we got our answer.

No we didn't since Ririha accomplished her goal. She was dangerous, she was a threat, and Yuzumori was 100% wrong not to be concerned about her.

When I say that it's too early to call it bad writing since this is an on-going story, I do that because each chapter brings up new knowledge that allows you to give a meaning to parts that you didn't find relevant before, that didn't make sense if taken out of the bigger picture, but those are all parts that Ejima's placed there with a precise intention.

That's exactly why it's bad writing, the new knowledge is just told to us. It's not shown and the reveal happens after the conflict. It's like watching a Tarantino movie but never actually seeing the events that lead up to the end, just a paragraph after the opening explaining the character's motivations. Besides, this isn't a mystery manga, we are not following a pair of detectives trying to figure out Ririha's crime and her motivations. And also, there is nothing precise or intentional here. There is absolutely no foreshadowing for this conflict, there is a ton of foreshadowing about Yuzumori's family problems but I suppose that's going to be saved for the ending. But right now this is just padding in order to sell more volumes.

joined Dec 21, 2017

So I'm seeing a lot of conflict in here but the newest chapter I can read is c.26. Am I missing something?

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

So I'm seeing a lot of conflict in here but the newest chapter I can read is c.26. Am I missing something?

Yuzumori 27.1:

RAW - http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/034_001.html
Translation - https://pastebin.com/dJppc1nU

Yuzumori 27.2:

RAW - http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/035_001.html
Translation - https://pastebin.com/B2EcsSa3

Yuzumori 28:

RAW - http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/036_001.html
Translation - https://pastebin.com/0uzLcfKw

Reo
joined Feb 4, 2016

Aww

The link for the chapter 27.1 is expired....
But you can still read the translation...

Edit: there is this link for the brazilian version:
https://mangahosts.com/manga/yuzumori-san-mh12565/27

last edited at Dec 21, 2017 1:02PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

This is becoming eerily reminiscent of Love/death HAHA

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 8:51PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man, we're so lucky this Cannibal person here is such an insightful individual for showing us exactly how terrible it is the thing we enjoy so much. Truly we're not in their level if we cannot grasp the dept of the shithole that absolutely no one else sees. Thank you oh wonderful cannibal, for your rant has truly been inspiring

joined Sep 9, 2013

FALCON PUN...I mean KICK!!

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

K.O

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Cluttering up the discussion? There is literally only one comment that was posted since the raw and translation for the newest chapter was posted that isn't replying to my post. I'm not spamming, so what's the big deal? If my opinion is unwanted then people wouldn't keep replying every time. Simply ignoring a forum post isn't a hard thing to do. If people don't like the discussion/argument then they don't have to read it. It's like someone asking you guys to stop posting a series they don't like because seeing the title pop up every update annoys them. Unless I am breaking forum rules I don't see why you want to the discussion to end.

How the hell is it criticizing the same thing over and over again when I'm criticizing the new chapter that just got released? The argument/discussion will end when people stop replying, the series ends or the forum mods start censoring posts.

dis·cuss: talk about (something) with another person or group of people.

And if no one wants to stop then why should we?

According to your words, you'd consider "good writing" Ejima Eri drawing down a couple of pages with a flashback or some considerations from Yuzumori on her relationship with a certain Ririha. But, by revealing Yuzumori's past with her friends as an introduction to this arc, the author would've been "telling" us all the information we needed at one time. Instead, we've been given everything to draw "hypothetical, but not far from the truth" conclusions chapter after chapter.

How the hell is that telling? That would be showing, it would be showing us with pictures, expressions and past interactions, what we have now is the past being told to us through speech bubbles right after the conflict is over.

We have not been given a damn thing to draw from. Every conclusion came from people knowing the tropes and applying them, because this story doesn't break away from it. The moment Ririha threatened Yuzumori in the bathroom many people were already correctly predicting what was coming, because its the same old trope over and over again, nothing new or interesting.

This is important because it's the first hint of Ririha's existence. No name, no backstory, just a vague image of Yuzumori having friends that she doesn't consider fun

That is the biggest stretch I have seen yet. There isn't even a mention of a specific friend, only that there are indeed other children that attend Yuzumori's school.

Quoting Yuzumori, "I don't think it's worth getting too worked up over it while knowing nothing of it".

And yet absolutely nothing on what Yuzumori thinks of Ririha. Nothing specifically about her personality or their past relationship.

Whilst at first she didn't think of herself as the reason why Yuzumori's no friends, she does now that one of Yuzumori's friends tells her that they've been trying to reach out to her, but Yuzumori says she has something to do after school. When Mimika asks Yuzumori that, what she gets back proves her that Yuzumori's indeed putting their time together above everything else, even a second chance to friendship.

That makes absolutely no sense. Mimika says "she might find it hard getting along with other kids her age..." Mimika already thinks that Yuzumori doesn't have any close friends, she finds this out very early after befriending her. So why does she all the sudden forget? Why does Mimika think that as soon as they met that Yuzumori put her above everything else? Is Mimika really that narcissistic?

I don't think Ririha's speech moved anybody. At this point, she's exposed too much of herself (defending Yuzumori from bully-Shiori after threatening her) that the only way to save her pride is confessing that she is the mastermind behind their separation. The only thing that was missing having come so far was an answer to all the "why's" instilled in us drop by drop since the day Ririha glared at Yuzumori.

I don't even know... again, that's just such a huge stretch... To save her pride after kicking the shit out of a highschooler is to reveal that she ruined Yuzumori's relationship and ruin her own plans? what?

Since we know the true Ririha and she threatened Yuzumori, we were led to believe that that was the personality by which Yuzumori knew her too. Ejima did a really good job in giving us the impression that Ririha was a natural born bitch, taking us exactly where she wanted, where we'd assume that Yuzumori knew her by her "true" personality too, and thus not really the kind of company she'd like to be around.

And nothing has changed since then, Ririha is still just a natural born bitch. That was never hidden from anybody and there is no real personality to be revealed. We have known the real one and never seen Yuzumori interacting with the fake one. That's why all this dialogue about getting the know the real Ririha makes no sense and has little impact.

Ririha's dangerous, Yuzumori knows it, then, why is she not concerned with her? We needed an explanation that made sense with everything else, with Ririha's blushes and Yuzumori's easiness around her even after the threat. I believe we got our answer.

No we didn't since Ririha accomplished her goal. She was dangerous, she was a threat, and Yuzumori was 100% wrong not to be concerned about her.

When I say that it's too early to call it bad writing since this is an on-going story, I do that because each chapter brings up new knowledge that allows you to give a meaning to parts that you didn't find relevant before, that didn't make sense if taken out of the bigger picture, but those are all parts that Ejima's placed there with a precise intention.

That's exactly why it's bad writing, the new knowledge is just told to us. It's not shown and the reveal happens after the conflict. It's like watching a Tarantino movie but never actually seeing the events that lead up to the end, just a paragraph after the opening explaining the character's motivations. Besides, this isn't a mystery manga, we are not following a pair of detectives trying to figure out Ririha's crime and her motivations. And also, there is nothing precise or intentional here. There is absolutely no foreshadowing for this conflict, there is a ton of foreshadowing about Yuzumori's family problems but I suppose that's going to be saved for the ending. But right now this is just padding in order to sell more volumes.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Do you like Onepunch-man ? then get ready for Onekick-loli!!

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Man, we're so lucky this Cannibal person here is such an insightful individual for showing us exactly how terrible it is the thing we enjoy so much. Truly we're not in their level if we cannot grasp the dept of the shithole that absolutely no one else sees. Thank you oh wonderful cannibal, for your rant has truly been inspiring

I guess that if you can't defend it then might as well be sarcastic about it. That way you can try your best to sound clever while also not having to try to actually defend the faults in something that you like.

last edited at Dec 23, 2017 10:11PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

What the shit

joined Jun 16, 2017

I 100% agree with you Cannibal, this all felt like a complete waste of time and if this pathetic, cliche-ridden excuse for an arc is all the author could come up with I don't think it bodes well for future arcs.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Wow,what a brat.

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

K.O.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I feel like this story took a strange nonsensical turn a couple chapters back, and I don't understand a thing of what's happening in it anymore. Am I just not getting it, or did the author's train of thought derail?

joined Aug 19, 2012

no need to be angry over loli

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

"DONT YOU" finish your sentences?

1098209_644833648869478_145046414_n
joined Nov 19, 2017

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree with the fact that this is the greatest manga of all time?

joined May 25, 2017

its forth grade drama all over again

i hope we can all get fuzzy pedobait at the end

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Eh, was hoping that this chapter would be the kamikaze attack

joined Jun 3, 2014

She's dead

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

That way you can try your best to sound clever while also not having to try to actually defend the faults in something that you like.

It's also possible they don't see them as faults. It's also possible to like something despite its faults.

It can be interesting to see what is wrong in something in order to improve it, or to recognise faults if you want to create something and uses it as referential. But as a reader, why shouldn't we be allowed to simply enjoy a story without having to pick every details out?

Some people just have better tolerance than you have is all. I think you have made your point quite clearly several pages ago.

last edited at Dec 24, 2017 12:38AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.