Forum › Citrus discussion

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

Maybe people expect the rape as romance trope when there's a guy involved, but not when the characters are women.

Asian media seems to have a special place for rape in their heart. The shoujo het romances of the 90's and early 00's have so many heroes raping the heroines in the name of ''love''. Yaoi has always been rape-y. There is some rape in Yuri, but those are rare.

Even now, in Thai dramas rape is shown as a form of love. The twisted part is, somehow, the girl falls in love with the guy after all that. That's just unsettling and horrible usage of the rape trope.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

I think that ties to the general perception of damaged men being "attractive" to women. Look at Fifty Shades of Grey for an example of that trope.

One person on Eroge Download put it like this "The first time a woman in a hentai is raped, she hates it. Second time, she enjoys it. Third time, she becomes an obsessive slut hungry for cock." On that same note, there are a disturbing amount of H-Games built on raping woman, which has some VERY unsettling implications.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

So many offtopic posts...

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Let's come back to Citrus indeed. Crunchyroll picked it worldwide. And the next Yuri Hime magazine, released sunday will give some more news about the anime since there isn't any chapter this month.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

heads up,citrus chapter 20 will be uploaded after final qc,soon . also the last 3 chapters of the anthology as well as soon as we have translation for the final 4 pages.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Aaaaaand now Citrus is completed :) (so far at least)

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ah thank you. Pages 38/39 are inversed. ;)

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

corrected

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

You're a boss. And thank again to Chaosteam and Dynasty-Scan to allow us to have the full collection with one of the hardest chapters to translate completing the list. I will read it again before the anime.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

You're a boss. And thank again to Chaosteam and Dynasty-Scan to allow us to have the full collection with one of the hardest chapters to translate completing the list. I will read it again before the anime.

It's funny to note that I read three versions of this chapter, they all are kind of different. The worse was the fast translated one, it was really confusing, I didn't really get what the chapter was about. I should reread the official, but I think it is slightly different than Chaosteam's - translation which I prefer because it seems to make more sense.

I don't know why, in both French and English official releases, they tend to ignore the whole gyaru thing, there are others stuff that are left out in the English version of vol6, e.g. the things with Mei forcing herself to eat spicy foods during their dates. I think it's a pretty important thing but it doesn't appear in the official translation...

Anyway, thank you Chaosteam <3!

last edited at Dec 17, 2017 1:53PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

This was a nice chapter, had a good emotional impact.
Also its title is a good idea for people who continue to read this series just to hate on it.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Also its title is a good idea for people who continue to read this series just to hate on it.

I don't understand the correlation

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I don't understand the correlation

Love yourself by not hatewatching things.

joined May 24, 2014

You gotta love yourself so you don't wreck yourself, you hear?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

You gotta love yourself so you don't wreck yourself, you hear?

Exactly.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

now I kinda hope there is a love triangle between mei, yuzu, and harumi

joined May 24, 2014

But will they understand, understand ... UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF LOVE!

https://youtu.be/4V4IEV8l-gA

last edited at Dec 18, 2017 10:48PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Harumi belongs to Matsuri though.

joined Sep 25, 2015

Truth

joined Jan 28, 2017

Truth

not anymore.

joined Dec 27, 2017

Can't wait for the new chapter to come out!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Anime is off to a brilliant start. Great animation quality, probably the best in a yuri anime since Yurikuma Arashi, and let's you know straight from the OP that there's girls and they gonna be kissing a lot.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I am not expecting much from the anime but after seeing episode 1, I got hyped.

Episode 1's inclusion of the lunch scene from Chapter 2 and the volume 1 omake means they're going to change minor things to make it flow better.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So happy for the way the anime is shaping up

To reply you must either login or sign up.