Forum › A Song About Missing You discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

How so?

In the most charitable light, she unilaterally decided what was best for someone else, then enacted that decision through deception, without giving the other party a chance to respond. Also, if her goal was the long-term well-being of her girlfriend then she obviously failed miserably - the woman is clearly depressed, probably suicidal, and the highlight of her life is her dreams about a dead person. In fact, it was incredibly short-sighted even if we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she had the best intentions - how the hell are you going to hide the truth from the woman once you're dead? Clearly they had mutual friends, the whole charade was bound to fall apart from the beginning.

Not exactly what I'd call "consideration". In fact, it's rather the opposite.

For whatever reason she didn't want her girlfriend to spend time with her while she was dying. That's a personal decision, and one that should be respected. But they way she went about it was downright cruel, as well as being very stupid.

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

She wanted her girlfriend to move on, even if it meant resenting her. Depending on the nature of the illness, watching a loved one fight a losing battle and slowly waste away can be painful for both of them. Even if her girlfriend was willing to be there for her, she might not have wanted to be a burden and feel the weight of that when she was the one dying. Death's a pretty personal decision for the person dying, too. Hard to want to be considerate when your time is almost up. I get where she's coming from. Dying wishes can be pretty selfish.

That said, I didn't realize it until she said "the day of the funeral" so that hit me like a freight train.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 3:55PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Why not enjoy these 3 years together?

Enjoy? When you're ill terminal you go through a lot of things, she didnt want her loved one to suffer (to be left behind hurts) and the other party accepted her wish.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

:(

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

schuyguy
Ah, I see, I see. I am actually finding myself agreeing with you. But I think there was a slight misunderstanding here, lol, I was actually talking about the main character when I wrote "consideration or stupidity", and assumed your "selfishness" was also a take on her, rather than the dead girlfriend.

What I meant with "consideration or stupidity" is that she found out a year after the break-up, therefore, two years before her girlfriend died, what the truth was, but decided not to seek her lover out. Hence, she showed deep consideration for her girlfriend's apparent wish for them not to be together while she is dying, but I also think it was stupid, on account of life being, well, once-and-never-again sort of a deal, without a convenient place beyond where they could meet again.

joined Sep 28, 2015

I dunno, the whole 'dead all along' at this point for me is like a shaggy dog story in terms of cliche. Might as well have had her wake up and realize it was all a dream too.

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Omg I’m not crying.. ;-;

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

This kinda reminds me of Dana pushing everyone away. Uh the feels

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

The title reminds me to a manga with a similiar title, i think the name of the manga was the song about a piece of junk (?) Or something like that. Whatever happened to that?

Streptococcus pneumoniae
00213_opt
joined Sep 23, 2017

I think it definitely needs a "Tragedy" tag, or "Drama", or even "Depressing as fuck".

I will go with "Depressing as fuck"

Images%20(18)
joined Oct 18, 2017

She wanted to spare her the grief of losing her to a slow, debilitating illness. Better, she thought, if she remembers me fondly, or even hates me and moves on now than if we stay together as I lose everything that makes us happy together.

She wanted her girlfriend to move on, even if it meant resenting her. Depending on the nature of the illness, watching a loved one fight a losing battle and slowly waste away can be painful for both of them.

I can not decide if it was the very pinnacle of consideration, or of stupidity.

I would call it selfishness.

The dead person made a choice. Whatever form it is, I couldn't see it in any other way but selfishness. HOWEVER, selfishness is never good or bad for me. It depends on what is in the heart. In this story, both understand each other's circumstance. The ending just capsulized a peaceful death and a sweet memory of the dead and of the living, respectively. Was this a so-so story? For me, no. The author successfully presented the story that you need to put your heart in it. Arching stories can be drawn out from this one-shot. If you observed, the second page exactly drawn what was in the MC's mind after attending the funeral. Thus, metaphorically speaking, the visit can be taken as a dream. The MC dialogue can be her hurt that she was able to release through the visit/dream paving way to acceptance(in the balcony, looking at the sky) leaving a memory that is worth keeping and can be replayed over and over again. Is this a sign that the MC is moving on in the story? To me, yes.

Edit: I wonder what was the song about missing you... I was thinking of Ghost movie OST, Unchained Melody. (The choice comes with age... hahaha)

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 8:24PM

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

;^; Nnnnooouuuaaaaaaahhhh

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 7:23PM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Sarasa ended the relationship early so her girlfriend wouldn't spend the rest of her life grieving over her. MC understood this and respected her decision. I think they both did the best they could to preserve their partner's best interests, and the affair with the ghost might mean MC is finally ready to move on. Whether either party still should have been more selfish from the start is left to the reader's opinion.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 7:37PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I vote against tags which spoil. In this case it ruins a huge part of the emotional delivery of the story.

It spoiled my heart cuz I read it without knowing it's angst.

joined Mar 10, 2017

I can not decide if it was the very pinnacle of consideration, or of stupidity.

perhaps both, and maybe that is why sometimes it is better to be selfish

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

All the feels ... :'( Jin you~~~!!
Awww. Damn it. Those tears.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Saw these a million times and I don't give a damn anymore.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 9:20PM

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Of the "she was dead all along!" stories I've read, this was the worst.

I agree. The idea is not new and the execution is bad.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Ooooh, right in the heart, Takemiya-sensei .... Why so depressing?

joined Jul 3, 2017

ouch.

3z8eb8cxabml0ib3limx
Divulge Scans
joined Dec 29, 2010

Where is the credit from? I know its madoka Magica but it like it's from a doujin

It's from an illustration set on Pixiv.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

schuyguy
Ah, I see, I see. I am actually finding myself agreeing with you. But I think there was a slight misunderstanding here, lol, I was actually talking about the main character when I wrote "consideration or stupidity", and assumed your "selfishness" was also a take on her, rather than the dead girlfriend.

Oh, haha.... I see that now. I misread. I think you're right about that.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Are we all just gonna gloss over the fact that she fucked a ghost?

To reply you must either login or sign up.