Forum › A Song About Missing You discussion

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I vote against tags which spoil. In this case it ruins a huge part of the emotional delivery of the story.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 11:12AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Not a big fan of this one. Of the "she was dead all along!" stories I've read, this was the worst. It improved slightly on a second reading, with the "I'll go with you" line having some weight to it, but over all there's just not much there.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I vote against tags which spoil. In this case it ruins a huge part of the emotional delivery of the story.

Something I thought about too. I'll remove Tragedy for now, but mods can decide later whether to reinstate that.

Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

We need the tag "Takejima Jin please fix this story or i will die in sadness" xDDD

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Ohoho I forgot the feel of being surprised ;-•

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_song_about_missing_you#11

I totally missed what was happening there. I need some sleep. On second glance, it's nicely delivered with her disappearing as the light moves over Asuka.

But all in all I can't relate to the overall message of running away if you're dying. A dog or a cat might do that to find a place to die, but isn't it kind of your duty as a human being to bury your friends, companions and family or at least to be there to "bear witness"?

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 12:03PM

Tumblr_n8hxly8osm1rw6hhbo1_500
joined Jun 26, 2017

omg i absolutely did not see that coming

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

But all in all I can't relate to the overall message of running away if you're dying. A dog or a cat might do that to find a place to die, but isn't it kind of your duty as a human being to bury your friends, companions and family or at least to be there to "bear witness"?

It sucks, but I kind of get it. She probably had family/friends to help her with that process, but she didn't want wrap up her girlfriend into it because that's one hell of a commitment and a lot of emotional baggage. So she chose to let her go.

Who knows which is better, but she at least made a choice on the matter.

B61e85481cd305c6139d74d53e7100cf--pixel-ideas
joined Sep 20, 2017

I knew it right away when she faded away. This is so heart-breaking ;_;

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Something I thought about too. I'll remove Tragedy for now, but mods can decide later whether to reinstate that.

Thanks, by the time I saw this it was removed and it made for a really nice emotional impact at the end. I found myself going back and re-reading pages looking for the hints Takemiya-sensei left, with strangely cathartic enjoyment.

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 12:25PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_song_about_missing_you#11

I totally missed what was happening there. I need some sleep. On second glance, it's nicely delivered with her disappearing as the light moves over Asuka.

She wanted to spare her the grief of losing her to a slow, debilitating illness. Better, she thought, if she remembers me fondly, or even hates me and moves on now than if we stay together as I lose everything that makes us happy together.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

FU-- uhhh fudge. Gonna admit I didn't see that being the actual reason for the breakup.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

;__________; I'M NOT CRYING YOUR CRYING

joined Apr 27, 2017

Good idea, I was about to say this needs a supernatural tag, but maybe not.

Maki%20und%20nico
joined Nov 18, 2014

Why not enjoy these 3 years together?

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I think it definitely needs a "Tragedy" tag, or "Drama", or even "Depressing as fuck".

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I liked this. Especially when it is revealed she knew her girlfriend was dying for two whole years, but decided not to go and see her. I can not decide if it was the very pinnacle of consideration, or of stupidity. Either way, is a nice touch. Usually in these types of stories, the realisation comes far, far too late, I can not actually recall another story when the other party knows in advance.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

well that messed me up...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I can not decide if it was the very pinnacle of consideration, or of stupidity.

I would call it selfishness.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

God bless no why ugh damn it Takemiya, that hurt

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

I was about to suggest the tag but if you look at it like that.. I agree it's better without.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I think Angst and/or Drama, and maybe even Supernatural would be appropriate, non-spoiler tags.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I would call it selfishness.

How so?

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I think Angst and/or Drama, and maybe even Supernatural would be appropriate, non-spoiler tags.

Supernatural ? Nah..

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Ghost ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.