Forum › Citrus discussion

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

goddess

More like what a moron that seems incapable of communicating like a normal human being.

If characters in Citrus communicated like normal human beings the drama would have ended in Chapter 2.

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

goddess

More like what a moron that seems incapable of communicating like a normal human being.

If characters in Citrus communicated like normal human beings the drama would have ended in Chapter 2.

yeah seriously thats why i stopped reading... i just now took a look at the new chapter (i stopped at 10 or smth) and it feels like i didnt miss a thing...
this manga is powered by drama generator. seriously

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Man, direct communication has to be one of the wildest fucking concepts in Japan, because NOBODY EVER FUCKING TALKS ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

RIGHT?

It's the ultimate obstacle, to get oneself to speak, to get the other person to listen, it's so so so so so so so hard. I an't just believe it xD

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

this manga is powered by drama generator. seriously

Not for like 15 chapters or so, but it is a (melo)drama from the start, so if you don't like that, sure you're not missing anything, but it's still pretty good. I'm loving the angst personally and it's coming back after many chapters of sweetness. I'm afraid Mei will be rejecting Yuzu's kiss... Perhaps it'll spark something in Yuzu so she can finally start being like her old self and meddles in her girlfriend's affair!

OOOOOhhhh Yuzu as much as I adore her annoys me sometimes!! She never lets Mei finish her sentence like ever!

I agree, she feels way too over-protective of her and Mei's love (understandably, though), and especially to over-protective toward Mei. The girl struggles to express her feelings and when she's trying it, Yuzu goes all "no, it's okay take your time"... It's a bit sad :(

Matsuri is still trying to see if she should protect Mei and Yuzu's relationship, I hope she will be some kind of catalyst but in a good way this time; she was already trying to play Cupid not too long ago. I'm afraid of eye-brow girl trying to make them break up (gently) even in order to protect Mei..

Anyhow, a transitional chapter with angst and a bit of Yuzu's sweetness, so it's all cool!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

The last panel,... She's going to push her awayyyyy, she's going to push her aaaawaaaaaayyyyy. \\\O.OO.O///// #shaking around wildly*

last edited at Nov 17, 2017 5:15PM

joined Apr 1, 2017

I guess its too much to expect Mei show some kind of actual will of her own. Can't wait for them to break up next chapter when she tells Yuzu about her engagement.

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I prefer drama when it's out of character's control. But when it's self-inflicted I just get annoyed. Just tell your girlfriend, yeah gramps is still on me to do marriage interviews, I'm gonna go just to humor him but I'll turn the guy down. Boom, no drama here, right?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaabygirl
joined Oct 5, 2017

:^))))))))))))))))))))))))) okay.

Img_4897
joined Oct 27, 2017

Hoooooo boy. Another "obstacle" character to get in the way and cause conflict. We were doing so well for a while.

It really bothers me when THAT is the majority of conflict when Yuzu and Mei are flawed enough to have plenty of drama between the two of them.

Well, I've been here since 2013, I'm here for the ride at this point. Let's see where it goes from here.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Shiet why tho(°▽°)

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

this is getting a little too dramatic for me

Untitled-1
joined Aug 29, 2013

this is getting a little too dramatic for me

Haha i was gonna say exactly the same thing

Badass%20yuyuko%20-%20avatar2
joined Dec 4, 2015

auikimaya said:
Man, direct communication has to be one of the wildest fucking concepts in Japan, because NOBODY EVER FUCKING TALKS ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

You seem a little stressed. If you didn't do it yet, go read "More Than Friends?" from our Yuri Goddess Mochi Au Lait (and if you already did, consider doing it again), it will make you feel better . . . . until chapter 16 of course (you can also read Mochi's other works and enjoy the Mochiverse).

zeeem said:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/citrus_ch34#20

is this a jojo reference ? http://i.imgur.com/M0N5W8j.jpg

Yare Yare Daze.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yuzu is way too nice for her own good.

joined Sep 4, 2016

On the one hand, at least this chapter looks like Saboruta gave a shit about the art.

On the other, there was next to zero progress in the story.

Maybe by this time next year we'll have met Mei's fiance?

Gay%20cum
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh boy, another chapter full of nothing.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Again this feeling of no progress is this somekind of a sick joke

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, yeah... usual cliche. An arranged marriage that she can't get out of because every single adult around her doens't care one bit about what she wants or think. She's such a "good girl" you know.

Inb4 they elope, then they give up on eloping, then they expose everything to the family, then they are cast out, then Mei's father appears to save the day as a Deus Ex Machina and all is well that ends well and they have several blond science babies.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Yeah, yeah... usual cliche. An arranged marriage that she can't get out of because every single adult around her doens't care one bit about what she wants or think. She's such a "good girl" you know.

Inb4 they elope, then they give up on eloping, then they expose everything to the family, then they are cast out, then Mei's father appears to save the day as a Deus Ex Machina and all is well that ends well and they have several blond science babies.

If that pattern continues it is more likely it will end with Mei moving to the US for some reason, 2 years timeskip, reunion with a hug and the end.
Gotta include all the yuri drama tropes.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

On the one hand, at least this chapter looks like Saboruta gave a shit about the art.

Schedule conflict. She cares about her art.

Well, it was already discussed it at length, the context of her family and her career goal. What could they do at this moment? It's the only logical next step if they continue "normally", so it has happen. But similar to the previous chapter, we don't know what will really happen

I'm cool with that, but it doesn't have enough angst! There is the possibility of an arrangement with the boss (that looks like the most likely candidate). I'd also like to see the mother as a deus ex machina, she is their appointed protector, after all! And she's a chill mother :3

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 7:36AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Hmm. It's been bothering me since the outing chapter but I really can't remember when Himeko "discovered" the relationship between Mei and Yuzu. Was there a foreshadowing I missed somewhere or Himeko really just felt suspicious of them during the trip?

Re-reading will probably help but alas, not much time.

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Well, we can imagine that Himeko had some doubts, since the chapter where she tried to stop Yuzu being invested in Mei, but Himeko had the confirmation in the previous chapter, including the fact that Mei reciprocated Yuzu's feelings. Matsuri told everything, the ring, the romance. So she knows the extent of their relationship now.

Rin
joined Aug 4, 2017

Not much happened but at least Mei tried to tell Yuzu about what was going on. Of course she got interrupted because drama, but I can appreciate the effort. At least it shows she's not completely willing to leave Yuzu in the dark anymore, but maybe Mei thinks it'll overwhelm and hurt her too much to know their relationship is coming to an end.

I wish Matsuri would just confide in Harumin. She's the only one at this point who doesn't know about the relationship, and I can't see her rejecting Yuzu for it. Maybe she and her sister can help come up with a plan to get Mei out of this situation.

But then again, like Shiraho said, it's really up to Yuzu and Mei to help themselves. And one thing they don't have is proper communication.

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 12:20PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

nuyari posted:

And one thing they don't have is proper communication.

It wouldn't be yuri otherwise.

To reply you must either login or sign up.