Forum › Love, Heat Haze, End-of-Summer Regrets discussion

joined Jul 31, 2013

i rather liked this lol. more often then not, when you find someone you like, they tend to already be in a relationship. at least from my own experiences lol. so yes, while lack of lovin for the mc is sad, can't we all rejoice the fact that this lesbian girl who was being ostracized at school had some happiness in her life outside of it? none of that oh poor tortured soul getting saved by their nice/curious classmate spiel we see so often?

Got to say, I agree with this. I hate when that kind of development is used lazily, and it ends up making the whole relationship seem codependent or unhealthy, or masking the true issues in the characters' lives. Not that it can't be fun or genuine, but it's so common that we've seen it go poorly many times. The last page gives me a lot of hope too.

Hkjmgjk
joined Jan 20, 2015

jeee, yeah, that angst. But hey, as it has been said, we all should be happy for the lesbian girl, now she has a friend at school, a good friend she can be honest with.

Personally, I Love Ohsawa Yayoi works. Not only her art style but her way of developing the stories it´s really interesting. She can make some really good plot twists, and the characters, they are always different from each other.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Pretty disappointed not to hear from Random Reader on this one honestly.

roem:
Personally, I Love Ohsawa Yayoi works.

Oh hi there Hitsugi

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Honestly it's hard to take. But it's interesting to consider. Is it more heartbreaking at the end of the main oneshot when she knows her feelings completely but then she tells her that she has a girlfriend and it just drops off, or this where she acknowledges she still loves her and will pursue her even if it's hopeless.

66777fb900c3
joined Aug 7, 2015

3heavy5me

joined Mar 14, 2014

:'(

123548.320x180
joined Aug 7, 2013

Actually the credit page reaction to those tags for me would be "Nope, nope, nope. I'm out."
I can't handle all this aangst anymore..

last edited at Jan 22, 2016 7:27AM

Img_1317
joined Jan 19, 2015

I do love this two parter. it's more real than a lot of one shots I see.

Url-2
joined Dec 22, 2015

they gotta make this shti into a series its amazing omg i need to know more

joined Feb 27, 2017

Don't call me out like this.

joined Dec 19, 2016

What was the point of this little sequel? To slam it into our face that the mc didn't stand a chance? I wanna see a story where this happened and the mc tells her to fuck off and that she doesn't want to be friends anymore.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What was the point of this little sequel? To slam it into our face that the mc didn't stand a chance? I wanna see a story where this happened and the mc tells her to fuck off and that she doesn't want to be friends anymore.

That's a pretty awful way to treat a friend. It's not Megumi's fault Asuka fell in love with her (though maybe she is a bit of a flirt).

As to what's the point, the first story was about Asuka's first love, and her realization that she's gay, and then her discovery that her first love is doomed. It was also a neat little story about subverting the reader's expectations - things aren't usually so convenient as these stories typically go.

The sequel is about how Asuka copes with her new feelings, and her implicit rejection. She could have become bitter, or desperate, or angry, but instead she accepts the fact that Megumi has someone else, and she accepts the fact that her love for Megumi won't fade away so quickly. I think it was a nice story.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

This one always gets me, it's probably because at the climax of the story we got a poop confession that wasn't a confession at all...just one to tell the truth

That's a pretty awful way to treat a friend. It's not Megumi's fault Asuka fell in love with her (though maybe she is a bit of a flirt).

As to what's the point, the first story was about Asuka's first love, and her realization that she's gay, and then her discovery that her first love is doomed. It was also a neat little story about subverting the reader's expectations - things aren't usually so convenient as these stories typically go.

The sequel is about how Asuka copes with her new feelings, and her implicit rejection. She could have become bitter, or desperate, or angry, but instead she accepts the fact that Megumi has someone else, and she accepts the fact that her love for Megumi won't fade away so quickly. I think it was a nice story.

God, you're too optimistic it's blinding me

last edited at Nov 18, 2017 2:02AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Hey, I'm not saying it's a happy story. Just that I liked it. She still got rejected in a pretty depressing and final fashion.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Lol credit page. Yes that was Me! That was I! That was killing me. Thank you for expressing us readers.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This is exactly why I love this and the prequel. It's so painful, but is more relateable than most stories on this site. It was a great exploration of Asuka's sexuality, her doomed first love, and a tinge of hope that maybe she won't be quite hesitant in the future. It's also great to see that Megumi is in a happy relationship (with someone that's probably older than her and Age Gap is always a plus in my book)

joined Aug 23, 2018

I see this story more about Asuka sexual awakening rather then a romantic story between her and Megumi. This is more a uplifting ending for me but I can see why some see it as a downbeat one.

I can't believe anyone comes out of this thinking Asuka should cut off Megumi and not be friends with her anymore. Asuka clearly has had a impact on Megumi's life. I get the feeling Megumi beside having her Girlfriend, doesn't have friends to confide in or probably doesn't since coming out. She's clearly a outcast in school. So when the cool and popular Asuka shows a interest in her as a friend, and doesn't care about the rumor about Megumi's sexuality. Megumi clearly opens herself to Asuka. You can tell how nervous Megumi is with telling her new friend that the rumors are in fact true, that she's afraid Asuka will disown her. She's over the moon when Asuka accepts her.

She doesn't know Asuka is love with her, she think's Asuka is straight. Sure she's a flirt but most people are. Sure it suck for Asuka been around someone who you have feelings for, but she has a friend who be there for her unlike her other friend who clearly won't.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

Been years and I still love this two parter

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

oh well...

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Didn't know there was a sequel I was just re reading coz I was in that mood. Even if it wasn't a good ending it was still kinda satisfying? My comment to the previous chapter 7 years ago I was an edgy kid -.-

To reply you must either login or sign up.