Forum › Saki Shinohayu discussion

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I like Kanna quite a lot. This latest chapter was enjoyable.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
KoishithelovingGourmet
Mod_k-1
joined Feb 6, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_shinohayu_ch41#16

Shino is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 10:19AM

1eafaf94d436491c31016c4e6ce47819
joined May 16, 2012

I'm wondering if we will ever see kokaji in this story.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

"I'll protect you, like this wall." How cute! I like her!

last edited at Apr 28, 2017 9:26PM

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Soon the yuri power will be in overdrive

joined Mar 17, 2017

mahjong is suffering

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Hayari pls, you can't let them do you like that bb </3

You%20thought%20it%20was%20a%20pancake
joined Sep 16, 2013

Feels kind alike Hayari's gonna have to intentionally deal in to push one of the other schools into first place. They're mostly making haymakers though.

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I don't understand this, why would the match end in the vice-captain match if Bonkohara places first? If someone would get knocked under 0 points it would make sense but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I don't understand this, why would the match end in the vice-captain match if Bonkohara places first? If someone would get knocked under 0 points it would make sense but that doesn't seem to be the case.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_shinohayu_ch30#31

Kind of an interesting win condition I guess, though I'm not sure if I like it... >.>

joined Feb 1, 2015

Hi, everyone.
Notice that chapter 50 has a few extra pages. From page 50-24 onwards. I see the staff of Dynasty Scans have already added them to the end of chapter 50. That's good.
Thanks all for reading.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Maaan, I know it won't happen, but I'd love to see pres turn out to be a hidden boss or you know, actually be able to hang with some of the top players later on.

joined Mar 30, 2012

I just read all of Shinohayu and this is surprisingly DARK. Shino's mom goes "missing", and true to Ritz's style, the plot doesn't mention it a single bit until ~40 chapters later which it's implied that she's been KIDNAPPED with some type of "magic". I really hope this bs isn't in the main Saki story but it seems that in Saki's Semi's captain match it was confirmed that there are mystical abilities that can influence others physically so... I am still hoping that Shinohayu's world champ thing here doesn't link to Saki. On the other hand, one of the coaches in Saki mentioned recruiting them to being world team players or something and I'd like to read more mahjong but could really do without the dark horror that Shinohayu is implying.

joined Jan 12, 2014

Have you read or watched Akagi? It's also a manga/anime about mahjong but focused on the "underground side" (money, betting, yakuza, debts, etc).

I think what is implied is that someone is recruiting mahjong players (willing or not) to play some shady tournament. And Shino's mom is one of those players forced to participate.

Now, for the mystic side of Saki/Shinohayu I think it's more akin superstition. Like in any game involving "luck", there are patterns or beliefs that people think can make they win. Being a fantasy manga gives freedom to the authors to imagine and illustrate the "powers" of the characters. Although Risa (Saki's buchou) is more realistic as she focus on the psychological side of the things (reading opponents and playing mind games).

joined Mar 11, 2016

Ch 60
So Chihiro x Yuzu is confirmed or is it a translation error?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

a good and long chapter, very appreciate it. if only the main story could be this long too. TOT

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

For anyone interested: Pechvogel is dutch for an unlucky person, often used in the context of someone having bad luck repeatedly.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Whats with the sudden Dutch title?

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I think it'd be hilarious if Shino just went bust here.

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

Can't choose who to cheer in this manga.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Her mother better have been kidnapped or something.

Because if she abandoned her daughter just because she wanted to play Mahjong with the World champion, she deserves jail time.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Her mother better have been kidnapped or something.

I think it's been strongly implied waaaaaaay back at the beginning that she got blackmailed (or something).

AnAsianBrony
Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Aaand nothing happened lmao

To reply you must either login or sign up.