joined Apr 28, 2016

These interactions are physically painful

Hurts so good.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Hurts so good.

Not as painful as Watamote or lesbian experience with loneliness. More painful than Bocchi.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

gonna leave this here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH3xUnDm26s

Omg this is SOOO funny. I'm glad my remnant japanese comprehension was still enough to enjoy this. The cinematography was better than expected too was a nice bonus. Thanks a bunch for sharing it :D

Zomg is it a live series? In this video when she went AH! I thought the gyaru had poked her in a private place with her toe or something.

last edited at Oct 13, 2017 10:23PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Oh jeez the actresses for both of them are gorgeous * o *

I admit that was my first thought, too. Holy crap a yuri series with two bijins

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Hurts so good.

Not as painful as Watamote or lesbian experience with loneliness.

Few series are.

joined Aug 14, 2017

So much

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I NEED IT WITH AT LEAST ENGLISH SUBS, PLS Q.Q even when I'm spanish

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Hurts so good.

Not as painful as Watamote or lesbian experience with loneliness. More painful than Bocchi.

I had never read Watamote but I always thiked it was a funny serie o.o do you recomend it?

joined Apr 28, 2016

I had never read Watamote but I always thiked it was a funny serie o.o do you recomend it?

I can't say with any certainty whether you'll like it or not; it's very hit-or-miss depending on the person reading it. But I recommend you at least try it. Very few if any other manga/anime series do what Watamote does.

A word of advice, don't try to read a bunch of chapters at once; take breaks between them.

last edited at Oct 14, 2017 10:18PM

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

If I may intervene.

I had never read Watamote but I always thiked it was a funny serie o.o

It is, but most of the funny stuff, at least in the first half/part of the series, is based on the main character making a fool of herself in social situations. So yeah, this is mostly "cringe" humour as young people say. If you can't deal with embarrassment even in stories, it may be hard for you to enjoy it.

That said, the second/latest part of the story has a lot of feel good and sweet moments and is becoming more and more a slice of life story rather than a sequence of embarrassing gags.

I can't second A5PECT enough, you should give it a try.

last edited at Oct 14, 2017 10:59PM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

The amount of misunderstandings in this one is cracking me up

joined Aug 14, 2017

It's finally here! Thanks Stan.
This series has been translated into my native language for a while (around Ch. 30+), and I for one wouldn't call it boring. It just never loses its "weird-but-cute" charm...

(。’▽’。)♡ can you tell me website?

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

Hehe, you have my attention.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

The amount of misunderstandings in this one is cracking me up

Relatable I misunderstood a let's go out for pizza as I'll kill you once. Ahhh inner ear infections they suck.

joined May 24, 2014

That was a NOSE hit!

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Ah, classic yuri headbutt action~

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Gyaru is my spirit animal. Smelling hair for the fucking win, and cheap shampoo smells good so YEAH!

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

It's a good joke, but I hope they eventually get past the misunderstanding and patch up their friendship. Stagnant character relationships get really frustrating after a while.

Looking at you, Shinozaki-san!

Lalala Ñañaña
Aaaaaaaa%20(1)
joined Oct 6, 2015

It's a good joke, but I hope they eventually get past the misunderstanding and patch up their friendship. Stagnant character relationships get really frustrating after a while.

Since this is called "Futari Monologue", I seriously doubt these misunderstandings are stopping anytime soon. And yes, misunderstanding jokes get old pretty quickly without a substantial plot.

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 2:38AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/futari_monologue_ch03#3
girl somewhat smiling without looking like a mass murderer = somewhat progress

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 3:24AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is it just me or does the gyaru look huge and incredibly buff?

joined Feb 23, 2016

wooow she soo akward xD

joined Apr 28, 2016

Mikage can't calm her gay and I love it.

Is it just me or does the gyaru look huge and incredibly buff?

Probably. She seems tall and has rather broad shoulders. But Mikage's stature plays off of Hinata's lack thereof, so the effect might be exaggerated somewhat.

Panel 2 seems to indicate that Hinata is about average height compared to most other students (can't say for sure because perspective), which would mean that Mikage is indeed very tall.

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 12:01PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I can't say with any certainty whether you'll like it or not; it's very hit-or-miss depending on the person reading it. But I recommend you at least try it. Very few if any other manga/anime series do what Watamote does.

A word of advice, don't try to read a bunch of chapters at once; take breaks between them.

Thank you for the advise ^^ I'll do it!

It is, but most of the funny stuff, at least in the first half/part of the series, is based on the main character making a fool of herself in social situations. So yeah, this is mostly "cringe" humour as young people say. If you can't deal with embarrassment even in stories, it may be hard for you to enjoy it.

That said, the second/latest part of the story has a lot of feel good and sweet moments and is becoming more and more a slice of life story rather than a sequence of embarrassing gags.

I can't second A5PECT enough, you should give it a try.

And thank you too :D

last edited at Oct 19, 2017 2:00PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.