Forum › New Game discussion

joined May 23, 2015

Naru's loyalty is also tied entirely to Momo (at least, as far as we know), who isn't even hired yet, herself, and whose own loyalty to the company is pretty heavily based on Yagami, who is planning to leave the company before they even become full employees.

Edit: not that the person assessing them knows about that last part yet, though...

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 3:12AM

joined Mar 22, 2017

and whose own loyalty to the company is pretty heavily based on Yagami.

Especially Aoba. Just saying.

joined May 23, 2015

Aoba has also been there long enough to start developing other relations and deeper goals beyond "I want to work with Yagami-san", though, while Momo hasn't really gotten there yet.

Which leads to the (not-so) fun hypothetical situation of Momo losing motivation because the entire reason she chose the company is gone, but feeling unable to leave because that's the only company Naru is being allowed to work at. Which could cause Naru to lose motivation, as she mainly joined to work with Momo, who isn't enjoying herself.

That kind of thing would never happen in the plot, but does seem like a possibility for a similar situation in the real world.

joined Mar 22, 2017

Patiently wait for next RAW volume to come out so I can buy it and roughly know based on picture what will happen next. (Especially Story progression) Which I think is upcoming June.

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I thought everyone got hired? I don't think it was a competition between Nene and Naru at all. One had training enough to be contributing (Naru) and one was supposed to be doing some on-the-job training doing non-critical tasks. Also, I'd be interested in seeing if Kou completely leaves Eagle Jump vs. working with another company on a project.

morter:

Oh, yeah, "seikai" was probably it. Thanks.

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 11:35AM

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

Technically speaking Kou will be working at another branch of the same company if I'm not wrong

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:56PM by Nezchan

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ineptify posted:

Technically speaking Kou will be working at another branch of the same company if I'm not wrong

Remember to use spoilers bars

last edited at Sep 15, 2017 12:56PM by Nezchan

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

morter:

Oh, yeah, "seikai" was probably it. Thanks.

I don't know what other doubt there is, but I'm happy I could help!

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

I'm actually intersted in the reasoning that went into the loyalties and the Neither choice, can you please expand a bit?

Sure!
Loyalties:
Loyalty to a company is something that's rather hard to get nowadays, just because the impact of technology onto the workforce is so volatile, and whereas the majority of people thirty years before stuck with a company for 20+ years, nowadays people go from company to company hoping for a little more money, more benefits, etc. To get an employee who is serious about remaining with the company is a sort of relief, because any person can tell you that hiring is a complete and absolute pain and waste of time.
Naru is loyal to Momo who is loyal to Ko and Eagle Jump. It's been brought up that both Momo and Aoba idealized Ko and came to Eagle Jump because of her art's impact on their career choices, but we pretty much knew Momo was getting the job as so long as Naru will follow Momo, she will follow the company Momo chooses. Besides, Ko isn't really leaving.
Nene is a bit more of a mixed case. Her generally bright and peppy attitude makes it hard to discern what really drives her to work at Eagle Jump. She's grown to like the company, but would she have ever come if not for Aoba? If Umiko didn't meet up with her over the period of her working on code, would she come back? Unlike Naru who we see is dedicated to one person who is dedicated to one place, Nene is a bit more all over the place. I wouldn't call her disloyal, but say that she gets an offer for a better company, a better pay, better bonuses, etc. Unlike Naru and Momo who came into the manga as a pair (and thus won't likely be separated), we can't say for certain Aoba and Umiko wouldn't tell Nene to go explore another company that could make her happier. We have no doubt she will stay with the company because this is a CGDCT manga, but irl she just doesn't have the same loyalty at face value as Naru.

Neither:
I'll be honest: most of us would probably have chosen neither if it were an option. I met up with my friends when returning home so they were the last to be asked.
A is a manager of quite a few start ups because he's a professor at NYU, where CS kids have to publish an app/game/program onto the market for their final project, and he manages all of them. (He did actually work in several senior positions in gaming companies before, got rich quick and retired to teach) Basically, he said that there's such a high supply of new seniors every year coming out from college to try to land a decent job that he doesn't see why he would settle.
My other friend, let's call her K, also says that she wouldn't settle. She graduated from a pretty famous art college (Parsons, anyone?), and she says that in today's competitive market, especially where fashion is so cut throat, she wouldn't take the risk of either. K is actually not afraid at all to fire people and restart the hiring process, just because she built her brand from the ground up by herself. If she can get a student who understands all the material and clothing terms while being great at customer service, why would she bother with either Naru or Nene?

Sorry that this is so long! If there are any other questions about management, I'd love to answer.

last edited at Sep 16, 2017 1:48PM

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

I have a hard time believing Naru's growth potential is lower than Nene's, given that she's very young and already talented. And her social skills aren't shown to be bad exactly either from what I'm seeing, just average. [cut for space]

It's more or less just decided from what little we know about their education. While someone (Umiko) has outright stated that Nene has a high growth curve, we don't know about Naru. She's been studying for a long time, now has excellent skills, but how long did it take her? How many classes, teachers, programs, etc. resources did she have? That kind of information we don't know.
@ Social Skills, you're right. Looking back, Naru isn't lacking in social skills so much as professionalism (presentation, and distinguishing personal affairs from the office). That's my mistake.
Naru/Nene/Momo were going to get the job no matter what. I mean, they actually have faces and detailed hair.

Nene being a college student shouldn't really cause a disparity, as Naru is still a student, too, just at a different kind of college. Unless the issue is not being able to work full-time.

The issue is basically commitment, yes. You want an employee you know can give it their all, and a student who may be weighed down by sudden assigments/final projects/tests can't provide what a student who can work full-time can.

5month after this guy told us he is quitting and I laugh alone at my boss bad call :)

Oh gosh, I sympathize with you so much. I've definitely made the mistake before of choosing someone who seemed better on paper over someone who I preferred in the interview. An MIT graduate with an amazing GPA, beautiful resume and the skills to back it up? Of course we'd pick him, even though his interview was memorable simply for how awkward and hasty he was. Fired in less than a year- in the second month, he chose to use his own algorithm (seriously, why did he do that? Why didn't he ask anyone to check his work? Who does this?) and messed up a good third of our calculations. By halfway through the year he wasn't making any friends, barely spoke to me besides mandatory meetings, never stayed for company dinners, parties, etc. The worst thing about having him as an employee was always telling myself that I picked him for a reason, that he has the skills to do good, but being disappointed every time. What a waste!

joined Jul 3, 2014

Nene is a bit more of a mixed case. Her generally bright and peppy attitude makes it hard to discern what really drives her to work at Eagle Jump. She's grown to like the company, but would she have ever come if not for Aoba? If Umiko didn't meet up with her over the period of her working on code, would she come back? Unlike Naru who we see is dedicated to one person who is dedicated to one place, Nene is a bit more all over the place. I wouldn't call her disloyal, but say that she gets an offer for a better company, a better pay, better bonuses, etc. Unlike Naru and Momo who came into the manga as a pair (and thus won't likely be separated), we can't say for certain Aoba and Umiko wouldn't tell Nene to go explore another company that could make her happier. We have no doubt she will stay with the company because this is a CGDCT manga, but irl she just doesn't have the same loyalty at face value as Naru.

Sorry that this is so long! If there are any other questions about management, I'd love to answer.

I can see the reasoning here but going by her interview chapter(51), everything that Nene did after the debug job "came from" Eagle Jump and her first thought was to work there again being impressed by the company. If anything i'd personally say Naru's motivation is in a shakier place, since it depends for a big part on a single person, whose motivation entirely depends on another one(so far, i feel like it will switch or downright change in the next volume).

Thanks for expanding, though.

last edited at Sep 16, 2017 2:20PM

joined May 23, 2015

but we pretty much knew Momo was getting the job

WE know that, sure, but can we be sure that the person actually assessing Naru and Nene knows it? We haven't been shown to what extent the higher-ups are involved, but going by how in both cases Umiko pronounced them renewed and hired on-the-spot, it would appear that the decision was pretty much entirely left up to her. And Umiko herself does not really know much detail about how things are going over on the character team side.

Just found out about a manga for this... XD
Just love UmikoxNene >~<
Goodzz so i was right about Yagami's behavior in the anime.... Rin... T^T

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Looks like it's neck and neck between Doki and the anime. (ie. Today's ep covers up to ch62, which Doki just released)
Who will finish the arc first?

joined Mar 22, 2017

They instantly pop that out after saw a preview, to catch up anime. (Just my conclusion)
I think Doki will finish the arc first anyways. Well Mogu can tell that I guess.

Everything is set for the grand finale! The Last EP. Also the departure.... TT
Sadly even if they will make SS3 it's will take freaking ages! (at least 2 years if they not cover that by animating the spin-off which don't have enough material for complete 12 Episode)

Currently missing part: Ch36, Ch39UpperPart, Ch40, Ch52UpperPart and Ch63-64
Ch.63-64 is obviously in the final episode. So the rest is in OVA I guess. (That make sense cuz when pass valentine time will also pass 2 Feb which is her birthday so she can finally drink alcohol!!!!!!)

joined May 23, 2015

(I don't even watch the previews, and that chapter has been in the works since last week. There were just some schedule issues. Seriously, look at the timing of past releases and if anything this chapter's release has been slower than others.)

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 12:47PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just want to say, Evil Aoba is best Aoba

joined Mar 22, 2017

I just want to say, Evil Aoba is best Aoba

Also S Mode Hifumi is best Hifumi. (For me at least)
I still remember that cinnamon bun reference that made by one of us when hifumi scold yun. :)

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I like the anime choices like adding Hifumin here and the vast addition of facial expressions and scenes

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I think I know the reason why Kou leaves the company. She will make Half Life 3. It's for the greater good !

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I think I know the reason why Kou leaves the company. She will make Half Life 3. It's for the greater good !

Not in France she won't. It'll most likely be the Kirara equivalent of Ubisoft.

last edited at Sep 19, 2017 3:49PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Anybody reading the raws and can tell me if Kou is every going to come back? If she is gone I will say good bye to the manga.

Nicomaki%20profile
joined Aug 7, 2016

Anybody reading the raws and can tell me if Kou is every going to come back? If she is gone I will say good bye to the manga.

The manga is only a few chapters ahead of the published volumes, you're going to need to be patient to see what comes of this story arc.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

*sigh*

To reply you must either login or sign up.