Forum › Posts by Hulliganner

Hulliganner
joined Jul 3, 2014

See, I'm not surprised by this at all when I think of games like Persona 3 with the optional boss battles. With Rei being thrown into the story of a literal game, where the player does have these minigame battles with the various cast (the novel does a better job depicting that she has their movesets memorized from playing it so much). Anyways, back to Persona 3, the most powerful boss in the original game is Igor's assistant, (Charlotte, is her name, if I remember right?) and you have to completely go out of your way to battle her (dating her is way easier tbh) because 99% of the time, she's just there to help you and improve your Persona. and if you perform certain moves in the battle, it's an instant player-kill trigger on her part where she'll use a move that cannot be avoided. Rei clearly triggered Manaria's insta-kill move, as she immediately realized she was fucked.

Manaria's original purpose in the unaltered game is to keep a certain blonde at bay while Rei flirts with the princes. She's friendly and is an optional boss battle in the vein of Final Fantasy 8's Triple Triad, basically. She's just another character that has been pulled off script by Rei's choices, that's why she seems mismatched in this version of events.

Just to nitpck, she is called Elizabeth. For what i remember from the game she reacts how you say here if you hit her with Armageddon and do not get killing blow with it, so the fight mostly revolves around surviving and getting her low enough to the point where you can beat her with one Armageddon cast. If memory serves, she follows a set attack pattern and at some point of it she WILL use a skill that will kill you, forcing you to use another specific skill in response that voids all damage for the turn. And she can full-heal herself because why not lol.

Hulliganner
joined Jul 3, 2014

i still think nikaidou as yakuza family , she knows how to fight , her reaction to stop fast balls and stop stuff before they it the FeMC its just strange.

She received martial arts training among other things, she says so herself some chapters ago. So far there has been nothing that implicates Yakuza ties

Hulliganner
joined Jul 3, 2014

The casual sexism ruined the mood

Telling someone to wear clean underwear is sexist?

I'm guessing they mean the whole "women must care about their appearance and be ultra feminine at all times".

Yeah but even without being feminine, you change underwear more often than 2 or 3 days and you don't wear them inside out.

And you should cure your image regardless of gender, no?

Hulliganner
Image Comments 09 Feb 06:49
joined Jul 3, 2014
68527459_p0

Meh, i could live with that, i was actually fearing the author pulling an Amanchu out of nowhere lol

Hulliganner
Image Comments 09 Feb 05:36
joined Jul 3, 2014
68527459_p0

And pray tell, what did you hear?

Hulliganner
New Game discussion 16 Sep 14:18
joined Jul 3, 2014

Nene is a bit more of a mixed case. Her generally bright and peppy attitude makes it hard to discern what really drives her to work at Eagle Jump. She's grown to like the company, but would she have ever come if not for Aoba? If Umiko didn't meet up with her over the period of her working on code, would she come back? Unlike Naru who we see is dedicated to one person who is dedicated to one place, Nene is a bit more all over the place. I wouldn't call her disloyal, but say that she gets an offer for a better company, a better pay, better bonuses, etc. Unlike Naru and Momo who came into the manga as a pair (and thus won't likely be separated), we can't say for certain Aoba and Umiko wouldn't tell Nene to go explore another company that could make her happier. We have no doubt she will stay with the company because this is a CGDCT manga, but irl she just doesn't have the same loyalty at face value as Naru.

Sorry that this is so long! If there are any other questions about management, I'd love to answer.

I can see the reasoning here but going by her interview chapter(51), everything that Nene did after the debug job "came from" Eagle Jump and her first thought was to work there again being impressed by the company. If anything i'd personally say Naru's motivation is in a shakier place, since it depends for a big part on a single person, whose motivation entirely depends on another one(so far, i feel like it will switch or downright change in the next volume).

Thanks for expanding, though.

last edited at Sep 16, 2017 2:20PM

Hulliganner
New Game discussion 15 Sep 02:29
joined Jul 3, 2014

I'm actually intersted in the reasoning that went into the loyalties and the Neither choice, can you please expand a bit?

Hulliganner
New Game discussion 21 Jul 06:22
joined Jul 3, 2014

Bloody shit, do people really care about who design the visual apart from the director I guess?
I never really remember who design games apart from famous names. Bleh.

Yes i'm sure there are people like that, but that's just the tip of the iceberg. There is much more to this kind of decision than just that, try to think what this entails for those who worked on the game, the company and the players.