Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

joined Apr 27, 2017

Yeah.. this is not gonna turn out well, my money's on some kind of domestic abuse.

joined Feb 23, 2016

She pulled down her hair... Drama is coming...

Th
joined Aug 6, 2014

As expected. Hope this entertains.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Aaaah I have a bad feeling about this stuff... I bet Nika's actual crush is her bro or teacher or something like that -_-

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

What do you interpret of the end of chapter 2, and the bow removal? What do you think it signifies?

If I had to spin a just-so story, my guess would be:
--She either does something like compensated dating for reasons which are strong if you're in her shoes (poverty, abuse etc), OR She desperately loves a married man who is taking advantage of her and she is heading off to "see" him.
--Whoever saw her at a love hotel did see her, but the person with her was not her boyfriend.
--She has short and superficial relationships with boyfriends in an attempt to reach for some kind of normality and as camouflage; she does not tell them about any of this.
--She does not, in fact, have sex with any of her boyfriends, for various reasons revolving around being alienated from sex as a pleasurable thing, self-esteem issues and feeling distant from them

A050c715-12ad-47a0-a5a0-e1654299fd79-4759-000005257e7af72a
joined Dec 22, 2015

Is she really selling her body??..
I wonder

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 8:21PM

joined Jan 4, 2014

What do you interpret of the end of chapter 2, and the bow removal? What do you think it signifies?

--She either does something like compensated dating for reasons which are strong if you're in her shoes (poverty, abuse etc), OR She desperately loves a married man who is taking advantage of her and she is heading off to "see" him.
--Whoever saw her at a love hotel did see her, but the person with her was not her boyfriend.
--She has short and superficial relationships with boyfriends in an attempt to reach for some kind of normality and as camouflage; she does not tell them about any of this.
--She does not, in fact, have sex with any of her boyfriends, for various reasons revolving around being alienated from sex as a pleasurable thing, self-esteem issues and feeling distant from them

Or, similar to other stories (although I forget the names), she is going to a love hotel because she works there. At the reception. Because it belongs to her family. Queue about two hundred misunderstandings.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'll be honest I've never seen a yuri story where the girl works as staff at a love hotel.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Alternatively, she removes the bow because she wears it at school to look cute but it's actually kind of uncomfortable and can give her headaches if she keeps it on too long, and there are no plot implications whatsoever. :p
I know that's roughly how I feel about putting my hair back in a ponytail for semi-formal occasions.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

Doesn't Nikadou notice someone in the street before she takes off her bow? Maybe an older family man? If so, I'm guessing she may have had an affair with him and got burned. If not, I think it seems likely that she once dated or at least confessed to the person she loves and got rejected. And she used to wear her hair down, at least with/around that guy.

MC probably caught her crying after she got dumped/rejected (maybe on the phone); notice she was all prettied up and her hair was down. Since then I imagine she's been half-heartedly searching for a more "normal" love among her yearmates. Dating MC is a deviation from that routine, maybe because she's intrigued by someone whose love also isn't "normal". I foresee drama but am optimistic Nikadou will get slowly come to love MC.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Oh nooooo, please give MC a happy ending, she's so cute and innocent.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

damn, this is Batman Level deep and dark lmao

Capture
joined Mar 12, 2014

still too little information to reach any conclusion about where their relationship is going to go. Sometimes authors are more interesting in telling a dramatic story than an actual enjoyable one. Sometimes characters become devices. I hope this won't be one of those stories, but with Nika's tone shifting at the end of this chapter, I'm quite ready for some heavy drama to come. Now I'll wait and see if it's gonna feel forced.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Cover page of Act. 3

Blackness
joined Jul 7, 2017

^ Good one.

0823dd54564e9258b20f89bf9b82d158ccbf4ea3
joined Jul 20, 2017

I wonder if someone has noticed this, but Philia means friend's relationship while eros means lover's relationship (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Four_Loves). I wonder what the relationship between this two would be in the coming final chapter. I can't wait to read it!

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

I hope this works out

joined Jun 12, 2015
Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Act 3 Raw

It's gotta be her brother/cousin

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Act 3 Raw

It's gotta be her brother/cousin

This is manga, that changes nothing.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I said that I didn't want to read this that much before, but now that I see it again I want to see what happend .-.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

I said that I didn't want to read this that much before, but now that I see it again I want to see what happend .-.

I planned to tl it, but seeing how fast I work cough Nutmeg cough, I was kinda glad someone else picked it up, but now it really feels like they left you guys hanging

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

DR2 Hajime Hinata posted:

I planned to tl it, but seeing how fast I work cough Nutmeg cough, I was kinda glad someone else picked it up, but now it really feels like they left you guys hanging

meh it's fine, it looks like it would've taken a turn for worse, even though I do like the angsty stuffs

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow. What a fail. I was sure it was the cotton candy thread xD. Well I still did think of translating this one too, but now I feel stupid x3.

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Sylph Scanlation is looking for translator. You could help them with this series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.