Forum › A Certain Marriage discussion

joined Jul 18, 2015

This story is all over the place. Can't say I enjoy it.

Since we're on the subject: where do you think Husky and Medley went to get married? I know they just said they were still together in college (about 3 years later) but the narrator girl did mention marriage at the end of her account.

Ooooh. Now I need to re-read Husky and Medley.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

there was an error in pg 43 but it was fixed https://yuriproject.net/certain-marriage-ch03

joined Apr 1, 2017

I can already taste the salt from this chapter

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Must be hard caring what people think.
Life taught me to ignore that anxiety.
People have their own problems, they don't make judging you their mission.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The good old Octave method of coping with your homosexuality...

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Lol.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Must be hard caring what people think.
Life taught me to ignore that anxiety.
People have their own problems, they don't make judging you their mission.

To be fair, if she has a bigoted boss and she's worried about getting a work visa, she might not have a choice when it comes to caring.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

Ugh u made me remember =_=

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

I like this story. It has an interesting, distinct atmosphere. I hope it cheers up a little, though.

joined Mar 15, 2017

It's several chapters of misery in the middle before cheering up for the last few.

The mangaka writes in the afterword about her editor suggesting doing something set in LA as the mangaka is resident there, and about same sex marriage, that having been still a fairly recent legal victory at the time.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Never date someone if you don't reciprocated feeling.

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

More like an UN-certain marriage.

joined Feb 18, 2015

It appears, from the black surround, that the mixer where she slept with the guy was in the past. Do we know if she told Anna about it? That seems an important detail... She seriously should, even if it could blow up everything. Hiding the fact that she cheated, and that she's uncertain about whether she CAN fully commit to her, is just plain wrong at this point. (Especially since she seems to have come to the US to be with her. I really can't quite understand that logic...)

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Ugh u made me remember =_=

Oh, I made myself sad.

joined Feb 8, 2016

I would hope the story gets better from here. The art is okay, not great, but many times a good story can make that a mute point. This storyline is all over the place, she follows Anna to America but after a hook-up in a mixer with a guy, Saki doesn't know if she can love Anna like Anna loves her, what is up with that? Is she an on/off codependent or just an idiot? Why isn't she talking with Anna about her troubles? She follows Anna to America, then cheats on her, is the hetero sex before she's with Anna, too difficult to follow. Love the Octave reference! This manga makes me want to throw my tablet out of the window!

To reply you must either login or sign up.