Forum › Heart of the Girl discussion

joined May 24, 2014

What an odd game

The only winning move is to not play, but they don't have a choice do they?

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Didn't recognize this as a Tamamusi work until I saw the author name. Love Tamamusi work, looking forward to the next chapters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's impressive how much sense this didn't make.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I was just about the say the same. I had high hopes for a Tamamusi work too.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

...Would this make sense if I was more familiar with smartphone games?

It is like Pokemon Go, but using real people instead of fake creatures and a geographical location.

joined Apr 15, 2013

From what I gather, the alien phone game is about getting pretty girls to fall in love with you. The girls have some sort of rarity system ranking them somehow, perhaps by difficulty or desirability. It seems like the game gives you options to "attack" the girls in an attempt to capture their hearts.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I have to agree with Nez, this is next-level weirdness. I'd suggest the What the fuck am I reading? tag, but I think it's a bit early for that. Has anyone seen the scans for the next few chapters?

While I was reading it, it reminded me of another series that marketed itself as a much anticipated 'yuri harem battle manga', but turned out to be fairly lame with a clone of the Honey and Mustard characters(and only 3 or 4 chapters were translated).

This has potential for a better implementation of the same basic theme. Something whose name I might actually remember.

joined Feb 21, 2017

The rarity rating of people kinda reminds of that creepy peeple app.

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

That was really weird, but it's from one of my favourite authors, so I'm curious to see where it goes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I get the concept more or less, but the execution is all over the place. Guess I just have to accept the previously unthinkable: Tamamusi made something I can't really get into.

While I was reading it, it reminded me of another series that marketed itself as a much anticipated 'yuri harem battle manga', but turned out to be fairly lame with a clone of the Honey and Mustard characters(and only 3 or 4 chapters were translated).

This has potential for a better implementation of the same basic theme. Something whose name I might actually remember.

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/b_g_m_r_s_p is what it reminds me of; a more interesting version of B.G.M.R.S.P.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

Oh man this was confusing at first but once I got the general idea; building your harem in the form of a care collecting game? Sign me the fck up Tamamusi! The execution might've been conveyed better within, say an anime format. With all the jingles and sound effects to mimic a real mobage. I hope N girls such as Moto-chan are able to go through upgrades and reach R level, she really does have potential!

Edit: *card not care

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 1:55AM

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

It doesn't make sense because it's just the first chapter. The game is explained later on, so if you would just have an ounce of patience, maybe you'd actually not sound as asshole as you do now.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hm i think the story would have benefitted from being in normal manga format instead of a 4koma format. This chapter was a bit all over the place and hard to follow. The game is pretty sleazy too since it involves real people. Well I'll see how it all turns out.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Aw, the game actually gets explained? I was excited for the potential of a yuri calvinball mobage

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 1:29AM

11143587_983945991615710_6019435042284427906_n
joined Jan 29, 2015

Tamamusi? * Subscribed * * Favorited *

This must be the Tamamusi ver. of pokemon Go

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 1:09AM

joined Aug 10, 2016

So, uh, the plot revolves around a game that rates people and has you collect them like objects, using their feelings as stepping stones for getting further in the game. And it's got the added bonus of there being an alien race that sociopathically does this by treating our planet the same way the alien in Predator treats it, and seems to attach a monetary value or something to it. Since this is Tamamusi I'm going for the benefit of the doubt, but so far this has the framework of a cringe filled seasonal harem anime.

Hope I'm wrong. I really really hope I'm wrong. Tamamusi don't make my faith collapse.

Arg
joined Jan 17, 2014

So, the alien girl goes after human girls to get some kind of point system out of their love and money?
should this be tagged gay for pay?
it kind of is.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

^That's true. If it was written with a male protagonist instead of a female one it'd easily turn into another one of those romcom anime with cookie-cutter type execution despite having a unique plot :/ but let's believe in Tamamusi. Hopefully she's meta enough about how the tropes work and pull an Ejima Eri on them. I mean look at Mononoke Sharing, it got shat on quite a tad in the beginning but it turned out alright in the end

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

I dont know how I feel about this... dont let me down Tamamusi D:

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 2:06AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

This's kind of a bit confusing,but I won't judge a book by its chapter 1 yet.

joined Oct 13, 2014

i have NO idea whats goin on

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 14, "if that so" - "if that's so" or "if so"

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 2:54AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.