Forum › The Secret Recipe discussion

Yurinsijdisjdijs
joined Oct 15, 2011

Finally.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

aww i don't think it was getting dull, and girlfriends wasn't morinaga's only good stuff, the kisses sighs and w/e one was good too. mare was...different lol, but i still kinda liked it. secret police however, i hafta agree is pretty meh so far.

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

I'm in middle of the class and I want to yell OHAOHHHHHOO out loud

last edited at Mar 11, 2014 5:59AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What Bakatsuki needs to do right now is seriously cook something actually good for Prez's sake. I've spent this whole series wanting to see her stop panicking and overreacting, and just get down to winning the girl of her dreams.

last edited at Mar 11, 2014 10:19AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm in the middle of work and almost milked the giant cow

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

I... didn't need to know that...

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Me... too

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

Is the president playing dumb? Or is that just her true nature?

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Is the president playing dumb? Or is that just her true nature?

Well, seems to be her true nature. I wouldn't call it dumb, I'd call it clueless if anything. I think she's starting to have some feelings for Wakatsuki but is convinced that she likes someone else. I don't think the possibility of Wakatsuki liking her has even remotely entered her head.

If you've read other things by Morinaga, you'll notice they often do feature girls who are very clueless to feelings aimed at them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you've read other things by Morinaga, you'll notice they often do feature girls who are very clueless to feelings aimed at them.

I can totally identify with this. I'm exactly that sort of person when it comes to pre-relationship uncertainty.

joined Apr 1, 2013

awsum.. me wantsssss more

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

"Milking The Giant Cow" is a term that refers to the practice of holding your hands skyward (or merely gesticulating wildly) to show emotion. May be accompanied by a Skyward Scream.

I don't know what were you thinking but it must have been amusing

Elmo
joined Jan 23, 2014

This is so cute! Can't wait 'til both of them finally see eye to eye but for now this will do. Now get moving, Wakatsuki!! XD

Sakuratrick
joined Apr 9, 2013

ahh!!! the feelings are mutual now and president's feelings seems to be coming out now!!
can't wait for the next chapter :D

Sakuratrick
joined Apr 9, 2013

the cliff hanger......... whyyyy

Tumblr_n2xarzavhs1qze9qao1_1280
joined Apr 7, 2013

"Milking The Giant Cow" is a term that refers to the practice of holding your hands skyward (or merely gesticulating wildly) to show emotion. May be accompanied by a Skyward Scream.

I don't know what were you thinking but it must have been amusing

This is so funny (made me laugh so hard)

And so happy for the development of their love story!!

Policeeverybreathyoutakesingles
joined Oct 27, 2013

I'm not sure whether or not this deserves an angst tag... To me it seems kind of borderline and in the beginning it is brushed aside. Now, however, it seems like it is coming more into fruition as the President begins to realize her feelings while the other fails to suppress her own.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Nooooooooo!!!!
The confession wasn't direct enough!!!
She won't understand and we'll have more beating around the bush!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Good to know that I'm not the only one finding this going at a GLACIAL pace. And here I thought comics were the only ones with padding and decompressed plots -_-

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

This is getting frustrating, dammit (ノ`Д´)ノ
I hope someone slaps them across the face with the valentine's cake they plan to make next chapter, otherwise it'll take those two another 20 chapters to realize they're in love with each other.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

It feels a bit off... I know that there was a kiss last chapter and everything, but the way we get to know the President actually likes Wakatsuki feels a bit off, almost rushed (which is a ridiculous thought considering how slow things are). Maybe I got used to Morinaga's prior works: Both in "Even if we're not friends" and in "Girl Friends", we had Hitomi and Mari who we know from early on have a crush on their best friends, and Nana and Akko who first reject them due to shock; but as they think it over thoroughly, they realize they made a great mistake they wish to ammend. Here, an simple internal monologue on the corner of the page just let us know the feeling is mutual, even though none of them knows it yet...

Nooooooooo!!!!
The confession wasn't direct enough!!!
She won't understand and we'll have more beating around the bush!!!

Exactly. It's extremely frustrating.
Morinagaaaaaaa ! ! ! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

I love you guys.

last edited at Apr 21, 2014 12:05AM

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

She fell! I love you so much, Morinaga~

joined May 28, 2013

It feels a bit off... I know that there was a kiss last chapter and everything, but the way we get to know the President actually likes Wakatsuki feels a bit off, almost rushed (which is a ridiculous thought considering how slow things are).

Totally agree. It's a realllly slow paced manga, and out of no where she has feelings for Wakatsuki? xD When I read it, I had to re-read it a few times just to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Really? But for me, it looks like the president already got a feeling for Wakatsuki since the first chapter... she just hides it.
Offering her first kiss as part of her responsibility as the club president is like an obvious lie...

joined Nov 14, 2013

Can't wait for the next chapter...

To reply you must either login or sign up.