Forum › Anime season

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Dumb Girl is the best anime this seasons!!!!

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 12:30AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Centaur no Nayami. Rough animation, but a fairly decent adaptation, and seems to be playing up the yuri elements

Meanwhile, Princess Principal is really good. Not quite as amazing as Made in Abyss, but definitely one of the stronger premieres this season. No definite signs of yuri, but the OP and ED make it look like Ange and Princess's relationship will see some focus

last edited at Jul 9, 2017 9:06PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Princess Principal did not disappoint in terms of animation quality. That first ep was amazing to look at. Though I really wish they hadn't gone with the moe loli designs with that 19th century vintage setting. Still, really liked that first ep & hope this will go places.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Damn Kemono Friends is so horribly good.

The worst mobile game to adapt from turned out to have the best adaptation. God must be laughing

joined Mar 11, 2016

Can someone make me a gif of when Akagi catch Mikan from falling in "Action Heroin". Thanks.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Centaurs worries yuri!!!
centaur is the yUri show this seasons noT NTR!!!
also some incest......
no more yuri ntr!!

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Action Heroine, Princess Principal, and Battle Girl have been pretty good! Can't wait for Teekyu and New Game.

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

Kakegurui is hella fun. The second episode was even better than the first. Anime about gambling is such a rarity, gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

And I heard there might be yuri?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kakegurui is hella fun. The second episode was even better than the first. Anime about gambling is such a rarity, gotta enjoy it while it lasts.

I've been reading the manga since a while and technically, there's yuri, but it's a side couple, and more like a dom/sub relationship, like, an underling has decided to dedicate herself to her boss.

Also, the male MC (he's more a sidekick than a MC actually) has a very weak presence, so it's real easy to ship the female MC with other girls.

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 2:35PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Centaur's worries first episode was great. Really solid adaptation and they really amped the yuri. I like that they use the yuri side couple in opening. In general the series treats it as a normal thing, but it's great to see them being treat equally with other couples in opening.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Centaur's worries first episode was great. Really solid adaptation and they really amped the yuri. I like that they use the yuri side couple in opening. In general the series treats it as a normal thing, but it's great to see them being treat equally with other couples in opening.

Well, there's like, two yuri couples on the OP and one het couple.
And as far as I remember, that het couple are background characters in the manga that don't even have names. So I'm more suprised about them being there.

Oh yeah, there's also that het couple with unrequited love.

last edited at Jul 10, 2017 7:23PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I've been reading the manga since a while and technically, there's yuri, but it's a side couple, and more like a dom/sub relationship, like, an underling has decided to dedicate herself to her boss.

It's not like she doesn't reciprocate. The entire tower of doors arc is basically a convoluted love confession

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

It's not like she doesn't reciprocate. The entire tower of doors arc is basically a convoluted love confession

Nice

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Wow, you all weren't kidding about Centaur no Nayami ramping up the yuri... it literally began with a yuri kiss. I'm pretty sure they never actually hook up though (unless they do some time after Chapter 65), so hopefully the legit lesbians show up soon. I don't remember that blue-haired girl and her friend, but, based on the opening, it seems like they're the lesbian sidecouple? I think it was implied that the angel class president also had a girlfriend, but it doesn't seem like her girlfriend showed up in the opening song like the other sidecouple. Dang, I really don't remember anything from the manga... I wonder if I should reread it to prepare for the anime or just watch the anime.

Also, Nozomi's VA also voiced Tooru! Wow! I knew she sounded familiar, but I had no idea she played Tooru too! It seems like she has a knack for playing monster girl lesbians (I don't think Nozomi is, but, well, close enough)

Also, "serious discrimination would be unlikely," haha, if only.

Edit: So, it seems like the first episode adapted the first and second chapters and skipped Chapter 0. I wonder if they'll ever go back to that in the future? I can't remember what chapter that biology lesson is from though.

Edit 2: I want to recommend this to my anime-watching friends so bad, but I know that they'll judge me for it :(. If I'm remembering the manga correctly, it was actually pretty tame compared to most other anime, but that random panty shot and the random swimsuit shots in the opening are NOT HELPING YOUR CASE, CENTAUR NO NAYAMI. I think their skimpy outfits during that RPG scene are at least justifiable since they were clearly parodies of skimpy RPG outfits, but the swimsuit shots are more difficult to justify... Had the same problem with Kobayashi too; if only Lucoa had been cut or toned down...

last edited at Jul 11, 2017 2:17PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

so hopefully the legit lesbians show up soon. I don't remember that blue-haired girl and her friend, but, based on the opening, it seems like they're the lesbian sidecouple? I think it was implied that the angel class president also had a girlfriend, but it doesn't seem like her girlfriend showed up in the opening song like the other sidecouple. Dang, I really don't remember anything from the manga... I wonder if I should reread it to prepare for the anime or just watch the anime.

the Girl who gives them the outfits for the play and the one accompanying her with the tiny horn on her forehead are legit lesbian couple I think i saw the bit of the (early) kissing chapter in the PVs, so we will probably see the couple kiss,

the angel girl iirc, has someone who likes her (another angel girl which appears later) don't think they are a couple (yet(?)) its been a while since I've read it..

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Loving the crazy facial expressions in Kakegurui

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Centaur no Nayami is very yuri-lific. Even more so than the manga. I approve!!

On the relationship there are actually more shipable gay couples than straight ones in the translated manga actually (if i count right, 5 vs 3). Only one of them is confirmed to be outrightly lesbians though. However some unrequited love come very close

There is the lesbian side couple (1). We have Hime and Nozomi (2). Hime and her rival/kouhai who has a crush on her (who is totally gay, my gaydar say)(3). Nozomi's cousin and her friend (4). The president and her childhood friend (5). You kinda can count Shino and her elementary friend in as well, but they are really too young. (6)

On the straight couples, I think there is only the mermaid and that cat guy (1). The angel and devil in the OP (2). And one certain very brocon sister (you know who) (3)

On a side note, I know Kanna of Maid Dragon got all the praise for this year best loli. But I think the triplets gonna be serious contenders

last edited at Jul 12, 2017 4:48AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

On a side note, I know Kanna of Maid Dragon got all the praise for this year best loli. But I think the triplets gonna be serious contenders

Shino is the best ♥

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

And one certain very brocon sister (you know who) (3)

Are you talking about Kyoko? That was just a joke to embarrass her brother in front of his friends.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

Shino is the best ♥

Individually maybe. But Chi-chan has the x3 factors. That is hard to beat

And one certain very brocon sister (you know who) (3)

Are you talking about Kyoko? That was just a joke to embarrass her brother in front of his friends.

Other than that chapter, there is a couple sign here and there. With her always favoring her older brother (as her father put it). And how they share a cake and spend Christmas together

last edited at Jul 12, 2017 11:21AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Other than that chapter, there is a couple sign here and there. With her always favoring her older brother (as her father put it). And how they share a cake and spend Christmas together

God forbid family spent time together at Christmas and share a cake. They must be making babies.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

risingstar3110 posted:

risingstar3110 posted:

Shino is the best ♥

Well to me she is few times more adorable than them. I could read a entire spin off just about her. In fact I like to re-read the 2 biggest chapters with her from time to time.

last edited at Jul 12, 2017 12:51PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

risingstar3110 posted:

risingstar3110 posted:

Shino is the best ♥

Well to me she is few times more adorable than them. I could read a entire spin off just about her. In fact I like to re-read the 2 biggest chapters with her from time to time.

Have to agree to disagree then.

My reason is: I like Shino too, but it was her interaction with Hime or that other kid that counted. Chi-chan meanswhile is literally the three balls of joyful fur that interact well with whatever around their zones

last edited at Jul 12, 2017 2:11PM

joined Jan 21, 2015

Action Heroine Cheer Fruits episode 2 had a really gay scene. I actually thought it was a character's hallucination at first. The show itself is fun, even if you don't care for tokusatsu shows.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Anyone who went through the Kakegurui manga know of its been followed closely? Only part I read was vol6 for the yuri. Think that volume might get animated?

To reply you must either login or sign up.