Forum › Anime season

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Someone decided that VRAINS is not moving slow enough, so they made a recap episode
I hate this world

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ohoho, thank you for finally convincing me to watch this thing. Amazon has it though, so... I guess I'll have to resort to shadier methods to watch it. You know, I think this is the most anime I've ever watched simultaneously (if you're curious, I'm currently watching New Game!!, Centaur no Nayami, Kakegurui, and perhaps this thing).

Also, I can only hope that 3Hz continues its trend of surprising us with surprise yuri. Truly, the surprise of surprise yuri is the best surprise of all that unsurprisingly surpasses all other kinds of allegedly surprising surprises.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Cannibal
That looks really promising, I'll check it out.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

"The love affair of just the two of us"

Isn't "Futari dake no Abanchuuru <3" supposed to be "The adventure of just the 2 of us <3"? It still sounds wildly gay either way, though less explicit.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Isn't "Futari dake no Abanchuuru <3" supposed to be "The adventure of just the 2 of us <3"? It still sounds wildly gay either way, though less explicit.

from what i was told:
アバンチュール
(n) amorous adventure; love affair

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

https://i.redd.it/34w2hycegoez.jpg

So Princess Principal is officially yuri, right? Looks like Studio 3Hz is going for a repeat of FliFla with the surprise yuri. If you are not watching it yet I highly recommend it.

I was hoping for something like this! Even without yuri it is a great show... but yuri will make it even better!

last edited at Aug 10, 2017 9:43AM by Nezchan

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

from what i was told:
アバンチュール
(n) amorous adventure; love affair

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up!
All these magazine poster & spread have been rlly gay so far, so I hope the show will be more explicit about it soon.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Don't need that poster to realise that Princess Principal is kinda gay. And when I say 'kinda gay', I means they probably already in established relationship, and is fighting hard to get others to accept their relationship.

( Imaging their bedroom role-playing though. "It's my turn to be the spy Ange now" take off wig )

... as long as they don't pull Bury Your Gays on us

last edited at Aug 10, 2017 10:28AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I watched the first two episodes of Princess Principal and there's no question it's very subtexty between Princess and Ange. But I think it will stay at this level. You know, Class S.

But even if there's no romance, the setting is quite interesting. I always had a soft spot for Steampunk.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

After New Game ep 5... I kinda want to have more Hifumi x Yun

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Princess Principal really couldn't hold back the gay even when the episode didn't involve Ange or Princess.

Symphogear episode 6 finally got fansubbed and didn't want to get outgayed by PriPri. Example: "All I want is her love, her skin on mine." Not to forget when Hibiki was told that the noise was heading for the school and all she could think about was Miku. Hopefully this flag means that there might actually be some on screen progress between these two now that everyone knows that symphogears are literally connected to the user through their love.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Princess Principal really couldn't hold back the gay even when the episode didn't involve Ange or Princess.

Symphogear episode 6 finally got fansubbed and didn't want to get outgayed by PriPri. Example: "All I want is her love, her skin on mine." Not to forget when Hibiki was told that the noise was heading for the school and all she could think about was Miku. Hopefully this flag means that there might actually be some on screen progress between these two now that everyone knows that symphogears are literally connected to the user through their love.

If you think thats gay, watch the next ep. I now fully believe they got married in secret

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

dammit i need to catch up in watching anime and sympogear because ive been slacking these past 2 weeks.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I feel like they were talking not about a romantic one in that scene.
Probably why the princess calls Ange Charolotte even though that's her name?
Little theory:
maybe they switched places? Like Ange is really the princess? They do have the same/similar hair colours and that could explain it. I dunno but I think too many clues are pointing in that direction for me...

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

If this ends up true (and I wouldn't be surprised, considering how Flip Flappers bombed), I expect this thread to explode in an inferno.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Little theory:
maybe they switched places? Like Ange is really the princess? They do have the same/similar hair colours and that could explain it. I dunno but I think too many clues are pointing in that direction for me...

It was confirmed that they switched places as children in episode 2. The note black lizard gives princess calls herself Charlotte and Princess Ange.

I don't know what else they could be referring to when they use the term "our relationship". When princess suggests that they start acting like friends in front of everyone Ange says that she wouldn't be able to hold back.

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 2:53AM

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Has the staff said anything regarding Yuri though? As I said, going that route seems risky after Flip Flappers failed...

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Has the staff said anything regarding Yuri though? As I said, going that route seems risky after Flip Flappers failed...

Nothing straight from the staff, there rarely ever is while a show is currently airing, but the poster that has the two with the words "love affair/amorous adventure" seems to highly suggest something beyond friendship.

I dont know why you are under the impression that flip flappers failed. There was some early estimates that the studio wouldnt make its money back but the fact that its getting a dub suggests that it sold enough to garner interest from western markets. And besides the sales, it did get good reviews from the people who actually watched it so maybe it was thought to be more of a marketing issue than anything with the actual content of the show.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Little theory:

It was confirmed that they switched places as children in episode 2. The note black lizard gives princess calls herself Charlotte and Princess Ange.

Fuck I guess that went over my head the first time.

I don't know what else they could be referring to when they use the term "our relationship". When princess suggests that they start acting like friends in front of everyone Ange says that she wouldn't be able to hold back.

That could mean a few things I think. Perhaps lovers or even enemies? Maybe they're planning something we don't expect... Maybe they're double agents or something crazy. (Probably not but it would be kind of entertaining)

last edited at Aug 18, 2017 5:48AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That could mean a few things I think. Perhaps lovers or even enemies? Maybe they're planning something we don't expect... Maybe they're double agents or something crazy. (Probably not but it would be kind of entertaining)

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they are not enemies. We know that their plan is to take over the kingdom by making Princess queen so that they can take down the wall and unify the country again. Ange at first wanted them to run away together to a white house out in the country, but Princess wants to allow everyone who has loved ones separated by the wall to be together again. And this is what we know from their conversations with just the two of them, I don't expect that they are planning anything different unless they are lying to each other.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

That's not how anime industry works, though. It's pretty rare for a studio to run away from a genre because one show fails, since most shows fail. The majority of anime shows in every season flops in bd sales. They can still get money otherwise, but usually the studio don't lose that much money because the money comes from the committee. It could happen with the guys who have the money stop investing in a genre, but that's also rare, since they know almost nothing about anime. Also, the problem the japanese audience had with FliFla was clear since the first episode, and it wasn't the yuri. In fact, it's more likely that the studio will look at how yuri subtext is present in successful shows like Love Live and Madoka, rather than looking at their own shows.
Pretty much everything this studio made flopped, but they never changed their style because of that, since that's the industry's reality. Princess Principal is their first small success, in fact.

Most staff don't talk about things like "my show is yuri", either. FliFla's director did, but he was the exception. Izetta's staff didn't, and it was clear that was what they were aiming for. Izetta's seiyuu did it, though but that's common for seiyuus.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Interesting insight! What was the problem, BTW?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

First episodes had a lot of japanese complaining on Twitter: "what a going on?", "please explain".
The obscure plot probably made a lot of people drop it. Maybe it would be a more successful show years ago, when EVA and FLCL were success.

09_lapis_lazuline
joined Aug 12, 2017

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, highly artistic and obscure narratives tend to ward off people.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

First episodes had a lot of japanese complaining on Twitter: "what a going on?", "please explain".
The obscure plot probably made a lot of people drop it. Maybe it would be a more successful show years ago, when EVA and FLCL were success.

Even FLCL wasn't that much of a success seeing as how it needs western publishers to fund its new season.

To reply you must either login or sign up.