Forum › The One I Love discussion

Salamandrake
joined Sep 11, 2014

I was so used to having stories like this dragged on a bit that I was genuinely surprised that it's over in 2 chapters. This was a nice change.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Nice kissing scenes there at the end. I dig it.

joined Dec 19, 2016

Yeah, I figured Saeki was going to be her fake girlfriend.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

Good conclusion, I'm glad the drama got solved in only two chapters.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

what the hell, is this real life where people talk to each other properly? The story feels pretty much completed though, i wonder what more could there be, it is tagged as ongoing.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

That was surprisingly easy.

joined Dec 19, 2016

what the hell, is this real life where people talk to each other properly? The story feels pretty much completed though, i wonder what more could there be, it is tagged as ongoing.

I always see people say that when pertaining to drama with a story that has misunderstandings, well you do know that if all these characters were to just "talk it out" then most stories would be boring as hell. This is not real life. Stop trying to apply your real life logic to fiction.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

From what we've seen, and since there's more, I'm predicting that Saeki likes Nao and was taking advantage of her.

But this just leaves an unpleasant feeling after reading. The lie Nao told feels strange and out-of-place. Perhaps with more backstory about her relationship with Tsubaki it will make more sense.

joined Apr 27, 2017

That Kondou guy was the real MVP if you think about it.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Pretty sure Saeki has actually a thing for Nao and played the fake girlfriend in the hope of becoming the real one. Her attitude can't be explained otherwise.

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

man this was all kinda pointless, the girlfriend I thought was super cool is a fake, then MC does this stupid thing of waa waa she wont ever like me, oh she does like me! wow ok I'll just TURN HER DOWN only to turn around 5 mins later and be like OK actually lets go out

I feel like this is finished with though haha, they managed to wrap up a heck of a lot in one chapter. It would be strange if it kept going, they didnt need to rush so many things here otherwise

I do like that they talked though. More from long-haired girl though than the MC, as at least she made some sense hahaha

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 2:27AM

joined Sep 2, 2015

Round of applause to a short, sweet well executed end to a story(I think?).

joined Feb 23, 2016

I'll stick around for the extra stories :D it was short, but a good read :)

joined Jul 11, 2015

i'm glad i started reading this when the ch 2 came out.. so i wont be "left hanging" by this "love triangle" tag xD

Jeezzz%202
joined Jan 11, 2017

is there going to be chapter 3? Man this is really good. Frustrating in the beginning (relatable frustration) but with a really sweet ending. I like how it didn't prolong my agony with the love triangle.

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

that conflict went by faster than the speed of light

joined Jan 31, 2013

Those eyes at the end hit the yandere line just a little bit.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I always see people say that when pertaining to drama with a story that has misunderstandings, well you do know that if all these characters were to just "talk it out" then most stories would be boring as hell. This is not real life. Stop trying to apply your real life logic to fiction.

Generally I agree, but I feel like it should at least be properly established why the characters in question are not simply hashing their problems out. If they have the means and ample opportunity to solve their differences, prolonging the misunderstanding can get tiresome. Drama is great, but forced drama is boring.

Now as for this particular story, the development was surprisingly fast indeed!

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 10:13AM

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

...I think that person meant that he/she was surprised (in a good way) the characters talked it out properly like most ppl in real life would, as opposed to what they normally would have done in manga/fiction.

Rather than applying his/her real life logic to fiction like you said, the story already did that and he/she was making a joke that this manga was realistic in that aspect ("is this real life where people talk to each other properly?"). Just a misunderstanding but it makes more sense to read the comment this way because the manga clearly worked out without excessive miscommunication, avoidance, etc.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the thing I'm most surprised by is that fake-girlfriend-san's reaction to them actually getting together wasn't shown. Typically in a story like this, the good friend who helps the MC out would be revealed to actually have feelings, and regret having helped even if she doesn't say it.

Doesn't seem to be the case here, it was just an actual friend helping her with her problems.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

But I want it to fuck up first and get very dramatic..like they're gonna go separate ways and be bitter about it..then see each other again and be awkward..loooool jk effect of reading too much aaaaangst xD

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 8:45PM

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Was about to turn this down when i saw the "love triangle" tag, but glad i read it thru. Thank goodness for a happy ending! ^^

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

is there going to be chapter 3?

No. The second chapter came out in the very last issue of Hirari magazine.

Edit: Also, this was re-released in a collection by this author, called 妹ができました (Imouto ga dekimashita/I got myself a little sister), and there are only these two chapters there. It's completed.

last edited at Jul 3, 2017 5:44PM

Fb_img_1533401192825
joined Sep 9, 2016

OMG NEW CHAPTER. ITS BEEN YEARS. PLS KEEP GOING

Jeezzz%202
joined Jan 11, 2017

is there going to be chapter 3?

No. The second chapter came out in the very last issue of Hirari magazine.

Edit: Also, this was re-released in a collection by this author, called 妹ができました (Imouto ga dekimashita/I got myself a little sister), and there are only these two chapters there. It's completed.

awwww that is really sad. I want at least an extra or something.

To reply you must either login or sign up.