Forum › Lemonade discussion

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Yuri ? Where are you ?

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

There is apparently a time skip right before the end of the series, and that's where most of the yuri takes place.

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 1:26AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Edited for spoiler tagging. Discussion of raws/untranslated chapters should have it.

Anyway, the crush was pretty obvious as of last chapter. This was probably my favorite of the series so far, if only because it did away with silly drama and focused on a nice moment between friends. It also gave me a bit of respect for Youko, who hasn't really had a chance to shine otherwise.

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 1:33AM

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

The time skip isn't exactly a spoiler. At least not if you actually looked at the cover.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch01#2

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 2:21AM

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011
  • Nothing in 12 chapters out of 22. Even Girlfriends was faster and had a better yuri to whatever ratio.
  • Subtle stare in the last page of the last chapter. Still yuri.
969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Where is the angst? Where is the yuri?

I am suffering...

I am suffering...

Worry not, friend, I feel a great yuri storm approacheth.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The time skip isn't exactly a spoiler. At least not if you actually looked at the cover.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch01#2

Guess it wont be far into the future... If the cover is actually about the time skip

joined Apr 10, 2013

I am suffering...

Worry not, friend, I feel a great yuri storm approacheth.

For now then, I shall be waiting for that great storm. However, if your fortune-telling had been wrong I shall... put judgement on you.

Black... or White.

Music-note
joined Feb 28, 2014

I hope the yuri and is really good, maybe it'll make the rough ride worth it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, I've been avoiding the series for a bit, but watching the chat to see if things improved. Well, on a whim I decided to check chapter 13 just to see.

I really wish I hadn't. It's like this series delights in punching those who want to see yuri right in the face.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Honestly for me it hinges on whether they can make the relationship shift from friendship to romance and have it believable. Which I do not think they can do that well (from what I have been reading). I do not see where yuri can not mean unrequited which I feel works better in the story than them becoming lovers.

joined Sep 11, 2013

Maki's indifference is hurting me.... Why did she have to fall for a straight girl...? :CC

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Have I mentioned that I don't like Maki? Because I don't like Maki. Even if you leave aside possible yuri, that is not a good way to treat your friends.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Have I mentioned that I don't like Maki? Because I don't like Maki. Even if you leave aside possible yuri, that is not a good way to treat your friends.

compared to how Yokuo treated Maki just because she likes someone else. I am in the opposite camp TBH I would rather Maki be with someone else since Youko is so conflicted with herself.

joined Sep 9, 2013

Maki's indifference is hurting me.... Why did she have to fall for a straight girl...? :CC

indifference? Maki already like someone else and is not being half assed about it. Plus Youko has not even told her face to face that she like her. How could Maki even know when she is not being told?

I don't know why, but i feel the tears coming in on this chapter.

Kjraze
joined Mar 3, 2014

:( poor baby. She's going to get hurt real soon real fast.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

It's the day 13 of the expedition. We still didn't find any signs of yuri.
But we don't have lost hope yet. WIll keep marching ahead even if the supplies are running low.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I'm just seeing this it's gonna be a story of an one sided-love, and that makes me sad. That bastard is still calling Youko with that fucking nickname, on top of that Maki cries 'cause he said to her the thing Youko had been saying all the chapter.

I'm starting to lose hope.

last edited at Apr 3, 2014 10:07AM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

compared to how Yokuo treated Maki just because she likes someone else. I am in the opposite camp TBH I would rather Maki be with someone else since Youko is so conflicted with herself.

It wasn't so much because maki liked someone else as it was the fact that the person she liked and defended (by marginalizing Yukou) regularly picked on her. In my opinion, that's a pretty reasonable stance.

"That guy you like, who you're always hanging out with, is a complete jerk to me, pretty much whenever I see him. He's actually gotten other people to call me names and insult me."
"No, you're wrong, he's actually really nice. You just need to stop minding the way he treats you."
"Yeah... I'm going to stop hanging out with you as long as you're with him and/or constantly talking him up. I don't really like being around people who make me feel less like an individual person and more like a stand-in for my sister."

joined Aug 8, 2013

We still didn't find any signs of yuri.

Girl obviously crushing on her female best friend = no yuri. Uh huh. No, I don't care for your personal definition of the word.

joined Apr 10, 2013

Still though, these little angst are feeling my life meter up!

I need moar! I guess I'm going to browse through them angst and drama sections. sigh

joined Nov 30, 2011

It wasn't so much because maki liked someone else as it was the fact that the person she liked and defended (by marginalizing Yukou) regularly picked on her. In my opinion, that's a pretty reasonable stance.

"That guy you like, who you're always hanging out with, is a complete jerk to me, pretty much whenever I see him. He's actually gotten other people to call me names and insult me."
"No, you're wrong, he's actually really nice. You just need to stop minding the way he treats you."
"Yeah... I'm going to stop hanging out with you as long as you're with him and/or constantly talking him up. I don't really like being around people who make me feel less like an individual person and more like a stand-in for my sister."

x2. Maki was quite the jerk to Youko about that and was definitely twisting the knife. If anyone had to apologize it was definitely Maki that's why I thought Youko's talk with Keita was disappointing because I felt like she gave in to easily and botched the reason behind why she doesn't like him in the first place. But that is also why she seems to struggle in telling other people about why she hates him so much since he originally went looking for her because of her older sister. In my honest opinion their making up could have definitely gone a lot better. I was kinda hoping they would sorta go separate paths and some other character comes in to swoop Youko off her feet.

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

We still didn't find any signs of yuri.

Girl obviously crushing on her female best friend = no yuri. Uh huh. No, I don't care for your personal definition of the word.

It's a joke, doy. Not need to be a jerk.

To reply you must either login or sign up.