Mitsuki sure has a big crush on Haruka.... :'>

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

"Kiss my until my heart calms down"
I'm now in nirvana

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Swapped out /a/'s version of chapters 4 and 6 for Lazy Lily's recent releases - release date was changed to reflect that.

last edited at Feb 7, 2014 11:23AM

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Love this series. Just started watching the Anime, wanted to wait, but I caved. I already have way too many things I'm waiting for the next episode or chapter of... wish I had a way to keep track of it all :)

I love the supporting cast in this one. The 4 friends, they're great. And they are now my new wallpaper. If anyone is interested, I got a decent screen cap of the friends in their animal ears attire from the ending of the Anime :) I love it.

http://tinypic.com/r/zjb2hx/8

joined Nov 14, 2013

Has anyone seen episode 5 yet? At the end why is there a weed plant there lol

Wheels150
Payapaya Scans
joined Jan 28, 2013

It's a Japanese maple leaf. "Kaede" means "maple."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acer_palmatum

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Oh shuesag isjrkgerayg

Too moeness... The only reason why I'm resisting the anime is that it's too cute for me... Imagine, not watching it because it was too cute.... I actually watched the first episode though until 9 mins... I couldn't take the moe!

cries WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! help me!! I wanna watch!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yuu waiting for Haruka outside of the class xD
After class kiss was great!

Oh shuesag isjrkgerayg

Too moeness... The only reason why I'm resisting the anime is that it's too cute for me... Imagine, not watching it because it was too cute.... I actually watched the first episode though until 9 mins... I couldn't take the moe!

You won't survive if you attempt to watch the latest episode, saw the RAW earlier, my brain melted. I feel like I should delete my browser history after watching the anime...

Psmix_2016-03-11-23-34-17
joined Mar 3, 2013

It has updated!! !! HUZZAH!!

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

AW. Why don't you guys use "orange" for 蜜柑/みかん instead of a simple "mikan"??

Ah32
joined Mar 3, 2011

special feeling

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Omg, Yuzu and Kaede are hilarious! That report was just terrible. They didn't write down any of the subtext! Smh.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Yuu waiting for Haruka outside of the class xD
After class kiss was great!

Oh shuesag isjrkgerayg

You won't survive if you attempt to watch the latest episode, saw the RAW earlier, my brain melted. I feel like I should delete my browser history after watching the anime...

Yes... but but...
As it is Valentine's Day, I am going to watch it in one sitting. God bless my kokoro...

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Love this manga! (Though not as much as the anime- I still cant get over my disbelief every time I watch an episode, that it even got made- its got more kissing than every other yuri anime every made combined lol.

My only slight issue with the manga/anime is while they make out etc all the time and seem really into it and each other- there is no hint they see themselves as an actual couple who are dating / serious.

(And that they hide it from everyone even friends - some of whom they even saw kissing each other - is a bit annoying too).

Its like 'friends who love each other a lot and therefore we kiss' So even tho its amazing I'm hoping its acknowledged in terms of 'girlfriends', and being in love etc at some point.

last edited at Feb 15, 2014 6:12PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Love this manga! (Though not as much as the anime- I still cant get over my disbelief every time I watch an episode, that it even got made- its got more kissing than every other yuri anime every made combined lol.

My only slight issue with the manga/anime is while they make out etc all the time and seem really into it and each other- there is no hint they see themselves as an actual couple who are dating / serious. (And that they hide it from everyone even friends - some of whom they even saw kissing each other too).

'Its like friends who love each other a lot and therefore we kiss' So even tho its amazing I'm hoping its acknowledged in terms of 'girlfriends' at some point.

Ep6, Haruka does say "How wonderful would it be to live with your love" (romantic way ofc) before imagining herself living with Yuu and having a baby... I've read mangas where the word "love" nor "Like" is never mentioned... yet nobody seems to notice most of the time. Also part of the song in playing while they are kissing says "I just can't seem to say I love you" <-- I c wat u did ther. Although it's pretty easy to tell with the romance alone... But I do agree with you... But we might be over-thinkng things about an easy-going 4koma manga based anime

On the other hand, with the mature couple, Kotone does refer to Shizuku as "the girl I love" when chatting on the roof with her.

last edited at Feb 15, 2014 6:22PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

anyone know when the next translated chapter is coming out?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

My cavities are multiplying exponentially every episode. I have more cavities stored than teeth now. Episode 8 was just way too much. It's not just moe-up-the-butt, it's moe stuffed into every orifice until you're about to explode.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Ep8's romance was off the freaking chart, it almost killed me.

last edited at Feb 28, 2014 8:12AM

Draft_lens2158755module11381086photo_1221169011grand-moff-tarkin
joined May 31, 2013

My cavities are multiplying exponentially every episode. I have more cavities stored than teeth now. Episode 8 was just way too much. It's not just moe-up-the-butt, it's moe stuffed into every orifice until you're about to explode.

Surgeon General's Warning: Sakura Trick has been linked to a 1000% increase in tooth decay. Studies have indicated that Sakura Trick may also be linked to an increase in diabetes. It has been confirmed that Sakura Trick causes MoeOverdose, a light fluttery sensation in the heart, which can lead to serious mental health issues(i.e. yuri addiction) if left untreated. If you find yourself in a MoeOverdose situation immediately start viewing of something violent and/or depressing to lessen the effects of the MoeOverdose. There currently is no known cure. Treatments include watching more MoeOverdose inducing shows over increasing periods of time to ween you off the high. You have been warned, watch at your own risk.

joined Nov 11, 2010

You bet. If you ask me Sakura Trick probably couldn't even be called a SoL series so to me your "generic" comment is totally off-base and even non-sensical. As far as Yuu and Haruka's relationship goes, the emphasis and specificity of the scenes/stoytelling about them is so focused that it goes into straight up romance territory, not SoL. And if you can't get into the awesome emotional substance behind those scenes (particularly in a few of the later manga chapters after steady development, like some of the ones the anime has covered recently) I can only say you're missing out. Sakura Trick has more than exceeded my expectations in creating a yuri couple whose cuteness and romanticism competes with the very best of the best. I have seen plenty of "yuri" fans come out and talk like Sakura Trick is 'cheap' or somehow just empty fanservice but as far as actual yuri content goes, they couldn't be more wrong.

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

It's very easy to see why people think Sakura Tricks yuri is cheap, and that's because it is. The characters make out at the drop of a hat with no emotional build up. The story telling is beyond week and the only real relationship development is done with MacGuffins, e.g. Yuu's sister. She plays almost no roll in the story but if the diving force that make Haruka and Yuu progress their relationship. That is not good. Other than that the relationship holds the status quo. Haruka and Yuu are basically friends that make out because the kissing itself adds nothing to actually story or relationship. They go from just be normal friends to pseudo loves drastically fast with no clear cut reason past "the author wrote it that way."

All and all Sakura Trick is good for yuri if you're looking for nothing else. Of course it's probably pointless to say this here seeing as how this is raved as god greatest creation since sliced bread.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Strictly minimally, Sakura Trick is a 4koma comedy series about kissing. There is nothing definitively SoL about any of that.

At best, you could probably call the segments relating to Yuzu and Kaede SoL, because they follow the standard subtext/one-sided crush formula and are mostly reserved for comedy shenanigans. However, both Yuu x Haruka and Kotone x Shizuku segments are strictly romance, with the comedy even toned down on Kotone x Shizuku's side for a bit more drama.

You'll really have to point out for me where lighthearted yuri with actual relationship development/kissing is such a common occurrence. Even on Dynasty you'll be hard pressed to find similar series. Most long-running series which ever actually get somewhere will engage in at least a moderate helping of drama, or spend a long time on pre-relationship buildup before the couple ever actually gets together. The only really comparable series I can think of in tone to Sakura Trick is Fu-Fu, or Kase-san as sort of a far candidate given most of its scanlated material is still of the pre-dating stage.

It is pretty demeaning to call all of the yuri content in Sakura Trick "pandering" when there's no reason to suspect the mangaka of not being serious and the yuri is, in fact, the main point of the manga (not SoL). For one thing considering that Tachi got her start doing yuri K-On doujins there's no reason not to think she is a serious yuri mangaka. I also completely fail to see how anyone could come to the conclusion that the characters in Sakura Trick are lacking in emotional substance. Even in spite of the comedic tone or misunderstandings, it is absolutely clear beyond any question that Yuu and Haruka genuinely love each other, and this is growing by the day.

People will have their own tastes for things like comedy, but I maintain that any "yuri" fan who believes that the yuri in Sakura Trick is ungenuine or "just pandering" is spewing complete bullshit. It's a proper yuri series like any of the others out there.

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 4:26AM

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

Okay, see. Here's why despite how long your posts are nothing you say amounts to anything.

"pandering" when there's no reason to suspect the mangaka of not being serious

These two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. To pander means to provide a low quality goods to a crowd that will like them regardless of quality. The yuri can be as serious as is wants, that's not what makes it good or bad.

You'll really have to point out for me where lighthearted yuri with actual relationship development/kissing is such a common occurrence.

I don't think anyone said this, at least not without you putting words in my mouth. The storytelling, events, comedy ect, are all generic and done to death by many other series'. You thinking that the kissing and other aspects of the story can't be mutually exclusive kind of proves my point that. that's all you're judging the series on. Whether you're aware of it or not.

it is absolutely clear beyond any question that Yuu and Haruka genuinely love each other.

clearly in love != depth
You also completely ignored my point about Mitsuki being a MacGuffin, and how forced the only significant relationship development is.

I maintain that any "yuri" fan who doesn't believe that the yuri in Sakura Trick is ungenuine or "just pandering" is spewing complete bullshit and are shallow beyond comparison. It's yuri for the sake of yuri and has no qualities other than constant kissing that make it worth note.

Of course, this being said. There is no problem with people liking Sakura Trick, it's fine for what it is. Just don't delude yourself into thinking it's the work of art you praise it as.

last edited at Mar 1, 2014 5:26AM

Apple-logo-red
joined Feb 26, 2014

Mitsuki could very much not exist and the romance would progress through other means

You are absolutely right. It could have. But guess what? It didn't, after their first kiss the relationship barely progressed, at all. You do not judge something based on what could have been done, you judge it based on what happened. This is very simple.

Either way, many relationships in romance have a catalyst for it to progress, be it an event or another person.

Confirmed for not knowing what MacGuffin means either. Will you please just stop. You basically just said that I thought cause and effect was bad story telling, which would be ridiculously dumb. Being forced and having MacGuffins are not the same thing as "events happening."

masterpiece

Did I say perfect, or masterpiece. If they refuse to acknowledge the obvious faults in the series it means they are delusional about it. Which means they are praising it for incorrect reasons.

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

Flips , just stop getting pulled into it, you know where this ends.

To reply you must either login or sign up.