Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

**Anonymous__ **

I do understand Korean to some extent but not as good as you but when I know for sure one meaning of the sentence I can give you my opinion, but only if I'm sure about it, other things, its yours to decide :)

One thing though, I'll need Dictionary all time so it might take time and it will delay your work to be out so if you're ok with it, then its ok but if not, then you can keep working alone for your freedom :)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Every new chapter makes Sumin&Sungji ending more probable IMO. This one is a whole new level. Sumin might've been confused when she put Seju to bed but she turned all red-ish with Sungji. And she was the one who initiated the kiss in the bed.

I also think the next chapter isn't the last one. They're too short. The assassin is still MIA. I have completely no idea what TG is planning to do with all the stuff beside the triangle.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 12:02PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Anonymous__
Hello again, yes the official one for ch83 is a mess, yours made a better sense, let me give you an example: http://imgur.com/a/7JN9G

the official translation destroyed the impact greatly.. the translation was a mess. Yours kept the sense much better
also, you did better in the flirty line that Seju made.. and with the pretending sentense.
these are just exmaples.. but all in all, the whole official translation of ch83 is bad, unartistic and lost the orginal meaning!!
I can show you more examples if you would like.

However, I could never provide you with any Ko- Eng translation advices, all I can is making sure that the context is intact, and if there was a refrence to previous chapter, I might be able to detect it like the ch83. That's all I could do.

Edit: seriously!! did I pay to read a ridiculous meaningless line like the one I posted above!!! and what's "Team Manager" ! aboviously this official translator is not very familiar with this manhwa and his/her translation is so obscenely immature! the loss of tone and context is too severe to overlook

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 1:14PM

joined Jan 5, 2017

Anonymous__
Hello again, yes the official one for ch83 is a mess, yours made a better sense, let me give you an example: http://imgur.com/a/7JN9G

the official translation destroyed the impact greatly.. the translation was a mess. Yours kept the sense much better
also, you did better in the flirty line that Seju made.. and with the pretending sentense.
these are just exmaples.. but all in all, the whole official translation of ch83 is bad, unartistic and lost the orginal meaning!!
I can show you more examples if you would like.

However, I could never provide you with any Ko- Eng translation advices, all I can is making sure that the context is intact, and if there was a refrence to previous chapter, I might be able to detect it like the ch83. That's all I could do.

okay, I see. that's okay, you are smart so you can tell me if I get some things wrong. you have your strengths. Just keep posting what I'm getting wrong in this forum, hehe

Edit: seriously!! did I pay to read a ridiculous meaningless line like the one I posted above!!! and what's "Team Manager" ! aboviously this official translator is not very familiar with this manhwa and his/her translation is so obscenely immature! the loss of tone and context is too severe to overlook

... I.. I uh

I changed my word to team-manager.. and already finished translating...

...sorry.. but I think those words are quite interchangeable, if you can tell me why team-leader is more fitting, please tell me.

in any case there would only be one more chapter so please forgive me for this one and next one....

yoonie0104

**Anonymous__ **

I do understand Korean to some extent but not as good as you but when I know for sure one meaning of the sentence I can give you my opinion, but only if I'm sure about it, other things, its yours to decide :)

One thing though, I'll need Dictionary all time so it might take time and it will delay your work to be out so if you're ok with it, then its ok but if not, then you can keep working alone for your freedom :)

I need dictionary as well, even for words that seem easy...
I think it would be better if you just help me through checking any serious translation error you see here. thank you both, nora and yoonie.

and I'm sorry it took so long for translations to finish and come out

joined Feb 4, 2017

... I.. I uh
...sorry.. but I think those words are quite interchangeable, if you can tell me why team-leader is more fitting, please tell me.
in any case there would only be one more chapter so please forgive me for this one and next one....

Team leader is how the whole Manhwa went, changing titles right now showed me that the person did the official translation isn't familiar with it. my God, I wish I could show you all the mistakes in this particualr chapter from the official translator!! and it's a paid chapter !!!! btw, you had a better grasp of the tone & context in this one.

if you would like, I can send you my comments on private, just give me you contact details.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 1:40PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

I think Sungji is jealous, so she drank a lot. What were the significance of the flashback thoughts? Are we going to have lots of sex scene again next chapter basing from the last panel?

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:04PM

joined Jan 5, 2017

... I.. I uh

Team leader is how the whole Manhwa went, changing titles right now showed me that the person did the official translation isn't familiar with it. my God, I wish I could show you all the mistakes in this particualr chapter from the official translator!! and it's a paid chapter !!!! btw, you had a better grasp of the tone & context in this one.

if you would like, I can send you my comments on private, just give me you contact details.

I tried putting my email address here but it was registered as spam so I couldn't post it
I also tried putting in discord invite link but it was registered as spam as well

I don't know how else to leave contact details..

if you can use discord, add me as friend using my username and #4990 as code for the friend thingy

I won't accept other people adding me and will delete this after tomorrow

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Wow, the author of the translation is here?! Good to know! Amazing translation, thank you very much for your hard work every time the chapter comes out :)

The chapter was really funny. I don't think Sungji is drunk. Maybe tipsy. It was nice to see them saying "I love you" to each other without any interruptions. Can't wait to see the morning after :)

joined Mar 5, 2017

. It was nice to see them saying "I love you" to each other without any interruptions. Can't wait to see the morning after :)

I don't think sungji said "i love you". It was all sumin.

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl in fact, it was "I like you", I was discussing with yoonie what could happen if sex was the thing they would do XD

joined Mar 5, 2017

^
Really? It's not i love you? But am right to say, sungi didn't say it back because the second one, the speech bubble didn't point to sungji even though her whole face is on the panel.

I'm pretty sure it's sex. Kiss and touch, what could possibly be even better than that if it's not sex. As you've said before, sumin puts het emotions in bed. And Sungji, well, they're both horny. Hehehe

Will Seju hear them? I couldn't fathom her pain. I hope the alcohol knocked her out so she won't hear a thing.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:33PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl

Really? It's not i love you? But am right to say, sungi didn't say it back because the second one, the speech bubble didn't point to sungji even though her whole face is on the panel.

correct, even her mouth is closed

I'm pretty sure it's sex. Kiss and touch, what could possibly be even more better than that if it's not sex. As you've said before, sumin puts het emotions in bed. And Sungji, well, they're both horny. Hehehe

also correct heheh.. the thing is, there are two echoing words in Sungji's mind.. the question is, who said them to her ?

secondly, it's a night time.. someone could have a nice dream XD! I wonder if it's really going to happen.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:31PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

I'm not even sure who's mind was thinking of those words. Was it sungji?

joined Feb 4, 2017

I'm not even sure who's mind was thinking of those words. Was it sungji?

yes, she was the one to think about them.

also, there is a sharp gaze of Sungji as she holds Sumin.. was she really drunk ?

also: if sex is the thing, why did Sumin pull Sungji's shirt down!

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:42PM

joined Mar 28, 2017

I want Seju to see Sungi and Sumin have sex. I was hoping this chapter will escalate...something, but unfortunately the situation is still a deadlock. I am hoping in the next chapter, after watching Sumin and Sungi's intimate moment, seju silently leaves them, disappears and goes find meaning to her life. Sumin will face the reality of really losing seju. If Seju is her true love, she will go find her; otherwise stay will sungi. A few years later, seju may come back (with a hot chick of course) as a friend.

joined Mar 5, 2017

Yes. I dont think she was drunk. Maybe physically but her mind is still sharp and working.

also, there is a sharp gaze of Sungji as she holds Sumin.. was she really drunk ?

I noticed that too. And sumin sleep practically with only her undies or a tank top. But she's wearing the same shirt. But that conversation might make all the difference. Hehe

also: if sex is the thing, why did Sumin pull Sungji's shirt down!

joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl

have you noticed that we only see Seju drunk when a season's finale is approaching XD.. there was something going on during Sumin and Seju's converation.. I couldn't get what it is just yet.

joined Mar 5, 2017

^
Hahaha.. Really? Interesting! We can't really feel it's the end, because no matter how they squeeze the last chapter, it won't fit all. So maybe, it's a season finale.

I leave the deep analysis to you guys. :)
What is clear to me is sungji is jealous or disturbed with their obvious over familiarity with each other.

joined Feb 4, 2017

What is clear to me is sungji is jealous or disturbed with their obvious over familiarity with each other.

that's very true, even yoonie said this is the clearest thing.

it's just ch26,ch54 and now they all showed us a drunk Seju. I have a feeling that this Manhwa could end in 90 chapters.

joined Feb 4, 2017

anyways, this chapter does tackle many points that Foxy lady discussed just recently:

• Sumin barely ever saw a drunk Seju
  • Sungji has a misconception about Seju's violence "handed down by Nammi + ch55 Alcohol & Sumin's shirt button"
  • words that Sungji recalled have been said to her before.. but when/who ?

If you are interested in parallelism:

1. ch64 ( flashback: car talk ⬌ ch84 bed talk)
  2. and you may not want to miss the one between ch54 ⬌ ch84 as well.
  3. check ch8 as well.

Will next chapter contain sex?

• most probably no, regardless of the last bubble, sex would not happen one way or another and it could be because:
  1. Sumin already dropped the wine bottle to pull Sungji's shirt down.
  2. Sungji isn't really okay.. something is wrong.
  3. Seju is sleeping, but she might suffer again from PTSD.

In case something really happens, as I said, Sumin would bring her emotions to bed, it will be hard to hide them this time from the already jealous/alerted Sungji.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I was hoping that this would almost be over but i guess it's one of the flaws of melodramas, they tend to drag out to long. They've extended it before so i won't be surprised if they do it again.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Agh I hate Team Gaji for still making me like Sumin and Seju more.
Even though Sumin and Sungji have romantic and sincere moments now, the vibe I get from the Sumin and Seju feels more right. Sumin x Sungji is technically the healthier option, but it feels like something's missing.

Sungji's character has slightly but noticeably changed since Seju coming to the house and I admire how she is being the bigger person here to throw a party for the person her gf cheated her with, however.

I was hoping that this would almost be over but i guess it's one of the flaws of melodramas, they tend to drag out to long. They've extended it before so i won't be surprised if they do it again.

This chapter felt so unnecessary. Nothing helping the plot.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 6:39PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Agh I hate Team Gaji for still making me like Sumin and Seju more.

I find with the unofficial translations and what is analysed on here that it swings me towards Sumin and Seju but once i read the official version i go back to Sumin and Sungji. I feel like a grandfather clock.

This chapter felt so unnecessary. Nothing helping the plot.

I think at this stage it feels unnecessary but if they are planning on an extension it might not. If that makes sense?

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The way the story is now, it seems really strange if it ends next chapter. It seems quite possible they'll get some extended chapters too. But this feels like they're trying too much to get as much money as possible by adding unecessery chapters.
If they really cared only for the quality they would get to the point sooner. It's been a long ride already

joined Mar 21, 2017

The way the story is now, it seems really strange if it ends next chapter. It seems quite possible they'll get some extended chapters too. But this feels like they're trying too much to get as much money as possible by adding unecessery chapters.
If they really cared only for the quality they would get to the point sooner. It's been a long ride already

Ultimately i completely agree.

To reply you must either login or sign up.