Forum › Posts by hlama

joined Mar 28, 2017

Orange, mpgpeg, hlama? Huh, what, Norah? hahaha...

Yo lady, we didn't talk for months, and you suddenly mentioned me. What's up, baby?

last edited at Sep 6, 2017 1:54AM

joined Mar 28, 2017

OMG, 2015. Now I am completely convinced of momonosuke's time skip idea. Two-year break to bring us the the present 2017. Momo, you are the best. XD

joined Mar 28, 2017

Dammit.. my spelling suffers from multicollinearity XD
Okay, statistical joke XDDD

Nah, it is the distribution of your vocabularies.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 21:45
joined Mar 28, 2017

hlama

I actually had to pay like $20 to find my top 5 "strengths" from the Clifton StrengthsFinder website for the college I'm in now. They used it to put us in groups for the entire program.

You may have been scammed hahaha.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 21:37
joined Mar 28, 2017

It's so the lizard people can control you better.

You know what, this can be true. My last company sent us to an all day personality/strength training/discovery program. Instead of assigning us letters like Myers & Briggs, they assigned us colors! Red, green, blue or hub/combo lol. We gotta see all of our coworkers' colors and were given color tags with descriptions of how we operated to put on our desks. There was rumor that certain company fired all of their employees of certain color. Wonder if workplace discrimination laws protect people against that. I guess these personalities/strength thing can be used against you as well.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 21:03
joined Mar 28, 2017

I don't know. I don't even know what it was supposed to achieve lol. It told me I was a logician (I wonder if it changes with age?), I mean sure I value rationality more than feeling, but then so what? I feel like it is only useful if you know all 16 personalities very well and you know other people's personalities as well, then you can use the information to your advantage.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 20:52
joined Mar 28, 2017

Eh, the 16 personalities thingy... it brings me back to high school, they actually made us take those tests to help our "self-understanding". Don't remember paying for it though. 50$ is a lot for a personality test.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 01:57
joined Mar 28, 2017

It is funny that immediate families and relatives perceived success as being married and gave importance on having children.

Typical in Asian family.

For me, arranged marriage is one of the biggest mistakes of our ancestors. It degrades love and tramples dignity.

I discussed this with a few of my Indian guy friends awhile back. Their view of arranged marriage was quite positive. Their point was modern arranged marriage was very much like dating agency, except the match was chosen by their parents, and both families got to participate in the "courtship". Both guy, gal and their relatives would meet and choose if they wanted to proceed. The end result was both families would be socioeconomically matched, couple and relatives would be pleased with the appearance and temperament of their mates.

Sounds almost too good to be true, but this is "modern" arranged marriage, and it is the men's perspective. Haven't had a chance to hear from their ladies yet...

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 26 Jul 00:11
joined Mar 28, 2017

In what aspects did you change?

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jul 23:46
joined Mar 28, 2017

Ah, that's what the 89 means. I am one year younger than you, Nora. My mindset has not changed much since my 20 years old self though. More mature ladies (and gentlemen), do you change as you age?

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jul 01:44
joined Mar 28, 2017

It was complete composite of last night/day's discussion/argument/fight. Nora deserves the release hahaha. True Evil, make her spasm!

Nah...I am not the one she needs...
Anyway it's getting late. I wish everyone a nice day (morning, afternoon, evening, night etc). Keep calm and stay sassy :3

Enjoy your naughty dream. Good night :3

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 25 Jul 00:44
joined Mar 28, 2017

It was complete composite of last night/day's discussion/argument/fight. Nora deserves the release hahaha. True Evil, make her spasm!

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 17:57
joined Mar 28, 2017

This forum can take some weird turns sometimes....

time zones.. elongate the nights furter ~

Wow, must be tough. Hope you girls don't die from exhaustion.

This is how me and Nora always talk. Nothing new

Good to see you two get along so well. Friendship is a beautiful thing.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 17:22
joined Mar 28, 2017

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 06:32
joined Mar 28, 2017

Thiaguinho-sama, I believe in equality. I also respect people's way of life. If they are content, I won't invade their countries to shove equality down their throats. A popular excuse of imperialism is to enlighten the ignorance. I am against that.

hlama
Hear hear XDDDD
What we were arguing about may be two different chapters but they're from the same book :) (not a completely different book from a completely different library XDDD)

The shit head that edited the book needs to be slapped!

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 06:24
joined Mar 28, 2017

Thiaguinho-sama, I believe in equality. I also respect people's way of life. If they are content, I won't invade their countries to shove equality down their throats. A popular excuse of imperialism is to enlighten the ignorance. I am against that.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 06:02
joined Mar 28, 2017

Thiaguinho-sama, you had made an assumption that your perspective is the fact. I don't think I can reason you out of it. All I can say is it is a dangerous thing to do, and don't be a villager. Lol.

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 6:03AM

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 05:24
joined Mar 28, 2017

Thiaguinho-sama, you missed my point. I never said the villagers' action was right, I said it was "their version of the right thing". When people are conditioned into believing something is right, it is very hard to reason against it. Why is the religion example relevant? Because I can give Christian hundreds of proofs to discredit the Bible, but they won't budge. Rights are beliefs, not facts. Like the freedom to bear arm is an American belief, it is not a fact.

I don't know about the second point. I can tell you a 5 years old know a lot less than me, but he seems care free and happier. Is his happiness false? I am an advocate for knowledge, but I also think that knowing more does not necessarily make you happy, it can work the opposite.

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 5:43AM

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 04:26
joined Mar 28, 2017

Thiaguinho-sama, take a deep breathe, no need to get angry lol.

There are some truth to what Foxy said. Illusion of harmony, what is illusion to you and me may be the truth to others. In the context of the movie Esoteric cited, the villagers believe in that "illusions" which is their version of "the right thing". It is like me telling Christian Jesus is not real... you see my point?

If you think you are happy, you don't necessarily suffer. People can't crave what they do not know existed, so ignorance is a bliss to them.

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 4:31AM

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 03:07
joined Mar 28, 2017

I guess I'm against just accepting the status quo just because it makes everyone else happy?

Haha then I guess the question is, if everyone is happy what is the problem? XDDD

I realised that i said the wrong thing lol. I mean the illusion of happiness.

Because under that illusion people are suffering.

I'm not very articulate sorry.

Basing from these statements, one can't say with finality that the absence of suffering makes one happy, i.e., under reversed argument. In so doing, the illusion of happiness doesn't guarantee as well that people are suffering under baselining the definition of illusion, happiness and suffering.

This reminds me of a scene in Brave New World. Sometimes ignorance is a bliss.

Before Bernard could answer, the lift came to a standstill.
"Roof!" called a creaking voice.
The liftman was a small simian creature, dressed in the black tunic of an Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron.
"Roof!"
He flung open the gates. The warm glory of afternoon sunlight made him start and blink his eyes. "Oh, roof!" he repeated in a voice of rapture. He was as though suddenly and joyfully awakened from a dark annihilating stupor. "Roof!"
He smiled up with a kind of doggily expectant adoration into the faces of his passengers. Talking and laughing together, they stepped out into the light. The liftman looked after them.
"Roof?" he said once more, questioningly.
Then a bell rang, and from the ceiling of the lift a loud speaker began, very softly and yet very imperiously, to issue its commands.
"Go down," it said, "go down. Floor Eighteen. Go down, go down. Floor Eighteen. Go down, go …"
The liftman slammed the gates, touched a button and instantly dropped back into the droning twilight of the well, the twilight of his own habitual stupor.

last edited at Jul 24, 2017 3:08AM

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 24 Jul 00:25
joined Mar 28, 2017

Ever watched Hot Fuzz?

I have not. I had a brief look at the synopsis and I don't quite see the relevance. If you can elaborate that will be helpful.

Basically, the villagers are killing off anyone who they think will affect the good reputation of the village. You can think of the good reputation as the greater good or harmony. What would you do if you disagree with the majority?

To your point of if an idea is worth dying for and if people are prepared to do certain things. This is a fascinating topic. Why would some German risk their life to shelter Jews during WW2? Why would a random man stand in front of a moving tank during Tiananmen Square protest? No one is ever ready to do those things... My theory is they do it because the thought of the regret of staying out is far greater than the preceded consequence of their action. I guess if you don't think you will regret it, then stay out of it for a chance of longer life.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jul 23:32
joined Mar 28, 2017

Also at whose cost, and how do you know if it is enough if you don't do it? The first penguin usually dies, we still need that first penguin to inspire the rest.

Some penguins may just want to sunbathe in the sun and enjoy the ice before global warming melts everything XD

Those penguins better know how to photosynthesize then XD.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jul 23:29
joined Mar 28, 2017

I'm just against the mindset of the "The greater good"

What do you mean?

Ever watched Hot Fuzz?

Hahaha. Good movie.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jul 23:19
joined Mar 28, 2017

I think people at different parts of the world already do. At what cost and whether it is enough to effect a real change is a different story

Also at whose cost, and how do you know if it is enough if you don't do it? The first penguin usually dies, we still need that first penguin to inspire the rest.

hlama
WDTFS fans - off topic 23 Jul 18:29
joined Mar 28, 2017

and btw.. it's not like any community or staying in my closet ever stopped me from doing my favorite things in life XDDD.. just my family/and people in there don't need to know my favorite finger food XD

I know it is hard. I know people who have been disowned by their family because they come out. Don't take what I said personal. I am directing it at an idea not at you. Hug.