Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Can we stop calling a teenage girl a slut now?

Yes, thank you, and thanks @everyone not doing this shit

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

literally who gives a shit if a girl has a lot of boyfriends. it's 2017 she can do what she wants she's literally harming nobody.

i relate a lot to hoshigawa. ive had a couple of crushes in high school that other people would call sluts just because they dated around and i myself have been called a boy-crazy slut just for having a lot of male friends (im lesbian so that insult isnt even remotely applicable). like i said, it's 2017. the notion that having a lot of romantic partners is a bad quality in a woman stems from the regressive, outdated, misogynistic idea that non-virgin women are tainted, and yet slut-shaming is still really common. there's nothing wrong with sleeping around, even if a girl had a different boyfriend every fucking night there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. people need to stop caring so much about what goes on in other people's bedrooms and let a girl live her goddamn life.

Oh come on, if someone is sleeping with someone new every single night then that's just not healthy, mentally or physically and doesn't bode well for future relationships. I mean it's one thing to tell someone not to date around or have sex before marriage but going to the other extreme and saying that going orgy crazy every day is is perfectly healthy is not any better. Live your life the way you want to live it, no one should have the ability to force you to do otherwise, but don't act like it should be perfectly acceptable and free of judgement. A lot of people live unhealthy life styles and they are happy about it, doesn't mean that they can't be judged or told that their life style is unhealthy as long as it is done in a reasonable fashion. People can be slutty, fat, unhygienic, arrogant, ignorant, drug addicted, or just a slob in general if they want to but it's also fine for others to point that out.

In regards to this manga, if this girl is sleeping around it most likely means that there is something wrong with her or her home environment. She probably has some kind of trouble in her life that made her think that sex is all that is needed for love and doesn't understand why she keeps getting dumped. The guys are probably just dating her because she just gives it away and dumps her because they see no more use for her. If she stopped sleeping around and maybe stayed single for a while then she might be able to figure out what she is doing wrong.

joined Feb 18, 2015

bodevanlot posted:

the drawing reminds me of the old Morinaga somehow

I agree that the drawing style is reminiscent of old Morinaga.

Really? Looks more like Morishima to me.

I got their names mixed up ...!! In fact, maybe I thought they were the same person more than once.

I just looked at some of them to compare. (I was comparing from memory earlier) and, frankly, there are aspects of both. If you look at "The Secret Recipe" (Morinaga) and "The Conditions for Paradise" (Morishima), you can see similarities in the facial structures for this artist in both. (Especially the "surprised looks" and the black haired girl. She's the one that reminded me the most of Morinaga's work I think...) On average though, this artist may be better at portraying subtle facial expressions. Then again, this is a more serious manga and not a comedy like those two...

literally who gives a shit if a girl has a lot of boyfriends. it's 2017 she can do what she wants she's literally harming nobody.

i relate a lot to hoshigawa. ive had a couple of crushes in high school that other people would call sluts just because they dated around and i myself have been called a boy-crazy slut just for having a lot of male friends (im lesbian so that insult isnt even remotely applicable). like i said, it's 2017. the notion that having a lot of romantic partners is a bad quality in a woman stems from the regressive, outdated, misogynistic idea that non-virgin women are tainted, and yet slut-shaming is still really common. there's nothing wrong with sleeping around, even if a girl had a different boyfriend every fucking night there wouldn't be anything wrong with that. people need to stop caring so much about what goes on in other people's bedrooms and let a girl live her goddamn life.

Oh come on, if someone is sleeping with someone new every single night then that's just not healthy, mentally or physically and doesn't bode well for future relationships. I mean it's one thing to tell someone not to date around or have sex before marriage but going to the other extreme and saying that going orgy crazy every day is is perfectly healthy is not any better. Live your life the way you want to live it, no one should have the ability to force you to do otherwise, but don't act like it should be perfectly acceptable and free of judgement. A lot of people live unhealthy life styles and they are happy about it, doesn't mean that they can't be judged or told that their life style is unhealthy as long as it is done in a reasonable fashion. People can be slutty, fat, unhygienic, arrogant, ignorant, drug addicted, or just a slob in general if they want to but it's also fine for others to point that out.

In regards to this manga, if this girl is sleeping around it most likely means that there is something wrong with her or her home environment. She probably has some kind of trouble in her life that made her think that sex is all that is needed for love and doesn't understand why she keeps getting dumped. The guys are probably just dating her because she just gives it away and dumps her because they see no more use for her. If she stopped sleeping around and maybe stayed single for a while then she might be able to figure out what she is doing wrong.

There is also the possibility that she is getting dumped because she is NOT putting out and she has this bad reputation for sleeping around with a bunch of different guys and telling her boyfriends she wants to wait to have sex and having them dump her because they were only interested in her because they heard she was easy? You never know...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Cannibal posted:

What actually suggests she just sleeps around though? The first chapter only addresses the possibility that she might have slept with one of her boyfriends. The entire rest of that part was conjecture on the part of those gossiping about her. You all are making snap judgments here based on very little information.

last edited at May 31, 2017 3:02PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Can't we ignore the one who slut-shamed instead ? If it had to be moderated, Nez would have done something. It's rather annoying to see this kind of debates on every single post where someone uses the word slut; especially when it's an extreme minority among Dynasty users.

This excursus closed, I quite liked the start, it seems promising, and given the author, there shouldn't be too much drama or angst.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

That's why I said IF, it's only the first chapter so that's all I have to go from. Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

last edited at Jun 1, 2017 12:27PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

Lolwut.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cannibal posted:

That's why I said IF, it's only the first chapter so that's all I have to go from. Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

Yea, because MC didn't see her all depressed after break up or something. There was no hint she is actually deeper character than she looks.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Also, anyone that kisses at the confession isn't going to keep her panties locked shut on the first date.

Lolwut.

I'm insinuating that someone who makes out with the person who just asked them out is the type of person who will put out on the first date.

Yea, because MC didn't see her all depressed after break up or something. There was no hint she is actually deeper character than she looks.

Every thing we are told and shown in the first chapter hints that she is a slutty character. If she is more than that then we shall see.

last edited at Jun 2, 2017 8:32AM

joined Aug 16, 2014

Lolwut.

I'm insinuating that someone who makes out with the person who just asked them out is the type of person who will put out on the first date.

I know what you wrote, what baffles me is how you arrived at that conclusion in the first place. Or that you arrived at it at all, actually. You either have a lot more experience than me to reach that conclusion, since my experiences don't support your statement, or you're speaking from your own bias on the matter.
And also it remains in the open if keeping your panties on on the first date is a bad or a good thing.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Cannibal posted:

Every thing we are told and shown in the first chapter hints that she is a slutty character. If she is more than that then we shall see.

Except it actually doesn't? One character said they'd seen her at a love hotel with one of her boyfriends. That not only could turn out to have been wrong to begin with but it also doesn't even suggest she definitely slept with him. For all we know he could have taken her there and she freaked out and left before doing anything. You all are jumping to some really shitty conclusions here.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I know what you wrote, what baffles me is how you arrived at that conclusion in the first place. Or that you arrived at it at all, actually. You either have a lot more experience than me to reach that conclusion, since my experiences don't support your statement, or you're speaking from your own bias on the matter.
And also it remains in the open if keeping your panties on on the first date is a bad or a good thing.

Really? Every person I have ever seen just make out with people they just met on the dance floor tend to be the ones hooking up in the bathroom later that night. It's really not that long of a stretch to assume someone who kisses right after being asked out is the type of person who will have sex on the first date. And no, I didn't say that putting out on the first date is bad, it's just slutty.

Except it actually doesn't? One character said they'd seen her at a love hotel with one of her boyfriends. That not only could turn out to have been wrong to begin with but it also doesn't even suggest she definitely slept with him. For all we know he could have taken her there and she freaked out and left before doing anything. You all are jumping to some really shitty conclusions here.

I'm not jumping to a shitty conclusion, it's literally all we are told. She has a lot of boyfriends, she has been seen going in/coming out of love hotels, and she makes out with the MC at the first sign of affection. All that we are told and shown in chapter 1 could be a red herring and she actually isn't a slut, but we haven't been shown otherwise yet. Everything we are told and shown shows that the girl does sleep around, until it says the opposite why would I assume otherwise?

joined Aug 16, 2014

Really? Every person I have ever seen just make out with people they just met on the dance floor tend to be the ones hooking up in the bathroom later that night. It's really not that long of a stretch to assume someone who kisses right after being asked out is the type of person who will have sex on the first date. And no, I didn't say that putting out on the first date is bad, it's just slutty.

Yes, really. So far, the % of girls that I made out with when I've confessed/was confessed (or before) is close to 100%. No panties hit the floor on the first date. I feel cheated.

Everything we are told and shown shows that the girl does sleep around, until it says the opposite why would I assume otherwise?

You mean random characters off-handedly gossip that she was in a love hotel. Once. That hardly qualifies as sleeping around. We're shown however, she's heartbroken over something, and her kissing MC. Neither of the two are signs that someone sleeps around, as far as I know.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

none posted:

You mean random characters off-handedly gossip that she was in a love hotel. Once. That hardly qualifies as sleeping around. We're shown however, she's heartbroken over something, and her kissing MC. Neither of the two are signs that someone sleeps around, as far as I know.

Yeah, this is exactly my point. All of that love hotel stuff was literally just gossip so it's a shitty conclusion to jump to that she's a slut.

joined Aug 16, 2014

none posted:

Yeah, this is exactly my point. All of that love hotel stuff was literally just gossip so it's a shitty conclusion to jump to that she's a slut.

Even assuming it's truth, it's still calling someone a slut for the impressive known bedpost tally of... 1.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Even if it was 100, so what if the reason was because she was convinced that's what a girl is supposed to do? In the words of the master:

joined Aug 16, 2014

Even if it was 100, so what if the reason was because she was convinced that's what a girl is supposed to do? In the words of the master:

(http://storage6.static.itmages.com/i/17/0603/h_1496461473_6018113_70758a8e3c.png)

My bad, I expressed myself poorly there. I didn't intend my words to be a comentary on a supposedly acceptable or not number of intimate relationships. I don't really care about it either way. I shall indulge in prolonged self-flagelation in the morning as repentance.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Cannibal posted:

Really? Every person I have ever seen just make out with people they just met on the dance floor tend to be the ones hooking up in the bathroom later that night.

Did you stalk all of them to be so sure?

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 10:01AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Here is where this discussion is leading :

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I know that this is only the first chapter, but this was pretty boring to read. The whole "Girl who's had to many boyfriends goes through yet another break up and her close friend has a crush on her" premise could be in a One-shot. I don't really see this as worth reading.

Apparently 2 people calling Nika a slut means everyone is calling her a slut.

YuriCannibal
joined Apr 6, 2015

I still don't get why everyone is in a tizzy just because two people pointed out that the girl is a slut. Dates lots of guys(fact), sleeps with guys after a short time of dating(gossip), kisses at the first sign of affection(fact). She's a slut, if you think being a slut is fine then so be it. Being a slut can be a part of her character too and can lead to future drama, so why try to deny it?

It's also funny you link Angelic girl considering The girlfriend was only thought of having dated only one guy and was actually "pure" anyways. Then the girl who tells her she is obsessed with purity finds out that her own girlfriend slept around she calls her a slut.

last edited at Jun 3, 2017 8:53PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

YuriCannibal posted:

I still don't get why everyone is in a tizzy just because two people pointed out that the girl is a slut. Dates lots of guys(fact), sleeps with guys after a short time of dating(gossip), kisses at the first sign of affection(fact). She's a slut, if you think being a slut is fine then so be it. Being a slut can be a part of her character too and can lead to future drama, so why try to deny it?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/slut

A sexually promiscuous woman or girl.

This is the primary definition of the word "slut". As you so kindly just pointed out the only thing that suggests she might be is purely gossip. Either way though the issue is that people are jumping to conclusions and trying to unfairly judge her. The question of whether she sleeps around or not is pretty much irrelevant from my point of view. My entire point is simply not to judge people so quickly.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

This is the primary definition of the word "slut". As you so kindly just pointed out the only thing that suggests she might be is purely gossip. Either way though the issue is that people are jumping to conclusions and trying to unfairly judge her. The question of whether she sleeps around or not is pretty much irrelevant from my point of view. My entire point is simply not to judge people so quickly.

It's a manga, they are not real people. All we will ever know about them is what we are shown and told in the piece of media and what we have been shown and told is that she is a sexually promiscuous girl. Until we are told otherwise why would I not assume that we are being told the truth? She dates lots of people, is seen leaving love hotels, and kisses at the first sign of affection. Why shouldn't I judge this character based on what I have seen and been told?

Again, I might be wrong, but until I see evidence that shows me I'm wrong then why should I assume it? It's not like there has never been a yuri manga where one of the girls was a slut.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Cannibal posted:

Again, I might be wrong, but until I see evidence that shows me I'm wrong then why should I assume it? It's not like there has never been a yuri manga where one of the girls was a slut.

Because it makes you look like an asshole. You are literally judging someone the first chance you get based off of unfounded rumors. If look at other stories you'll even find that stories that start off like this are more likely to turn out that the rumors were just that, rumors. It's more likely she hasn't actually done anything with any of them. So no matter how you look at this your assumptions are idiotic.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Let's not get too personal with this, folks. Take a few deep breaths before hitting that post button.

To reply you must either login or sign up.