Forum › Alice Quartet discussion

Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Omg, I love this! Huh, no ones starting about this yet?
I like Yuuki's works the best...

and I think I'm like Fuumi in term of pace in handle things.
-- Or in other word, love to slack off?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

The art is amazing! Specially on character's clothing, ofc.

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Hmm, I've read other works by Fujieda Miyabi. The author gives off an innocent appeal. But I didn't too much care for this piece. I found that I had to force myself to finish reading it, hoping I would get more interested in it. It took me a week to finish these 8 chapters, however I finished Chatting at the Amber Tea House in one sitting. I'm not a big fan of yuri subtext. Maybe that's what it is about this piece. Even though they didn't kiss in Tea House, it was obvious the two main characters (the names escape me right now as I've read so many yuri mangas) became a couple. I do think Yuuki and her style was boyish sexy.

Avater2
joined May 16, 2011

This particular work by Fujieda Miyabi is actually very minimal on any kind of yuri, whether blatant or subtext, as it was one of his first official works. in my opinion, Alice Quartet is more a pure slice of life series, much like Aria, Amanchu and Tamayura, where if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see some yuri in it, but the main reason is simply to enjoy the atmosphere and ambiance of the world. I loved it personally, and it is my favourite work by Fujieda Miyabi, just like how I loved the aforementioned pieces I mentioned, but this is because I inherently have a love for slice-of-life works rather than because I could see the yuri vibes and ship the characters in any way.

Hence, I'd like to advise that anyone coming into this piece looking for yuri should be aware that more likely than not, they're going to come away disappointed, especially if you dislike the slow-moving slice of life genre.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 2:49AM

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

This particular work by Fujieda Miyabi is actually very small on any kind of yuri, whether blatant or subtext, as it was one of his first official works. in my opinion, Alice Quartet is more a slice of life series, much like Aria, Amanchu and Tamayura, where if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see some yuri in it, but the main reason is simply to enjoy the atmosphere of the world. I loved it personally, and it is my favourite work by Fujieda Miyabi, just like how I loved the aforementioned pieces I mentioned, but this is because I inherently have a love for slice-of-life works rather than because I could see the yuri vibes and ship the characters in any way.

Hence, I'd like to advise that anyone coming into this piece looking for yuri should be aware that more likely than not, they're going to come away disappointed, especially if you dislike the slow-moving slice of life genre.

I'm just curious about the reason you even especially registered an account to type such long paragraphs telling something nearly - or, most likely - everyone here knows.

Avater2
joined May 16, 2011

This particular work by Fujieda Miyabi is actually very small on any kind of yuri, whether blatant or subtext, as it was one of his first official works. in my opinion, Alice Quartet is more a slice of life series, much like Aria, Amanchu and Tamayura, where if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see some yuri in it, but the main reason is simply to enjoy the atmosphere of the world. I loved it personally, and it is my favourite work by Fujieda Miyabi, just like how I loved the aforementioned pieces I mentioned, but this is because I inherently have a love for slice-of-life works rather than because I could see the yuri vibes and ship the characters in any way.

I'm just curious about the reason you even especially registered an account to type such long paragraphs telling something nearly - or, most likely - everyone here knows.

As you can see by the date, I didn't just create an account to type that up, and while it's probably very obvious to most people, just like the above poster (which I admit was quite a while ago) there are people who mistakenly come in after reading other works by Fujieda Miyabi and were expecting strong yuri vibes.

On top of that, I have been wanting to be more involved with the community after the yuri section of Hongfire died out, and now is as good a time as any.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 3:02AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Welcome my friend!

And yeah, I never thought of that interpretation for this series. I actually found it boring.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Glad I actually got around to reading this since Chatting At the Amber Teahouse always reminded me I should but with the kinda aimless way it goes about, 7 chapters seems far far too short. Actually the fact that someone wrote a manga that's pretty much purely a slice of life manga and got me not only caught up in it but wanting a lot more is fairly impressive to me. I'm really not a fan of aimless slice of life stuff.

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

I think I like more Chatting at Amber Tea House and the Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantation than this. It is good but it is not the series that I want to read all over again compare the two that I have mentioned which I read a couple of times.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I have a quick question on the first page of the first chapter it says original work by Moonphase, manga by Fujieda Miyabi Fujieda and Minamoto Hisanari. Also it says its long awaited debut as a comic.
I thought this must mean it's a light novel adaptation so I looked around a little bit. On Baka-Updates it says that this manga is adapted from the Marble Color Chapter in Chatting in the Amber Teahouse but I don't think that matches up. The only other site that had a lot of intel about this series was wikipedia, but the article is only aviable in japanese and italian.
I don't want anybody to dig around for me but if somebody knows about the original work I would be delighted to hear about it.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I have a quick question on the first page of the first chapter it says original work by Moonphase, manga by Fujieda Miyabi Fujieda and Minamoto Hisanari. Also it says its long awaited debut as a comic.
I thought this must mean it's a light novel adaptation so I looked around a little bit. On Baka-Updates it says that this manga is adapted from the Marble Color Chapter in Chatting in the Amber Teahouse but I don't think that matches up. The only other site that had a lot of intel about this series was wikipedia, but the article is only aviable in japanese and italian.
I don't want anybody to dig around for me but if somebody knows about the original work I would be delighted to hear about it.

I recommend you to check this MAL club :D https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=38881 Below Informations & Curiosities section there are A LOT of great info of Fujieda Miyabi universum :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I really should re-read this little gem. It's a lot less overtly yuri than other works, but it's sweet and fun and that's fine.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My impression is that this manga was created primarily to give Fujieda and Minamoto an excuse to draw as many pretty dresses as they could come up with and cram into a single manga volume. :D

Also, when I read the extra chapter, I couldn't shake off the feeling of an art shift: it's like they've gotten a new artist to draw it, whose style is different from both Fujieda and Minamoto's. If anything, it kind of reminds me of Kouji Hasegawa (the lead artist on Toraha and the early Nanoha installments), to the point where Suika is a dead ringer for the young Nanoha, and Makino looks a lot like Fate in many pages.

Eqdbyreu8aaiibl
joined Oct 4, 2017

I loves this, but 8 chapters is too fews. TOT

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019
  • "I would be so sad if no one comes"
  • "Well then just work hard so twice as many people come next year"

... yeah I see a small problem with that approach :P

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/alice_quartet_ch00#4

THIS manga series should have a non-binary tag as TOWADA YUUKI is non-binary.

To reply you must either login or sign up.