Forum › Posts by skarlath

skarlath
Murcielago discussion 20 Jun 23:55
Avater2
joined May 16, 2011

Why do half of the pages seem pixelated as hell?

You need to click the resize button in order for it to not be pixelated. I think there's some issue with either the compression of the images when uploaded to dynasty.

skarlath
Avater2
joined May 16, 2011

This particular work by Fujieda Miyabi is actually very small on any kind of yuri, whether blatant or subtext, as it was one of his first official works. in my opinion, Alice Quartet is more a slice of life series, much like Aria, Amanchu and Tamayura, where if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see some yuri in it, but the main reason is simply to enjoy the atmosphere of the world. I loved it personally, and it is my favourite work by Fujieda Miyabi, just like how I loved the aforementioned pieces I mentioned, but this is because I inherently have a love for slice-of-life works rather than because I could see the yuri vibes and ship the characters in any way.

Hence, I'd like to advise that anyone coming into this piece looking for yuri should be aware that more likely than not, they're going to come away disappointed, especially if you dislike the slow-moving slice of life genre.

I'm just curious about the reason you even especially registered an account to type such long paragraphs telling something nearly - or, most likely - everyone here knows.

As you can see by the date, I didn't just create an account to type that up, and while it's probably very obvious to most people, just like the above poster (which I admit was quite a while ago) there are people who mistakenly come in after reading other works by Fujieda Miyabi and were expecting strong yuri vibes.

On top of that, I have been wanting to be more involved with the community after the yuri section of Hongfire died out, and now is as good a time as any.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 3:02AM

skarlath
Avater2
joined May 16, 2011

This particular work by Fujieda Miyabi is actually very minimal on any kind of yuri, whether blatant or subtext, as it was one of his first official works. in my opinion, Alice Quartet is more a pure slice of life series, much like Aria, Amanchu and Tamayura, where if you squint hard enough, you might be able to see some yuri in it, but the main reason is simply to enjoy the atmosphere and ambiance of the world. I loved it personally, and it is my favourite work by Fujieda Miyabi, just like how I loved the aforementioned pieces I mentioned, but this is because I inherently have a love for slice-of-life works rather than because I could see the yuri vibes and ship the characters in any way.

Hence, I'd like to advise that anyone coming into this piece looking for yuri should be aware that more likely than not, they're going to come away disappointed, especially if you dislike the slow-moving slice of life genre.

last edited at Jun 19, 2014 2:49AM