Forum › Mujikaku Emotion discussion

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

What the heck

Dorothree
joined Dec 14, 2015

Maybe I read it too fast or my english wasn't good enough but I didn't understand a single thing of what just happened.

joined Dec 17, 2013

Please someone resume this o.o I did´nt get a bit

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Hm, so as far as I could tell Nico was lying about liking Tsubasa (romantically, at least - she was still kind-of acting like a fangirl). She and Tsubasa were hanging out as friends, but Nico told Maki that it was a date to make her jealous. Tsubasa knew this, which was what she was teasing Maki about.

I have to admit, it confused me a bit too, mostly due to Nico's surprisingly good acting skills - I honestly thought she did have a crush on Tsubasa and that this would turn into a dramatic love triangle.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Hm, so as far as I could tell Nico was lying about liking Tsubasa (romantically, at least - she was still kind-of acting like a fangirl). She and Tsubasa were hanging out as friends, but Nico told Maki that it was a date to make her jealous. Tsubasa knew this, which was what she was teasing Maki about.

I have to admit, it confused me a bit too, mostly due to Nico's surprisingly good acting skills - I honestly thought she did have a crush on Tsubasa and that this would turn into a dramatic love triangle.

Where did you get the "she was just acting" part? I re-read it, and for the life of me, I seem unable to find it. What I got from this, Nico was/is attracted to Tsubasa, Maki is attracted to Nico, and, apparently, Nico is also attracted to Maki, but it takes Tsubasa pointing it out for her to notice. Tsubasa does not seem to be attracted to either of the two.

Honestly, I kind of do not like this one, feels rushed and mildly confusing. Also, Maki following them, and then just butting in like that with "I'm not letting Nico-chan go!" seems too forceful and impolite for my tastes, especially since, by that point, she had no idea Nico might reciprocate her feelings. My immediate reaction was 'who even called you here'. Probably poor execution on the author's part. Or just my dislike of the 'you belong to me' type of declaration. I mean, yes, yes, judging manga by real life standards is not the general rule, but I could not help but think if a friend of mine, even a friend I potentially harboured romantic feelings towards, basically stalked me while I was meeting someone else, and then just rushed in at one point, declaring they will not let me go... yeah... that would be the last time I would see said friend. Ever.

last edited at Apr 23, 2017 12:30AM

Img_20211010_092550
joined Mar 7, 2017

To sum up the simplest way is Maki Jealous and have very pent up love for Nico just made Maki don't wanna lose Nico. Tsubasa beIng sly decided that she's gonna make Nico realize her love for Maki by saying all those compliments and also probably cuz she knew bout Maki's feelin for Nico decided to tease her which result in Nico being like that and which results in Maki finally knew of Nico's feeling.

I kinda want a continuation of this lol.

joined Jul 21, 2016

Maki is so gay in this one.

And I like it.

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

I feel like I'm missing something, be it a lead up or a follow up, I'm not entirely certain.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I don't get why you guys did not understand such simple story.
Anyway, thank you guys for the translation! :)

joined Mar 17, 2017

i swear nico maki is the worst forced pairing ever

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Just because you don't like the pairing or are annoyed by their popularity doesn't make it 'forced'. I have NEVER seen a single thing to make them seem forced - in any way, let alone the WORST - they feel 100% natural and the perfect match for each other.

This doujin isn't the best example but I fail to see how you can read one of their many very good doujins and think they are forced or not a good match. You are welcome to not be into them but to claim they are forced - i.e have no chemistry?

Explain how so or I will have to assume you are trolling.

last edited at Apr 23, 2017 8:52AM

joined Jul 26, 2016
Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just because you don't like the pairing or are annoyed by their popularity doesn't make it 'forced'. I have NEVER seen a single thing to make them seem forced - in any way, let alone the WORST - they feel 100% natural and the perfect match for each other.

Here's wot I think:

I wouldn't say they're forced, but I would say it depends a lot on what continuity you're talking about. Their relationship is very different between the manga and anime. In the former Nico seems interested in Maki at least from a "mentor in life" perspective, but given that one of her siblings doesn't exist, Honoka is a former kendo hero and Maki kinda hates her social climbing parents, it's clearly not the same world. In the anime, by contrast, they barely say five words per season to each other and the sole support for the pairing there is one scene where they're standing near each other in the evening, and a line or two from the movie. Thin soup, that.

So yeah, manga NicoMaki? Totally a thing. Anime NicoMaki, it's a lot easier to see HonoMaki there, to be honest.

They aren't a bad pairing, per se, although I like other pairings for both of them more. I mean "No. 1" is one of my absolute favourite LL doujins and I've read the Ooshima stuff about a thousand times. If there's anything that would make me dislike them, it's their fans.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I like this story too, btw. Gotta add that to my romance list.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Tsubasa did this the other way in the movie.

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

I don't get why you guys did not understand such simple story.

Even the simplest of stories becomes confusing with a poor presentation. They could have made the story a thousand times clearer with a few additional pages.

joined Jan 8, 2014

what confusion ... nico says, every time im with tsubasa my heart races... and tsubasa said everytime she was with nico she was talking about maki to see her reaction(tease her)...

so basically they're both idots in this doujin, with a cutesy confusing ending lol :P

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hey Nez - I agree there is very little in the actual anime - or manga, for that matter - to say they are interested in each other - that wasn't at all what I mean by them being a perfect match etc - and I assume most people don't either.

I'm sure you'd agree - a great many doujins have pairings where in canon there is little to ZERO actual evidence they are into each other romantically. Even hugely popular pairings for major series - like say Marisa x Reimu - what is there to support THAT in the canon?

What I was referring to is the characters WOULD make a great couple - i.e they are a perfect match, personality wise or what ever - even if the show / manga in question never realised that.

If a doujin is done well, the characters will act and talk how they would in canon given the circumstance - if you mess up and they act totally unlike themselves then it won't work at all (unless we are talking comedy) but done well, lets us see alternate stories and realities involving the same characters, and how those characters would be great for each other.

And when you have a popular couple with a big built up library of those stories, it becomes a kind of community / fan canon reality that doesn't rely on any one doujin's setting but is kind of a general summation of them all.

So - when we think of Marisa x Reimu (or Alice), or Meiling x Sakuya or, Maki X Nico - I think what support there is for said pairing in canon is almost irrelevant - what we mean is, these 2 characters work extremely well with each other - their personalities and character designs are such that while still staying in character, they would make a great couple. All the fans of said pairings obviously see that.

For Nico and Maki - you are right, they barely interact in the anime - I don't think you need to look for minuscule little things like 'she stood by Maki in this scene!' and try to read into it.

What matters is these 2 personalities - Tsundere types who are vulnerable and can't be easily honest with their feelings who have a bit of fire between them on occasion, would be a very interesting pairing who it seems could love and support each other very well - and doujins lets us see variations of that reality that are not in the canon.

Or to sum up - what makes a great pairing is NOT dictated by what is supported by the canon. I'd guess the majority of doujins feature couples who are NOT. In fact it might seem strange but often the couples with the most canon support can be the least popular.

last edited at May 2, 2017 11:15AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I'm not anti-NicoMaki in the first place (again, I like this story and several other stories with them a lot), and I've already said elsewhere who I think both of them match up best with if, as you said, we're talking about personalities. But that's as far as I'm going with that, since it's not on-topic for this story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.