Forum › Hoshikawa Ginza District 4 discussion

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

So was this published in the last volume of Tsubomi?

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Yes.

joined Jan 11, 2013

I loved this story omg

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I'll miss it. Kurogane Ken is a legend of yuri, and this is almost certainly my fav of his works so far (I still have no idea what was going on in Konohana Link). Really good, lovely ending. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

I hate this chapter!!! I HATE IT! HATE IT!! HATE IT!!! TToTT

I'm not crying! it's just those Onion-slicing Ninjas are at it again.

I'm just not good with stories about the end of something.

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

Is the series end now or there will be some extras left in the tankobon vesion?

last edited at Feb 9, 2013 11:16AM

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Don't have the tankoubon (yet) but there's probably another extra on the horizon.

Alice
joined Jun 14, 2012

Don't have the tankoubon (yet) but there's probably another extra on the horizon.

Thanks!

last edited at Feb 9, 2013 11:59AM

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

There is another chapter, the extra I was talking about. It's currently in editing. Should be released next week sometime.

last edited at Mar 9, 2013 3:04PM

Konan
joined Apr 20, 2012

It's sad that it ended so soon. I felt it was kind of rushed at the end of it and wished it lasted longer while easing into the end but I still loved it. Minato and Otome make an amazing couple, both with the penchant for being silly and serious when needed. I just love Age-gap yuris, wish there was more of them. I pray Kurogane-sensei comes out with another master piece yuri like Hoshikawa Ginza or a better one. I loved all his works.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

I'll miss it. Kurogane Ken is a legend of yuri, and this is almost certainly my fav of his works so far (I still have no idea what was going on in Konohana Link).

what about konohana link ? is it on hiatus, or no one want to traslate it ?

joined Jan 31, 2013

what about konohana link ? is it on hiatus, or no one want to traslate it ?

eternal hiatus, such a shame

There is another chapter, the extra I was talking about. It's currently in editing. Should be released next week sometime.

So there's a ton of bonus, just like Shoujo sect ? yay ! Ken's tankoubon are the best

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

These special are super cute <3 I really enjoyed the third special thank you!

Oh_stop_it_you
joined May 24, 2012

I love it!!! what a wonderful manga ^.^

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Definitely Kurogane Kenn's best work, in my opinion.

joined May 10, 2013

this is one of the series that i would love to watch as anime :D
definitely one of my Favorited...loved it more than shoujo sect

joined Apr 20, 2013

I really would like to know what happened to Kawaguchi and that tsundere-cram-school-teacher Kanae. <3 They seemed really promising~

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hoshikawa_ginza_district_4_ch12#11

Illy_14_wjsvnlrkel
joined Jun 24, 2013

I really would like to know what happened to Kawaguchi and that tsundere-cram-school-teacher Kanae. <3 They seemed really promising~

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hoshikawa_ginza_district_4_ch12#11

Same. I imagine their side of the story would be chockfull of delicious angst. ^^,

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Somebody requested this. Just wanted to note that it is indeed on the site.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

So um.. I don't usually bash on anything and don't see others around here doing so either, but I can't resist it this time...

What the fuck was this? Suddenly a jarring change of tone driving my enjoyment down the shitter pipe, felt mindfuck as if I was suddenly reading something else suck in between the pages... I am NOT talking about the rushed rough drafts the mangaka turned in, shitstorm bombardment started before those.

I guess I let myself carry the impressions the first chapters gave me, even knowing this was by the same mangaka of Shoujo Sect - not gonna say anything about that one other than: I am not going to even attempt to keep reading that, the fact that it got animated is BEYOND me.

last edited at Nov 20, 2013 6:28AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What the fuck was this? Suddenly a jarring change of tone driving my enjoyment down the shitter pipe, felt mindfuck as if I was suddenly reading something else suck in between the pages... I am NOT talking about the rushed rough drafts the mangaka turned in, shitstorm bombardment started before those.

Not sure what bit you're talking about exactly. Most of it seems fine to me, generally slice of life with an overarching plot of their progression as a couple, which comes more to the fore as the series progresses.

The bit that did jar me a lot was the bit with the other girl spying on them, then extorting Otome for sex. And Otome going along with it! What!? That was not only disturbing, but made no sense for Otome's character and worse, it didn't even have a narrative impact as it was essentially forgotten and never referred to again. If nothing else, that had a serious negative effect an otherwise great series for me.

I guess I let myself carry the impressions the first chapters gave me, even knowing this was by the same mangaka of Shoujo Sect - not gonna say anything about that one other than: I am not going to even attempt to keep reading that, the fact that it got animated is BEYOND me.

I found Shoujo Sect much better, as a series of short stories with, again, an overarching plot. There's less to mess up the narrative and being set up as a series of vignettes means the pace can vary from one to the next without having so much impact. Also, there aren't any really jarring moments like I mentioned above.

Topbow3
joined Feb 11, 2013

I still really like this

Capture_001_18092013_1154032
joined Mar 2, 2012

Not sure what bit you're talking about exactly. Most of it seems fine to me, generally slice of life with an overarching plot of their progression as a couple, which comes more to the fore as the series progresses.

The bit that did jar me a lot was the bit with the other girl spying on them, then extorting Otome for sex. And Otome going along with it! What!? That was not only disturbing, but made no sense for Otome's character and worse, it didn't even have a narrative impact as it was essentially forgotten and never referred to again. If nothing else, that had a serious negative effect an otherwise great series for me.

You know holding each other while nude does not automatically equal sex right?

The extortion was for nude pictures (still bad i guess) then as Hina desperately tried for more, getting rejected again. Then she broke down in tears and Otome held her to comfort her. At no point was it really implied that they did anything more.

joined Feb 4, 2014

재밋어요~ ㅎㅎ

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

Favorite. Manga. Ever. I just read it for the 12th time

To reply you must either login or sign up.