Forum › Now Loading…! discussion

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Ooh, roguelikes. Good taste, MC.
There's not actually any decent ones on phones, though.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

I don't know why people are saying this is a copy paste of new game, literally the only similarities I see is that there are girls that work in a game company, and the new worker was inspired by a game one of the other girls made. Everything else seems different so far.

I gotta say, from that kiss I am looking forward to how far the author is going to take the yuri. I hope they will start dating at some point.

joined Feb 23, 2016

I have mixed feelings about this Yuri manga >3>

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Okay, I get the obvious comparison with New Game simply because it's cute girls working on games, but come on. This one is about individuals working on mobile games, the MC has been working at the company for 6 months, and there is actual yuri. I don't think people calling it a copy of New Game is all that warranted than calling a manga about a mangaka as copies of each other.

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 6:09AM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

The situation looks strange to me. Protagonist works at game publishing company. But develops games. Solo, from scratch, doing all the coding and art assets and QA (or lack thereof) herself. She even has to market her game herself, by contacting websites and such.
Is this situation normal in japanese mobage dev field?

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The situation looks strange to me. Protagonist works at game publishing company. But develops games. Solo, from scratch, doing all the coding and art assets and QA (or lack thereof) herself. She even has to market her game herself, by contacting websites and such.

If it's a small mobile game then that's not that unusual even by American standards.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

End of chapter gives me hope.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

I don't know. I personally can't get into it. I mean suddenly bursting into tears? Ugh, and the sudden kiss. Sure, maybe the next chapter would go more in depth. But honestly I feel like I'm reading a bad fanfic. I do like Mochida though hahaha!
She acts like a mom (self proclaimed 'Everyone's mom') and has her own objectives like getting Sakurazuki and Kagagi together because both are too dense.
Freakin multi-tasker: works, matchmaker, checks on people, makes them coffee, and gives advice.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Oh P.S. I stopped reading New Game. I couldn't be sustained on subtext, story, and Moe alone.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

That escalated quickly.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So New game but with no bullshit subtext and more actual gay?
dis gunna b gud

joined Jun 30, 2015

Oh P.S. I stopped reading New Game. I couldn't be sustained on subtext, story, and Moe alone.

Subtext has its own charm. Between a naked girl and a girl wearing revealing clothes, the girl with clothes provide more imagination.

Cuteness is justice.

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Looks like a slightly more mature version of New Game! ... I like that

Yeah!!! That is the first thing that comes out of my mind

joined Jan 21, 2015

The setup and the rest of the chapter are different enough, but the main character being inspired by an older woman who turns out to be her boss really feels like the author read New Game, got annoyed that Aoba didn't fall in love with Kou and decided to write their own version. I thought the writing was kind of clumsy, but this is just the first chapter. I hope it does well enough to encourage the Yuri Hime editors to include more stories about adult women.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It has girls kissing, that's all I need to know.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Alright let's not just speed past that the hamsters name is rations lmfao

Sakurazuki is probably an Excel Saga fan. ;-)

I mean suddenly bursting into tears? Ugh, and the sudden kiss. Sure, maybe the next chapter would go more in depth.

The kiss was indeed sudden, but bursting into tears was actually very relatable to me. When you work really hard on something and then suddenly get the plug pulled on it, it's basically a mini-death in the family: you may act tough and rationalize it, but deep inside, you are hurting real bad, and it only takes a single sympathetic face for it to burst out. I bet anyone who had this happen to them can relate, actually.

I do like Mochida though hahaha!
She acts like a mom (self proclaimed 'Everyone's mom') and has her own objectives like getting Sakurazuki and Kagagi together because both are too dense.
Freakin multi-tasker: works, matchmaker, checks on people, makes them coffee, and gives advice.

An office with a Mochida in it is a lucky one, indeed.

joined Jun 12, 2012

First chapter - already kissing. That's what I call progress!

PROGRESS!

Ooh, roguelikes. Good taste, MC.
There's not actually any decent ones on phones, though.

Well sure there are. Just to name a few; Pixel Dungeon (albeit a bit simplistic) is extremely good, the port of NetHack is excellent, and Infinite Dungeon is good if you're looking for an in-depth roguelike.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If you're looking for the absolute classic Rogue experience, I recommend Brogue. They use coloured ASCII, which turns that dark dungeon into a vista of underground lakes, fetid swamps and gigantic, gaping chasms. It's rather amazing.

Used to be an Android port, not sure what happened to it. The iOS port is great though.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I bet their company is right next door to the New Game company

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

I really love this series but honestly if you've got to make the NG comparison (which admittedly gets stronger next chapter) it's honestly closer to a Aoba x Umiko fic which is

good. AoUmi is good.

I think the implication is she was actually just running a game someone else had set up? She's been there for half a year and that game's been on for a year, so I think it was more her being the current project head. (and they knew it was bombing hence her being the only one on it)

19656914_1372938272741879_6566143021084645021_n
joined Nov 16, 2016

Love the series already!
Very interesting story line.
And Ending it with Yuri!! ♡0♡

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

Degu. Also. "I keep him in case of emergencies" coupled with his name made me concerned that she gonna eat the degu. Degus dont even have a lot of meat...

joined Feb 18, 2015

So far I like it! The older co-worker who is mentoring the MC and has such poor social skills that the MC can't read any of her signals can lead to all sorts of fun stuff. And the Degu (not hamster...) named rations is just awesome!

The only downside I can see is that it appears to be short. (One volume complete according to Manga Updates...)

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 12:43PM

Zomgyuri
joined Nov 19, 2014

It's a degu, not a hamster. According to wikigod, it's from Chile. The photos look a bit chinchilla-ish to me. Did you know the chinchilla is a critically endangered species? I did not. I thought they just bit really, really hard.

The first part of the chapter seemed to me an insanely close copy to New Game, with the more adult figures. I might have been influenced by the gothic maid on the cover, though. I saw the management people as Yagami and Rin; one has a soft heart but major tsundere issues and the other is kind and stays out of the way unless needed. By the end, I felt the story had sufficiently diverged to ditch the comparisons.

It's true that settings come with a cast of characters in manga, or any high-churn creative field. You can read 5 Harlequin romances and have read every one that's ever been written (I do not recommend doing so or your head will explode) and we all know the giant-[insert creature/natural-/alien-disaster here]-boy-gets-girl B-grade movies that turn up every other week. It's the only way for an author to really keep up with the release pace they need to make any decent money.

I prefer New Game at this point, but I like moe subtext stuff. In my own work, I'm always in the aaaaaaangst age-gap area, so fluff is a nice lunch break.

Also, work mom. I was one of these for many years and didn't even know there was a term. Of course, I worked with actual teenagers, and am a mom, so it fit.

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

@Koveras
Mince is all mine!

This series is enjoyable, and has some pretty cute moments, but there's unfortunately very little character and relationship development. Definitely worth reading, but not the strongest Yuri Hime series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.