Forum › Het discussion

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I, for one, think there should be more good het here.
That's right, more not less.
Emphasis on good though. Since majority of romance in manga is het anyway, the overall quality simply averages. It goes bland and monotone, since it's all been done a thousand times.
But no matter what, great het works still appear. Even though the reader is yuri-dedicated, I feel that it's a shame to miss some mangas just because they aren't.
Personally, I like relaxing, cute slice-of-life, I like good comedy and fluffy romance - het or yuri both. And this reader is probably most comfortable place for me to read and re-read my favourite manga.
I think it's a shame that so many people have such aggressive allergy to this tag.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Het is so underrepresented on manga sites, it's like there's literally nowhere I can go to find manga with het romance.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

I, for one, think there should be more good het here.
That's right, more not less.
Emphasis on good though. Since majority of romance in manga is het anyway, the overall quality simply averages. It goes bland and monotone, since it's all been done a thousand times.

This is already more or less built into Dynasty's policies, right? From the upload request page:

You may suggest het if the story is good or the comedy is good.

So if somebody wants to see more het, then they just need to actually put in upload requests and see how it goes.
(Having said that, it might be nice Dynasty hosted the Shigisawa Kaya stuff that was running in Rakuen, since we've already got some of her older stuff...)

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 10:59AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I never come to dynasty scan to read het, in fact I don't follow any of the het posted here. I would check out batoto for that. So... I don't really like the idea of more here.
You might say "You can ignore it if you dont like it" and that's easy now bcoz there are so few ... But adding more would ruin my yuri paradise website. Sorry!

joined Jul 5, 2014

Random Chapter selection on the main page is usually 80% het for me, I don't know what you're talking about lol.
The amount of times I refresh for a new yuri and all I get is shit like Koibana Onsen is actually infuriating.

Also, most of the good het is already licensed anyways.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 11:04AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I could see posting "light het" as it were, if we're talking about stuff from artists that are known here for instance. Or stuff that doesn't really shove it in your face. We've got a bunch of non-yuri stuff where we can safely assume the characters are het but it's not about that. Those I'm cool with. And it's not like I'm after anything to be removed.

I guess I can't really see the point to having much more unless there are strong Lesbian sidecouples or something else that makes them fit in.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Also, most of the good het is already licensed anyways.

I disagree...though more is certainly being licensed now, so in a year or so you might be unequivocally correct.

So if somebody wants to see more het, then they just need to actually put in upload requests and see how it goes.

To be fair, many non-yuri upload requests are left to sit a while. When not due to scanlator difficulties, they're usually a) very long and thus a hassle to work with, and b) low-priority when compared to yuri/subtext-y things.

(Having said that, it might be nice Dynasty hosted the Shigisawa Kaya stuff that was running in Rakuen, since we've already got some of her older stuff...)

This will absolutely get done! It's been on the list since Blue Flor allowed us to begin hosting their work, but I haven't had the time/interest in going back to re-read (or read for the first time) most of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I don't see het and non-yuri as quite the same thing. That one with the single dad, I forget the name, it doesn't really push romantic relationships all that much, or at least what is there exists only in the background, so in practice it's kind of neutral. I have absolutely nothing against stuff like that being on the reader.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

To be fair, many non-yuri upload requests are left to sit a while. When not due to scanlator difficulties, they're usually a) very long and thus a hassle to work with, and b) low-priority when compared to yuri/subtext-y things.

Yeah, I assumed as much. I mean, this is the yuri hub after all.

This will absolutely get done! It's been on the list since Blue Flor allowed us to begin hosting their work, but I haven't had the time/interest in going back to re-read (or read for the first time) most of them.

Awesome! I'd thought they'd had a hosting restriction, but then I couldn't find one listed anywhere, so I started wondering if this had just been overlooked. This means I can keep putting off going on their IRC channel to download things.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Praise be to the sun, bringer and taker of all life!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I really love Het series in this site. Because there are only good one here.

joined Sep 11, 2015

Well this site is primarily focused on yuri

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

...No

I can find het anyyyyyyyyyywhere else

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

^ Other sites are shit tho. So fuck that.

Glad theres some het here cuz theres a few a really liked, like Yandere Kanojo and Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection, the latter specially, which I have thoroughly enjoyed and would've never even known about em if they weren't on this site.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ I agree. I don't mind the het on this site because they're usually really good stories I would have never found anywhere else. It's really hard finding gems on those other sites because they're so cluttered.

I'm all for het on dynasty as long as the quality requirements to be uploaded aren't as low as it is for the yuri. If they uploaded any het series regardless of quality, THEN dynasty will just become like every other reader.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Het delenda est!

joined May 23, 2015

Glad theres some het here cuz theres a few a really liked, like Yandere Kanojo and Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection, the latter specially, which I have thoroughly enjoyed and would've never even known about em if they weren't on this site.

You should try checking out Wakabayashi Toshiya's other series. It has some minor yuri undertones in addition to his normal misunderstanding-based romance style.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh wow... I've been on dynasty reader for a good couple of months (years if you count the times I've been on this without an account) and I didn't even know there was a tag for het... Rip

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

a site that seems to promote yuri and everything yuri
has het
this doesn't make sense. can someone define "good" het? that sounds like an oxymoron to me. it's so stupid to come to a website that prides itself on being all about yuri just to find out you have things like het and futa. dicks don't equal girl love. NO! keep the dicks elsewhere. go shit up some other website with your dicks and your dudes, no thank you. I want women with VAGINAS! clashing them together. so glad for black listing, but it's still in bad taste to even have the genre be mentioned

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

has het
this doesn't make sense. can someone define "good" het? that sounds like an oxymoron to me. it's so stupid to come to a website that prides itself on being all about yuri just to find out you have things like het and futa. dicks don't equal girl love. NO! keep the dicks elsewhere. go shit up some other website with your dicks and your dudes, no thank you. I want women with VAGINAS! clashing them together. so glad for black listing, but it's still in bad taste to even have the genre be mentioned

Yeah, yuri-scans.com is just such a misleading url for the site.

And yuri stories can't feature heterosexuality in any capacity, especially not as an element of character development.

Oh wait.

last edited at Mar 10, 2017 12:45AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well I never come to dynasty scan to read het, in fact I don't follow any of the het posted here. I would check out batoto for that. So... I don't really like the idea of more here.

Whatever she said.

If you want to read het, go to other sites.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

has het

Are you okay?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

has het

Are you okay?

Evidently not.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Umm you realize Dynasty is a yuri platform, right? The het mangas that exist here are within yuri stories.
Most people who come here don't want het.

To reply you must either login or sign up.