Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

I knew the name of one of the authors rang a bell:

https://youtu.be/CKCgDAV16b4

holy crap i remember watching that on tv

BioticCommadore
Screenhunter_1339%20jul.%2024%2004.21
joined Nov 17, 2013

crossing fingers pls have science babies pls have science babies pls have science babies

Hinataskype
joined May 26, 2011

^unless you mean artificial insemination I'm pretty sure this is based on real people so I don't think science babies, that are genetically both of them, will happen

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^unless you mean artificial insemination I'm pretty sure this is based on real people so I don't think science babies, that are genetically both of them, will happen

Given that chapter 5 is titled "We Decided To Use a Syringe!" I'd say your guess is pretty likely.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

this is nice... lighthearted and sweet so far

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Wait. They are married?

So this can't be happening in Japan.

Reimu%202
joined Dec 29, 2016

sees title

sees tags

praise the sun \o/

\ [T] /

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wait. They are married?

Presumably that's explained in the next chapter, titled "We're Wife and Wife", but it's likely what Japanese lesbians call marriage. Namely one gets signed on to the other's family register in something similar to an adoption and they share the same last name.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I guess they are writing about the journey almost in real time? In other words, one of them hasn't had the baby yet? Even the final chapter in the contents says to our future child. It also looks tankobonish, so maybe it can already be bought in Japan (or in my case from Japan via Honto).

Yes, the tankoubon is available for purchase in both physical and digital form from Japanese bookstores. The ISBN is 4040683617.
And as you guessed from the table of contents, they have not conceived yet by the end of the book.

Thank you. :)

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

@auikimaya ╰(ఠ_ఠ)╯

YOU'RE ON!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

sees title

sees tags

praise the sun \o/

\ [T] /

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つPRAISE TAGS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

It isn't getting the child what makes you a parent, it's raising the child. Totally didn't change Obama's quote I see almost every day at a lgbt account on instagram.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

I wish I can have a lesbian mom...

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Very cool.

Also . . . this may feature non-moe art, but they're moe as hell in real life.

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Wait. They are married?

Presumably that's explained in the next chapter, titled "We're Wife and Wife", but it's likely what Japanese lesbians call marriage. Namely one gets signed on to the other's family register in something similar to an adoption and they share the same last name.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tokyo-japan-same-sex-marriage_us_563b20e9e4b0b24aee48f8a5

The authors were the first same-sex couple to be issued a marriage license in Japan.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Huh, there are five districts that have it now. Last time I looked there were only four.

There should be a thousand.

joined May 4, 2013

My trans ass won't have future children so reading this makes me self-concious at best.
Cis lez-couples don't have it near as bad, it's at times like these I feel like the T should be removed from the abbreviation.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

My trans ass won't have future children so reading this makes me self-concious at best.
Cis lez-couples don't have it near as bad, it's at times like these I feel like the T should be removed from the abbreviation.

near as bad as.....who? trans lesbian couples? they would have the exact same problems as not having the sperm + egg combination. trans-cis lesbian or gay couples would, optimally, have the sperm + egg combo so there's no inherent child-bearing problem there. trans-cis straight couples, like cis lesbian couples, would probably not have the sperm + egg combo but if you're saying that straight couples in any way shape or form have it harder than gay couples then you're just flat out wrong.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

near as bad as.....who? trans lesbian couples? they would have the exact same problems as not having the sperm + egg combination. trans-cis lesbian or gay couples would, optimally, have the sperm + egg combo so there's no inherent child-bearing problem there. trans-cis straight couples, like cis lesbian couples, would probably not have the sperm + egg combo but if you're saying that straight couples in any way shape or form have it harder than gay couples then you're just flat out wrong.

A het trans woman wouldn't have a uterus, so that's out. And a post-op trans lesbian wouldn't have sperm at all. A pre-op lesbian may not have viable sperm depending on how long she's been on HRT and what particular drug.

As to gay trans men, I gather large doses of testosterone and uteruses (uterii?) don't get along all that well, which is what killed Robert Eads, subject of the documentary Southern Comfort. So you've may have questionable egg viability, again depending a lot on circumstances.

Now of course depending on the country you might have stuff like adoption, surrogacy, freezing sperm or eggs prior to transition, or donated sperm or eggs to complicate the equation in the other direction. Plus probably stuff I forgot to mention.

Capture
joined Mar 9, 2013

holy crap i remember watching that on tv

Oh my goodness! Thank you for this!
If you watch the video you see her signing a copy of her manga.

Vpbikxq
joined Mar 30, 2015

Now of course depending on the country you might have stuff like adoption, surrogacy, freezing sperm or eggs prior to transition, or donated sperm or eggs to complicate the equation in the other direction. Plus probably stuff I forgot to mention.

As someone working in IVF, this ^^^. Getting eggs or sperm frozen before transitioning is a very good idea if you're wanting to have kids down the line.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

sees title

sees tags

my feelings

To reply you must either login or sign up.