Forum › Josou Danshi to Menhera Oji-san discussion

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

bachou posted:

why is there a gay manga on this site ;_;

Er, you do realize that this site is entirely based around gay manga to begin with, right? It just tends to focus on girl x girl stuff rather than guy x guy stuff in general.

LOL has to have been sarcasm, unless they think the word 'gay' only refers to men.

last edited at Mar 2, 2017 5:35AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

bachou posted:

why is there a gay manga on this site ;_;

Er, you do realize that this site is entirely based around gay manga to begin with, right? It just tends to focus on girl x girl stuff rather than guy x guy stuff in general.

LOL has to have been sarcasm, unless they think the word 'gay' only refers to men.

If you look at this user's post history, you'll understand it's not sarcasm.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nya-chan posted:

If you look at this user's post history, you'll understand it's not sarcasm.

Oh, now that I look through their post history I remember who they are. If I'd realized that earlier I wouldn't have even bothered replying.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Okay, I read the last 3 chapters on bato.to.

Yet another story about acceptance.

I read the afterword and she admits herself her manga always turn dark.

I hope she manages to write a lighter story.

joined Sep 30, 2016

fack you dynasty reader

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

fack you dynasty reader

Father Jack eat your heart out

Maximo12letras
joined Mar 2, 2017

It was fun :)

joined May 14, 2015

That was an unexpected turn, and now adult trap, I'm happy with how it turned out.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

I guess it was a good ending. I'm happy about it

Cate
joined May 15, 2015

Wow, a Fumiko Fumi that ended pretty happy? Color me surprised!

joined Aug 6, 2015

I feel like reading through Wandering Son again after this.

joined Dec 19, 2016

So was the older guy when he was crossdressing whoring himself out?

Also like how the mc at the end started growing his hair out instead of using wigs.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Okay, I read the last 3 chapters on bato.to.

Yet another story about acceptance.

I read the afterword and she admits herself her manga always turn dark.

I hope she manages to write a lighter story.

It'd be a change of pace if she did write a less dark and twisty manga.

For the most part, I enjoyed this manga. As a reader, i can sympathize with each character to a certain degree. On a certain level, we all want to fit in, be accepted and not feel inadequate. But when you don't feel like you do, those demons can eat away at you until all you see and feel is the darkness of despair. So this manga was a good change of pace. I really liked that it wasn't nice and neat, nor did it fit into a big box with a pretty bow on top. That all said, when I real manga like these, I always ask myself how much the mangaka is writing from experience and/or a personal POV. Parts of the story makes me think Fumiko Fumi is BS-ing everything, but then there are a few areas where I think there is real sincerity that's coming from a personal level. Oh well. I'm digging these more complex manga. I hope more a written and are translated.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I liked the way it ended and the themes it tacked with. Surprisingly enough, it ended rather happily for a Fumiko Fumi manga, notwithstanding the 15 years wasted. They got their happy life together in the end. This was an overall good read, and I really enjoy this mangaka's art.

I definitely love these more realistic and rather complex manga, that avoid the usual cliches, or use them sparingly; and that can't be- if not labelled, at least summarized with tags this easily.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Man, Tanabe-san was like a guardian angel.

Yohanesoukan
joined Dec 27, 2015

DAMN WHAT AN ENDING

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'll admit that after reading Sakura no Sono I'd pretty much given up on this author. She had a girl get heartbroken, raped, abused, manipulated, and end with her spending the rest of her life taking care of her assailant, who's been turned into a geriatric infant for no apparent reason. Then I checked out Bokura no Hentai and now this, and I've been really surprised with how respectfully the characters' issues are handled. In spite of the dark themes, I think this story is one of the most sensitive romances on this site.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think Tanabe-san is the author's self-insert.

KittyCatOmaniac
E19418efd5cf90129f366e240e5156b3
joined Sep 12, 2014

I think Tanabe-san is the author's self-insert.

Definitely. It's a pretty common thing to have a female side-character as a stand-in for the author in BL, and having said character help in resolving the MC's troubles adds to the author's feeling of "Yas! I am creating TRU LAV!"

....but I digress. I really liked Tanabe-san! While a lot of gay people hate being represented by the works of people of the opposite gender, because of their tendency to fetishize them, I just can't bring myself to dislike this story. Hayasaka-kun is clearly not transgender, yet he chooses to dress like a woman in everyday life because that sort of dynamic is important to his relationship with Yasuda-san. Usually, I would scream about how they're mixing up gay and trans identities, but here? It works just fine.

I just can't help but feel so goddamned happy for the main characters ;__;

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

That was pretty good but I dislike it when they suddenly skip a lot of time like that..

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

That was pretty good but I dislike it when they suddenly skip a lot of time like that..

I like it actually.

[misha%20(hoongju)]%2001
joined Jul 19, 2015

fack you dynasty reader

Father Jack eat your heart out

This was the last place (and manga) I ever expected to find father Ted referenced xD

joined Jun 12, 2012

This was really, really good. Who knew that one of my most favorite releases on a website largely based on lesbian taiwanese comics would be a yaoi manga involving cross-dressing, age gap and borderline rape.

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

Damn this was satisfying, my favorite stories are the ones where the characters just accept who they are and move on. But, it's also sad to see that some people can be so intolerant like his parents.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Rexzazel posted:

But, it's also sad to see that some people can be so intolerant like his parents.

I think his ex said it best. His family was more like a creepy pseudo-family. They were far more worried about appearances than their actual bonds.

To reply you must either login or sign up.