Forum › Yuri Otaku Family discussion

joined Apr 11, 2016

WHERE DO I FIND THIS KIND OF FAMILY I W A N T T H I S

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

WHERE DO I FIND THIS KIND OF FAMILY I W A N T T H I S

You can have the family, I'll take the girlfriend.

21294649_1973051396268417_6602197588240236544_n
joined Jun 7, 2015

Hilarious! So the dad have "yuri book" huh xD

joined Jun 14, 2013

I really liked this. Mad decent.

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

That's literally going to be me to my daughter accept much gayer lolol

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

I cracked df up when the mom fell down and was still down until the next day. And that dad though... lmfao

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

welp. now i want a series. give it the cherry amnesia treatment.

tanamusi is gdlk

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Tamamusi is everything I ask in a yuri and more.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

This was extremely cute and funny, i loved it. I hope we get to see more of these characters.

joined Sep 9, 2016

I nominate Tamamusi for ascension to the pantheon of yuri gods.

This would do well to be a series of its own.

joined Jun 19, 2012

When even your girlfriend's family ships you...

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

omg this was ridiculously cute

the mum though oh my days

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

I found the dad creepy. He was gonna watch them have sex and his excuse for it is "I gotta know if my daughter's a top so I can give her yuri books to help." Wtf man, get your priorities straight

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Y'know, this kinda beg the question : "if mom and sis are such yuri enthusiasts, why aren't they yuri themselves ?" :p

Well, maybe the sister is and just single, but the mom is married to the dad, so...

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

I found the dad creepy. He was gonna watch them have sex and his excuse for it is "I gotta know if my daughter's a top so I can give her yuri books to help." Wtf man, get your priorities straight

But you're wrong.

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I love you Tamamusi!!!!!!!!

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Y'know, this kinda beg the question : "if mom and sis are such yuri enthusiasts, why aren't they yuri themselves ?" :p

Well, maybe the sister is and just single, but the mom is married to the dad, so...

Maybe she's Bi.

Cocona%20calm%20yourself
joined Jan 7, 2017

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_otaku_family#4

I died when the mom just lay down and drop dead XD
her reaction is priceless

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

But you're wrong

Sure I'm wrong because I'm the only one here who didn't say something like " Lol this is funny." Just because I said that about that father didn't mean I didn't enjoy this. I'm just not like everyone else who keeps saying the same things. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

joined Dec 28, 2016

But you're wrong

Sure I'm wrong because I'm the only one here who didn't say something like " Lol this is funny." Just because I said that about that father didn't mean I didn't enjoy this. I'm just not like everyone else who keeps saying the same things. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I think his point is that the dad didn't actually say that if you read again. He said "because my daughter is top, I have some books that might be useful" (paraphrased). He was in the middle of looking in the closet for the books (the girls stated it was the storage room) but then was interrupted and trapped. The dad wasn't trying to watch them have sex. Thus he's mad that you're getting angry at the dad for doing literally nothing wrong. (He afterwards immediately looked away after he realized what was going on and started trying to text the wife and daughter for help so they could come and interrupt so that he could get out.)

last edited at Feb 17, 2017 1:43AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

There was also the option to make some loud noise with the many boxes in there to make the girl aware that someone was in the closet, then walk out and pretend he didn't see them being there. :p

Or even call out to them when they started talking to make sure they knew he was around doing something and would leave them alone in just a minute.

Many possibilities other than "let's stay hidden all night in there and risk a misunderstanding if I try to sneak out in the middle of the night and end up waking them up." ^^;

last edited at Feb 17, 2017 3:56AM

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

There was also the option to make some loud noise with the many boxes in there to make the girl aware that someone was in the closet, then walk out and pretend he didn't see them being there. :p

Or even call out to them when they started talking to make sure they knew he was around doing something and would leave them alone in just a minute.

Many possibilities other than "let's stay hidden all night in there and risk a misunderstanding if I try to sneak out in the middle of the night and end up waking them up." ^^;

But you just shifted the blame from the dad to Tamamusi without addressing the original point. It was originally said that the dad is a bad character for spying on his daughter's having sex, but now Tamamusi was a bad writer when she used the misunderstanding trope. It's okay if you don't find that type of humor funny, but address it properly without relying on misrepresenting character motivations.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Given that dad kinda wanted to get the hell out of there before they had sex, and didn't go in the closet even expecting them to use that room (per their dialogue), I doubt his original intent was peeping. Otherwise, the whole "I missed my chance to get out and now I'm stuck in an embarrassing situation" is kind of a classic Japanese comedy trope.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Shynaku posted:

But you just shifted the blame from the dad to Tamamusi without addressing the original point. It was originally said that the dad is a bad character for spying on his daughter's having sex, but now Tamamusi was a bad writer when she used the misunderstanding trope. It's okay if you don't find that type of humor funny, but address it properly without relying on misrepresenting character motivations.

Idk how you reached that conclusion since Chantelune wasn't putting any blame on Tamamusi writing, rather was suggesting that dad had a lot different options rather than just stay hidden once his 1 attempt to run away failed. They didn't critic the humor but rather pointed out that dad as a character still had different ways to solve the situation. Ever more since Chantelune wasn't even the person who misunderstood father action and critic him based on that misunderstanding in the first place, but rather were responding to what ergzay said about how father did everything he could to escape.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Given that dad kinda wanted to get the hell out of there before they had sex, and didn't go in the closet even expecting them to use that room (per their dialogue), I doubt his original intent was peeping. Otherwise, the whole "I missed my chance to get out and now I'm stuck in an embarrassing situation" is kind of a classic Japanese comedy trope.

Analyzing it intellectually, it's clear that the purpose of Dad in the Closet(tm) is to perpetuate the chain of comedy that runs throughout the comic. He's just another piece of the joke. And the comic doesn't take place in the real world, but rather in that comedy setting that looks an awful like the real world but really isn't.

Emotionally, I react to the comic as a man with a daughter. My brain pencils me in the closet and her in the room with a potential lover, and I get kinda skeeved. I think you'll agree that it would be cringey as fuck, start to finish, if the events in this comic really happened in the really real world.

For which, see "This isn't the real world, but a comedic variant thereof." I understand that, and don't have a problem with it. The comic is funny! Tamamusi did a great job on it! I can see how other people can appreciate the humor of the comic on its own without getting skeeved. I'm just a little too close to the issue to pull that off myself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.