Forum › Seifuku no Vampiress Lord discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

So, when do you guys think Nana will turn into a vampire? Round the middle of the series or at the end? (remember, it's a CHANCE of happening, and obviously getting bitten a lot would massively increase that chance)

My prediction is that, via some comedic twist of fate, Yuu will defy the statistics and turn all of her classmates into vampires.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

the author of Prunus Girl? how did i not notice? this could be good

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!

My expectations increased hundred folds.

10421609_736454176404511_930283773208011502_n
joined Jul 14, 2012

what a good friend~~

Hqdefault
joined Jan 12, 2017

Yuri + Vampire = LOVE IT <3

I've been wondering if this manga here really is yuri... i meam that master of hers is always around, he might have a bigger role in her life.... maybe on a romantic level too...? DON'T WANT THAT!!! KEEP IT YUUUURRIIII LOVE!!!! XD I mean i like the bestie couple, hopefully romantic love comes between them! >~<

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ok, this is interesting, but there was a line that confused me. On page 20, he says that if you look at all of vampire history you won't find many cases of blood sucking, but basically everything else makes it seem super common, both between him sucking her blood and expecting her to suck other people's blood.

So, when do you guys think Nana will turn into a vampire? Round the middle of the series or at the end? (remember, it's a CHANCE of happening, and obviously getting bitten a lot would massively increase that chance)

That's not necessarily true. If getting turned relies on something inherent to the person, than biting the same person multiple times won't change the odds as it won't suddenly give them the necessary factor.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Ok, this is interesting, but there was a line that confused me. On page 20, he says that if you look at all of vampire history you won't find many cases of blood sucking, but basically everything else makes it seem super common, both between him sucking her blood and expecting her to suck other people's blood.

Probably just the case of Vampires being so rare and most being able to either subside their thirst with milk and salt water. Most vampires probably don't go hunting due to personal morals nor have a willing blood bank.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Based on his affinity for track suits, it is my head canon that Rin is originally from eastern Europe. I hope he squats at some point.

Cheeki Breeki.

joined Oct 4, 2016

I gotta say the "OMG THERE'S A HINT OF TESTOSTERONE IN MY PURE ESTROGEN FANTASY!" complaints are kind of odd. It's like being back in elementary school and hearing the kids freak out about cooties.

I'd be fascinated to see how the people making those complaints break down in terms of age, sexual experience, and the presence or absence of a Y chromosome. I have my suspicions about how that particular set of data would be skewed, but I could be wrong.

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Honestly i will prefer Yuu keep a monogamous relationship with Nana

joined Jul 13, 2014

the author of Prunus Girl? how did i not notice? this could be good

Whoa, that's a series I totally forgot. Time to check out, I guess.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Honestly i will prefer Yuu keep a monogamous relationship with Nana

Me too.

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

why is this so good? 'w'

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

I gotta say the "OMG THERE'S A HINT OF TESTOSTERONE IN MY PURE ESTROGEN FANTASY!" complaints are kind of odd.

Not really; it's par for the course at this point. I knew right as soon as this guy was introduced to have a fairly major role here that there are going to be comments being overly cautious about him. They're not exactly unfounded due to the nature of this genre and how it uses male characters but obviously the comments are still ridiculous.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Loved Prunus Girl!
Think this will be cute and sexy.
And vampire genres lately all have their own take on the mythology of vampire life. As someone already said it depends on the authors point of view. And I like it that way, makes for variety.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My prediction is that, via some comedic twist of fate, Yuu will defy the statistics and turn all of her classmates into vampires.

That would be an original twist on the whole "involuntary vampire transformation" trope. :D

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 12:32PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yuu having the ability to create her own vampire harem would be amazing, especially since Rin's freakouts about it would be legendary. Also a good chance to make "grandpa" jokes at him.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I don't. What happened?

It started with the yuri tag, because the scanlation team read ahead and saw it was yuri, but the first few chapters were a bit tame, so people were dogging to get the tag changed to subtext.

Now it's subtext but the chapters are starting to pick up and the same people complaining before are now wanting the tag changed back to yuri but we're now just mocking them: "they're just gal pals doing friend stuff as friends."

joined Aug 11, 2014

Not really; it's par for the course at this point. I knew right as soon as this guy was introduced to have a fairly major role here that there are going to be comments being overly cautious about him. They're not exactly unfounded due to the nature of this genre and how it uses male characters but obviously the comments are still ridiculous.

I mean, I've read some comments saying that, in this setting, a vampire's blood preference is linked to their sexual preference, and Slacker Vampire Mentor Dude outright says drinking blood feels like sexual pleasure for both parties... Sure, that means Irie is confirmed super gay, and that's great, that's what we're all here for, but it also means that Slacker Vampire targeted her because he was attracted to her, and basically got off on drinking her blood. So as much as I sympathise with people who are tired of folks whining whenever there's a trace of dudes in their yuri, I kinda feel like discomfort about Slacker Vampire is a little more warranted in this case?

I get that we're supposed to view him as harmless, and that the author is trying to encourage us to think of him as harmless by having Irie disregard him completely, but literally the first thing he did in the story was establish himself as not harmless at all? Like, if he really was harmless, then there wouldn't even be a story in the first place. It feels a bit weird to just forget about that when there really hasn't been any in-universe reason to do, and the only out-of-universe reason is just a vague sense that it's probably not that kind of story, which, I don't know, I've got two chapters and I haven't seen the raws, I don't know what kind of story it's supposed to be yet.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 12:48PM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I don't. What happened?

It started with the yuri tag, because the scanlation team read ahead and saw it was yuri, but the first few chapters were a bit tame, so people were dogging to get the tag changed to subtext.

Now it's subtext but the chapters are starting to pick up and the same people complaining before are now wanting the tag changed back to yuri but we're now just mocking them: "they're just gal pals doing friend stuff as friends."

I've read Vol. 1-3 of Futaribeya and the yuri level is so low there that you can basically say it's your average CGDCT subtext manga with some fanservice here and there.

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Yuri + vampire + harem = perfect :P
Nana as legal wife xD

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

SHE ENTWINED THEIR FINGERS! SHE TOTALLY DID OMFG ))))))) SO NSFW!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Vankomycin posted:

I gotta say the "OMG THERE'S A HINT OF TESTOSTERONE IN MY PURE ESTROGEN FANTASY!" complaints are kind of odd. It's like being back in elementary school and hearing the kids freak out about cooties.

I'd be fascinated to see how the people making those complaints break down in terms of age, sexual experience, and the presence or absence of a Y chromosome. I have my suspicions about how that particular set of data would be skewed, but I could be wrong.

Considering this is by the author of Prunus Girl there's not even a real reason to believe that it's definitely not going to be yuri. It's just par for the course around here anymore for some reason. Most of the on-going series threads are filled with inane complaints, often the same complaints over and over and over despite the fact people keep repeatedly explaining why their complaints are invalid. (And thus proving that those complaining can't even be bothered to read the thread.)

9020bea3a3cd0354c95399402120ae64
joined May 19, 2016

It looks super interesting but the one thing everyone hates is waiting for the next chapter TT_TT

joined Oct 4, 2016

I mean, I've read some comments saying that, in this setting, a vampire's blood preference is linked to their sexual preference, and Slacker Vampire Mentor Dude outright says drinking blood feels like sexual pleasure for both parties... Sure, that means Irie is confirmed super gay, and that's great, that's what we're all here for, but it also means that Slacker Vampire targeted her because he was attracted to her, and basically got off on drinking her blood. So as much as I sympathise with people who are tired of folks whining whenever there's a trace of dudes in their yuri, I kinda feel like discomfort about Slacker Vampire is a little more warranted in this case?

I think that Slacker Vampire Guy has to be a guy for the simple reason that the story is about Irie's relationship with Nana (and maybe her other classmates). If Slacker Vampire Guy was, instead, Slacker Vampire Girl, then we'd be wondering why Irie wasn't hooking up with Slacker Vampire Girl. By making him a guy in a yuri manga, the author is effectively removing him from the field of play, freeing up Irie to be gay as shit.

I get that we're supposed to view him as harmless, and that the author is trying to encourage us to think of him as harmless by having Irie disregard him completely, but literally the first thing he did in the story was establish himself as not harmless at all? Like, if he really was harmless, then there wouldn't even be a story in the first place.

Someone had to turn Irie into a bloodsucking fiend of the night. If it'd been a girl vampire, it would've complicated the yuri romantic picture. Hence: Comic Relief Dude Vampire.

To reply you must either login or sign up.