Forum › Lemonade discussion

joined May 10, 2013

i hate to see jerky male in Yuri tag .....

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

In some parts of Japan younger school-kids have to wear helmet's on the way to and from school. To protect them from road accidents or earthquakes I guess.

I've seen this in elementary school settings, but never middle school. In what areas do they do this? It seems like it's mostly rural areas. Kind of curious.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Just read chapters 4-7 and I keep wondering: Is this really a yuri series?

Because all chapters until now are about that Keita guy. The main characters are the girls but he seems to be the focal point of the story - the only topic in all their conversations. Keita-senpai this, Keita-senpai that.

Maybe I am too impatient but to me it is a little vexing.

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 8:50AM

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Is this really a yuri series?

I really hate that question a bit more every time it pops up, so excuse me if I'm coming of a bit harsh here: This isn't a new series. I obviously have the book. So what's even the alternative here? That this is actually a straight romance and we are putting literally dozens of hours into an elaborate troll? Yeah, that doesn't sound like a waste of time at all.

Yes, you are being too impatient, we just got through the setup. If you really can't tell yet where this story will go, you should in the next chapter.

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 11:05AM

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Sorry if that question annoys you - but after the recent chapters for me it was just the first thing that sprung to mind. It's like the story purposely tries to fail the Bechdel Test. And as for me I consider that bad writing - even more considering this ought to be a yuri story, where I would expect them to at least have one or two dialogues without them reverting back to the topic of Keita-senpai.

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 12:01PM

joined Dec 29, 2013

Huh? You mean all stories don't start out with blatant yuri overtones meant solely to cater to slower people so they can understand what they're reading?
God forbid a series actually takes more than five pages to set up it's back story and premise.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

Purposely trying to misunderstand me? I have no problem with them taking their time to set up a story. They don't have to start with fullblown yuri either. But why does EVERY dialogue of them somehow or the other revolve around that guy?

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 12:25PM

joined Dec 29, 2013

It's like the story purposely tries to fail the Bechdel Test.
And as for me I consider that bad writing.
even more considering this ought to be a yuri story

That's kind of exactly what you're saying.
And in case you forgot, you're only 24 pages. That's about a single chapter for normal series'.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

That little? I thought chapter 7 ended with Page 58?

And for the little rant - don't take everything that seriously. It is just something that bothered me especially with the recent chapters. Something I wanted to voice directly after reading them. Let us just leave it at that.

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 12:57PM

joined Dec 29, 2013

8 x 7 !=58
And 56 pages is still only two chapters. Also, if you had taken a moment to read the synopsis you'd know why he gets so much focus.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm well, I still don't like that Keita guy, is like what I said before, he isn't bad but he is a moron like no one... She doesn't have any obligation to deal with him, but feels like that cute childhood's friendship is going to get really bad until it starts to advance to... love.

And I feel bad for Youko, looks like the only people who understand how she feels are us, the readers!

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 1:13PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Is this really a yuri series?

I really hate that question a bit more every time it pops up, so excuse me if I'm coming of a bit harsh here: This isn't a new series. I obviously have the book. So what's even the alternative here? That this is actually a straight romance and we are putting literally dozens of hours into an elaborate troll? Yeah, that doesn't sound like a waste of time at all.

Yes, you are being too impatient, we just got through the setup. If you really can't tell yet where this story will go, you should in the next chapter.

Without your comment i would have mistaken it as a non-yuri series. It just has that "feel" to it.

I can understand why yuri fans are a bit more careful. Wouldn't be the first time that we got fooled ;)

joined Jan 20, 2014

Why is it so bad if us yuri fans get worried if it's not a yuri? It's already freaking 7 chapters in and i'm only getting straight vibes and it's kind of a bummer when we already don't have that much yuri to go around. Sorry if I don't want to get my hopes up and waste my time on reading shit that doesn't interest me. I take my yuri seriously damn it!!!!

joined Dec 29, 2013

I hear YURI PROJECT does a lot hetero romance stuff.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ugh, knowing ahead of time that 4-7 will continue to revolve around that ass with no yuri at all yet, it really makes me not want to read further. It's been sort of painful the first three chapters, watching Youko being disrespected and her feelings pushed aside by pretty much everyone. Not sure I'm in a big hurry to read four more of the same.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It's yuri, you shouldn't ask more out of it. You all knew where you were getting first time you read it in your first, second or third series/one-shots.

When yuriproject finishes it new readers will have a way better time jumping over the stuff they don't like. At least it was like that for me with other finished series. In the worst cases I skipped entire chapters.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ugh, knowing ahead of time that 4-7 will continue to revolve around that ass with no yuri at all yet, it really makes me not want to read further. It's been sort of painful the first three chapters, watching Youko being disrespected and her feelings pushed aside by pretty much everyone. Not sure I'm in a big hurry to read four more of the same.

I ask you to keep reading, "not yuri at all" is not quite right, you will understand if you read it and apart from that guy you have the fun factor, new characters and Youko isn't being teased as you imagine, she found new friends and now she understand a lot more things. so please, don't let it bother you. See for yourself.

joined Aug 24, 2013

... I take my yuri seriously damn it!!!!

That made me go rofl!
And yeah that Keita douchebag is really asking for kick in the face :D
Oh and all that hetero/SoL stuff is a little irritating, but if it's a slow and steady development between... um... I guess Mako and Youko. That will be worth it!

P.S. Oh and good job Youko for not going to tennis club! :)

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 2:10PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Gotta say this is not entertaining at all (for me). Maybe I'll just wait for it to finish so I can skim through it fast to get to the good part.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I do have to say that the forced focus on Keita and the tennis club is a bit... odd.

Even if you leave aside the yuri stuff, he's basically been nothing but a jerk to her (intentionally or otherwise) and she's shown literally no interest in joining the tennis club. Despite this, literally every conversation (or at least enough to feel that way) has been about how she should join the tennis club and how he's really not that bad. It just seems so forced, almost like the authors trying to convince us that Youko is actually the one who's in the wrong.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

if you haven't seen any yuri set up at all yet by chapter 7 you need to reread, it's there in a few spots that i saw. even possibly for a return back of feelings from maki by the way she reacted to the boy classmate. and now that she's finally in her own club the tennis pushing should stop. although unfortunately with youko's antagonism and maki's interest in him, conversations on keita will probably continue to be focus :/

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You have some powerful x-ray yuri goggles.

Picartoprofile2
joined Mar 9, 2013

You have some powerful x-ray yuri goggles.

lol.. I agree with you.. cuz only with really powerfull x-ray yuri googles to see yuri when all they talk about is that annoying guy..

I am only reading it cuz I trust yuriproject on that yuri tag lol but these past 7 chapters haven't really been enjoyable.. only the part in which maki defends youko in the 7th..but right after that I got that bad ending T_T

Anyway.. well done youko for not joining the tennis club XD I really liked that other senpai haha she seems nice..
and what is it with everyone defending that damn jerk of a guy anyway? jeez

last edited at Jan 20, 2014 6:15PM

Akari
joined Apr 16, 2013

How is this yuri, exactly?

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

Geez, I just can't stand to read every single time when this guy gets dialogues or when they mention him. He's just an asshole.

I'm just reading this 'cause it's from Yuriproject, but so far it wasn't been enjoyable at all, and the ending of chapter 7 doesn't improve it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.