Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

It's funny how Subaru and Tsukasa have the same 'OH SHIT' expressions from time to time. I guess it proves that they are really siblings. It's cute.
I guess I understand Katooka's desire to blow up her friendship with the other two. I mean she's hurting. And I know when something hurts, it's just so damn exhausting to continue putting up with it .

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Ugh this dude is the worst.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Little bro is about to get busted! (I know they're twins, but I can't help but think of Subaru as the "little" one.)

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 10:37AM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Shiratori (or shall I say Tsukasa, lol) you blockhead... When you basically confess and the other person doesn't get it, FeelsBadMan

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 12:00PM

joined May 7, 2015

I seriously love all the characters here. They all are really nicely positioned and I love reading every chapter.
Btw, I would be happier if I see characters expressing their love to each other more directly. In case of Washio, I barely feel any sense of deep emotion toward Kotooka. It could be because of her nature ... but anyway it feels like something is missing.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 12:00PM

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Explosion of trouble in 3...2...1...

S-l225
joined Jun 28, 2016

Oooopps .... Explosion in T-minus 5 .. 4 .. 3

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

A tomboy is the kind of kid who runs around, climbs trees, gets dirty and covered with leaves, rides bicycles no hands and stuff. So in that sense even if Nadeshiko has masculine qualities, she's not "tomboyish".

Tsukasa is a tomboy and Nadeshiko is a prince xD

I really need more series with reverse GB I say reverse as in the "reverse" harem there are too few series (worth watching/reading) with a tomboy/prince-like girl :c and too many brainless/hentai/ecchi series with guys turning into hot oppai girls that the first thing they do is touch themselves xD

Well . . . let's face it. For most teenage boys, if they turned into a girl what's the first thing they'd do?

Be consumed by visceral horror and discomfort at finding themselves in a completely alien body that is totally divorced from their self image? You know, what trans people generally do.

Kids these days are so angsty. In my day nothing, and I mean NOTHING, stopped teenage kids from focusing on sex. All that stuff could have waited until one found out what it's like for the other side.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 12:31PM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn Washio is about to go Crazy! o_o but she secretly took photos of Tsukasa at soccer practice (≧∇≦)Kyaa~ Almost got busted too (OvO) I just want them all to be happy ('Y_Yo) I hope Tsukasa finds out her feelings soon before Katooka explode her feelings!

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 12:50PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Talking about gender benders, two comes to mind, who don't have a comedy take on the "magic sex change" :

Ame Nochi Hare : about five boys who suddenly turn into girls when it rains. This manga is about understanding themselves and also the "other side".

Shishunki Bitter Change : about two 8yo kids, a boy and a girl, who swap body after a fall. 7 years later, they are STILL swapped and have to learn and accept body changes, the loss of their family, the loss of their identity and that they are growing up "in the wrong body". Changing gender didn't change they romantic preferences. How they cope with this is the main plot point. Warning : this was previously published on the web, where it ended, and the end is tragic. And bitter. I hope the manga version will end differently.

These two series make the "gender bender" genre shine.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I freaking loved Kotooka this chapter. She unconsciously wants Tsukasa to find out about her feelings. Also, Subaru is on some deep shit right now. I think Asakura hasn't found out about him crossdressing on future chapters so, it would be interesting to see how Subaru handles the situation right now.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 1:39PM

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

That look on Subaru's face though...

joined Feb 15, 2013

Katooka, the unrequited love girl, is the cutest this chapter. Don't know how long has she been watching Shiratori from afar in that empty class room. Probably for last whole year? But it seems she is really head-over-heel over our chibi heroine.

Unlike the other two, it seems only her can't stand the status-quo. Might be because she knew more.

Meanswhile, airhead is scary. Shiratori was hitting home-run after home-run on Katooka with her comments

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Frankly, if this doesn't end with Katooka and Shiratori I don't know what am gonna do... I wonder how many chapters we'll get, this one might be the trigger for the climax or the phase 2.
If the author introduces a new character (a bad one for a change), then the ride will never end.

joined Feb 23, 2016

That look on Subaru's face though...

You Mean both of them (≧∇≦) both Subaru and Tsukasa makes the same face (≧∇≦)hahaha~

Tumblr_mtwo712sgg1rn6guto1_500a
joined Jul 4, 2014

Aaahhh... Kotooka TT TT

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

God this can only end in a massive orgy or a massive bloodbath....... or some mixture of the two.

joined Nov 13, 2016

God this can only end in a massive orgy or a massive bloodbath....... or some mixture of the two.

You mean like having a threesome while all of them are menstruating at the same time?

Yuno
joined Jun 27, 2016

Well that's going to be a complicated situation for her twin brother. ^_^'

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

As much as I want the three have them to reach a happy ending, I can't really imagine a perfect triangle relationship at this point in time. Kotooka doesn't like Washio romantically. Washio doesn't look at Tsukasa that way either, and same with Tsukasa towards Kotooka.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Tsukasa x Kotooka ending, but perhaps that's just because we barely see anything from Washio's perspective. Everything up until now has been about Tsukasa and Kotooka (ever since volume 2).

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

As much as I want the three have them to reach a happy ending, I can't really imagine a perfect triangle relationship at this point in time. Kotooka doesn't like Washio romantically. Washio doesn't look at Tsukasa that way either, and same with Tsukasa towards Kotooka.

I've got my fingers crossed for a Tsukasa x Kotooka ending, but perhaps that's just because we barely see anything from Washio's perspective. Everything up until now has been about Tsukasa and Kotooka (ever since volume 2).

I'm with you here. I used to be a huge WashioxTsukasa supporter, but ever since seeing Kotooka's real feelings, its hard to root against her. She's the one who's struggling the worst since she has to bring herself to like guys for the sake of not being called weird or abnormal and she also has to see how much of an idiot her crush is by not noticing her real feelings for her.

I still think this could only end with one of them being hearbroken by the one they like, who that character is still unknown, but i noticed that the theme this series have so far is that no matter what you do someone ends up hurt one way or another.

joined Jun 13, 2014

Can someone please explain the story im so confused about Mikage and all that stuff !

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm with you here. I used to be a huge WashioxTsukasa supporter, but ever since seeing Kotooka's real feelings, its hard to root against her. She's the one who's struggling the worst since she has to bring herself to like guys for the sake of not being called weird or abnormal and she also has to see how much of an idiot her crush is by not noticing her real feelings for her.

I still think this could only end with one of them being hearbroken by the one they like, who that character is still unknown, but i noticed that the theme this series have so far is that no matter what you do someone ends up hurt one way or another.

Kotooka's hurting because she knows the full story between her friends, which really sucks because now she feels that she alone has to make an executive decision that may or may not put their entire friendship at stake. And it's made even worse by the fact that if Kotooka tries to seek help from her friends, she's afraid it'll make everything that they've built up just crumble to the ground. It's an incredibly tough position to be in, especially at an age where they're starting to discover a new range of emotions and learning to treasure their friendships.

I can't blame Kotooka for acting the way she has. She is stuck between a rock and a hard place because she WANTS to be selfish and make her feelings known, but she knows she can't because it might end up hurting everyone else. What we're seeing in the recent chapters is Kotooka taking a huge risk and trying to talk to her friends about it so she can finally feel at ease... but of course, Subaru and Asakura came along and will probably ruin it (I haven't read the next chapters up until 19, so I don't know what happens after chapter 11).

What I'm bothered by the most is the fact that we've seen so little of Washio's perspective in all of this. We don't know how exactly she views Tsukasa, or what she likes so much about Kotooka (in detail). I personally don't care about Washio's character as it is because she is the one I can connect with the least. Hopefully this is explored in later chapters, but if not... Tsukasa x Kotooka incoming? ;)

In any case, you're right. This manga seems to be heavily focused on the theme of losing something. Subaru is slowly losing sight of his sister, while the three girls are all afraid of doing something that may detriment their friendship. I feel like Asakura's feelings for Tsukasa might also have something to do with it, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Also, I wonder whose thought bubbles these belong to: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/nanashi_no_asterism_ch11#19 (up until page 21)

It says:
"Ah... This is it. It's this sort of feeling. She and I have always joked around like this. That's what feels comfortable..."

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 5:55PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

That moment you know you're screwed... he opened his eyes so wide lmao xD

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

You know I would respect the hell out of this series if they go the hardcore realistic depressing route. Like someones' bottled up emotions expload causing an incident that breaks up the group or they somehow keep this balancing act going until they graduate. Than they drift apart after several years. Than in the last chapter they get together for some school reunion and it reveals that they each found a different way to cope for their messed up love triangle. Like one found a decent guy and preoccupied herself with raising a family, another just kinda broke down and took to sleeping with every woman under the sun, and the last one buried her feelings in work.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 5:58PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.