Forum › I’m Not Saying I’m Not Into It, But discussion

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

densha_dan posted:
Edit: Reading through the comments has left me with the impression that stating one's preference for a ship other than the one depicted is considered shipping war BS, but expressing one's distaste for a ship not depicted is alright. Did I miss something?

Well, I think the first difference is that them expressing their distaste was nowhere near as aggressive as the one in the first page. Second, I think that there's a big difference when you go into a discussion thread about a certain ship only to say that you prefer another one as opposed to discussing why you think the dynamic, etc. of the ship shown is what you prefer over something else. I mean, the discussion was more about what was depicted in the show, and the dynamic of a tsun x tsun pairing more than the specific pairing of nicomaki anyway.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:25AM

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

your waifu is shit

216139_4178547737_8655_n%20resize%202
joined Jul 29, 2015

densha_dan posted:
Edit: Reading through the comments has left me with the impression that stating one's preference for a ship other than the one depicted is considered shipping war BS, but expressing one's distaste for a ship not depicted is alright. Did I miss something?

Well, I think the first difference is that them expressing their distaste was nowhere near as aggressive as the one in the first page. Second, I think that there's a big difference when you go into a discussion thread about a certain ship only to say that you prefer another one as opposed to discussing why you think the dynamic, etc. of the ship shown is what you prefer over something else. I mean, the discussion was more about what was depicted in the show, and the dynamic of a tsun x tsun pairing more than the specific pairing of nicomaki anyway.

Fair enough. Presentation does matter.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

I don't know, aside from the art, I couldn't like this one bit, I don't care about the pairing, it's just, that 'being so forceful it looks like rape' thing, even if she 'was enjoying it'... Yeah, not for me.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 1:27AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LumberingCrane posted:

densha_dan posted:

Simple. It is thread about X ship, so there is no point posting stuff like "I prefer Y ship instead" or "It was good but I still like Y more". Who cares. You read X ship story, so you either clearly liked it/didn't mind or you just wanted a reason to complain that it isn't your preferred paring which isn't constructive and doesn't lead to anywhere. Later discussion about parings happened only because of those few people that were simply arguing and insulting each other over which ship is only true ship and that you can't like other. I agree it isn't place to discus differences between ships, since it is thread about Rin x Maki work, but I can totally understand why some people are sick with that kind of shallow and pointless arguments. I had idea before to make a thread where people can give their favorite ships and discus why they like them and what make them good, but I concluded it will either turn out into one big ship wars thread looking at amount of people who worship their ships and consider them "canon" and such or people will simply keep on posting their favorite ships (and probably 90% of it will be like the most popular ones) without any discussion going on. So either way doing it felt pointless.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the other issue with a thread like that is that it would necessarily be so general I can't see it holding people's interest for long, unless it devolved into big arguments which wouldn't be any better. I've thought about similar stuff, but I haven't come up with any idea that actually works.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

but I concluded it will either turn out into one big ship wars thread looking at amount of people who worship their ships and consider them "canon" and such or people will simply keep on posting their favorite ships (and probably 90% of it will be like the most popular ones) without any discussion going on. So either way doing it felt pointless.

Oh, I definitely feel like this is what's gonna happen. Good call on not making it.

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

Hello there. My first post here - I just want to say how much I appreciate the mods' works, especially Nezchan here, to keep a look out on ship wars comments and other train wreck. Another note for funny censoring. I've been a silent reader here for months, and I've seen so many ship wars in LL! fandom. It honestly drives me insane, but anyway.

I actually like this doujin. I'm open to any pairings in LL! + Sunshine, even like everyone x everyone (though if you want to know, I like honokaharem and chikaharem the most). For the one-sided sexual action (one person pleasuring the other), I actually like it as well. It can be a good step for the other to open up more to their lover and learn...stuffs, also to show more sincere love (as I take it).

For the ships discussion thread, I honestly don't think it is a good idea. As the reason stated there, it can start a big ship war. Sometimes, even I have no idea what's so good about my ships (that are mostly cracks), so I can't give reasons (laughs). If you like it, then you like it. If you hate it, then you hate it. I take it as simple as that.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Nico%204
joined May 26, 2015

For the one-sided sexual action (one person pleasuring the other), I actually like it as well. It can be a good step for the other to open up more to their lover and learn...stuffs, also to show more sincere love (as I take it).

I see where you're coming from, and I don't mind that either, what I don't like is that way-too-forceful attitude that drives the other person into a corner. Even if the other says it was enjoyable, what was most likely enjoyable was the sex itself and not the way the sex was forcefully started. And I know it's not rape, but it starts almost like it, the difference being they're dating.

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:11PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Hello there. My first post here - I just want to say how much I appreciate the mods' works, especially Nezchan here, to keep a look out on ship wars comments and other train wreck.
Thanks a lot for your hard work.

Yep, 100% agree. I know I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I always really appreciate the stuff the mods do, drudging through pages and pages of comments and making sure nothing gets too out of hand.

I'm open to any pairings in LL! + Sunshine, even like everyone x everyone

Same! I actually got into LL and LL!SS from Dynasty, reading mostly mainpair doujins. But watching the source material really expanded my horizons, and now I ship anything. Honestly, everyone is cute, so I don't see why we should argue over certain ships when everyone looks good together. 3Ps are also very good.

For the ships discussion thread, I honestly don't think it is a good idea. As the reason stated there, it can start a big ship war.

Also agree. Some people just can't get over the fact that some people don't like their OTP.
And congratulations on your first post! clap clap clap

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

I see where you're coming from, and I don't mind that either, what I don't like is that way-too-forceful attitude that drives the other person into a corner. Even if the other says it was enjoyable, what was most likely enjoyable was the sex itself and not the way the sex was forcefully started. And I know it's not rape, but it starts almost like it, the difference being they're dating.

Of course, people's preferences and views are different. There is nothing wrong with that. I found her forcefulness quite dangerous as well, but I also found her akin to a child that has to get what she wants whatever it takes, which is quite refreshing and cute. And I'm sure Maki can punish her later for her bad attitudes (whatever the punishment is, up to your imagination).

And congratulations on your first post! clap clap clap

Thank you! (laughs awkwardly)

joined May 4, 2013

It's kinda weird having people debate over another person's preference in lovers, even if this is made for the masses.. Me being too introverted probably

joined Apr 25, 2015

But Rin does look more like a guy, she even had whole arc about that insecurity so I have no idea what you are complaining about. Unless you change her hairstyle and give her big boobs, Rin will look more manlish, it's not going to suddenly change.

For me, Rin was too pushy in this manga. While Maki does enjoy it, she still is extremely tired and it does not look like Rin cares about it. However, if she keeps that up, that tiredness could cause some serious health damage. Rin was being selfish, she needs to restrain herself and Maki should give her a taste of her own medicine so she would realize what she is doing.

Saying "I love you" while causing slow damage to your partners health does not seem to combine well. Personally really hate it when people show their love through sex. That's not love, that's obsession. Sex is good in healthy doses when both parties are fully into it. Not when one of them is about to drop dead from exhaustion and repeatedly says no.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

And the above comment is why I said stop, it was obviously a trainwreck in action. You get a day off from the forums for your trouble, Mizusi.

Yeah, the "trouble" of fucking participating in a discussion about the involved title while a couple retards apparently can't distinguish just assuming something from making an assertive, official claim/statement regarding the series' nature. Good grief.

At least the art was okay.

Okay, you want another day off for being insulting and aggressive. I can do that for you.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Nez's banhammer seems to be working well these days.
Someone's telling me it has always been..

Guys, chill out ! I don't want hatred in my beloved Dynasty forum.

last edited at Nov 26, 2016 7:27PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

The sex in this oneshot feels so forced. I mean there is where a person is enjoying but tries to deny it.

But in this case, it feels like she is barely enjoying. I saw people complaining about 'Summer heat' being forced and unemotional but this is even worse than that.

Not only it is unemotional but also unenjoyable.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yeah I couldn't get into this one. While it's not rape, I really hate pushy partners. If she says she doesn't want to continue because she's too tired and has work/school the next day, respect her wishes and stop. Don't just pleasure her until she's too horny again to not say no.

Tumblr_madda8svpi1rf3rn4o1_500
joined Jul 6, 2016

Don't know why Maki didn't fight extreme horniness with extreme horniness :P

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I'm a guy and I don't liked being stereotyped, so could everyone cut it out?

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

What are u talking about?

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

What are u talking about?

Several commenters have attributed Rin's pushy attitude about sex in this doujin to how male characters often act in hentai stories

A55
joined Feb 20, 2016

this thread was almost as entertaining as the doujin. thank you nezchan for being such an amazing mod <3 you're the best!

maki and nozomi's conversation was seriously adorable, and although i was kinda iffy about rin at the start, i think it ended up still being pretty cute. (i also really enjoyed the 'babe' translation, i love that as a pet name personally)

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

i always all maki x rin stuff, but this time i get annoyed at pushy rin

Avatartumblr_mpvg8jhf141s7jg4vo1_500
joined Apr 9, 2014

Damn, shipping wars really are everywhere. I don't really get why people have to be so aggressive about this. Although I do have an OTP in LL! (NozoEli), I don't mind if people have different preferences than me. Can't we all just respect each other?

Anyway, about the doujin. I didn't like the way Rin was so pushy about it. When someone asks you to stop, you stop. Proceeding any further against their will is classified as rape, even if they seem to be "enjoying" it. Hell, haven't you guys seen millions of women protesting around the world with posters that read "No means no" and stuff like that? Women are raped because of this idea that we don't mean what we say ("she says no but she actually wants it").

Also, on the futa thing: I honestly dislike it because I see it as a fetish and not as a representation of trans people. That being said, I'm glad that someone pointed out on this thread that gender and biological sex are two different things. Don't be transphobic, people.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Also, on the futa thing: I honestly dislike it because I see it as a fetish and not as a representation of trans people.

What the dark skin tag?

To reply you must either login or sign up.