Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

For%20dyansty
joined Jan 11, 2016

So I WANT this to have a triad ending but I'm expecting an inconclusive non-end where the status quo reigns.

I think it would end the same way the trio from Kindred Spirits ended, with Tsukasa and Washio together and Kotooka as the person who help them be together. It's way too obvious that its going that route tbh. The hints about Washio's first love wearing a lame takoyaki shirt, hints about Tsukasa looking like a little boy in her younger days and her taste for food in her apparel and the part about Kotooka being the only one who understand the feelings of both of her friends.

No, in the later chapters (the raws),it was shown that the takoyaki kid was a real guy lol, and he was the one who made Nadeshiko wears pigtails now.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Hey, nice Yuzuriha profile picture. ;) I haven't gotten around to playing Aki-hen yet (too lazy, but I know how it ends at least since I shamelessly skipped to the end, LOL). I'm still patiently waiting for Fuyu-hen to come out.

She's my favorite character in the whole Flowers series, so i'm kinda ecstatic to finally play as her in the third game. I haven't played it either lol, i just found a bunch of images of her from the third one in some forum and couldn't help but to use one as my profile pic. I have only played the first 2 and i was barely able to play the second one with the help of a friend since my japanese sucks ass at the moment lol.

Anyway...

I was going to make this brief, but I ended up writing the summary of the whole chapter (minus the last couple pages).

• Chapter 19 summary

Damn, thanks a lot for going into such detail, i feel like i already read the chapter by just reading your summary. I really appreciate it.

Anyways, it seems that my suspitions were true. Kotooka goes back to her awful self in future chapters, which is a shame since i was warming up to her right now. It's also a shame that in 19 chapters, there hasn't been any kind of tease of what the end game is going to be.

BTW, Is it true that she tells glasses kid that Tsukasa already has someone she likes? If so, why the hell does she does it? Was she getting jealous of him? Was she inadvertently helping her out with Washio? Why am i asking so many questions?

No, in the later chapters (the raws),it was shown that the takoyaki kid was a real guy lol, and he was the one who made Nadeshiko wears pigtails now.

Thats lame, why the hell hint at Tsukasa's tomboyish looks as a kid and awful food apparel if it leads to absolutely nothing?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Kal3d - Wish I could answer those questions, but I haven't read anything before between the latest released translated chapter and chapter 19. :( I haven't went out of my way to look for other raws either (since I never feel motivated to back track once I've read the ending/the most recent chapter).

Kotooka has her reasons for behaving so childishly. For one, she's probably like, 13-14 years old (if it's September by chapter 19, that is), haha. The poor girl has kept everything to herself out of fear that she will lose everything if she doesn't. It's been like this for what, the whole series now? Kotooka's thoughts are often so conflicting and I guess that really tires her out.

While Kotooka has feelings for Tsukasa, she clearly values their three-way friendship way more. Kotooka somehow seems to dislike herself for having these feelings for Tsukasa for this reason and it hurts me to see her suffer. :( It looks to me that Kotooka can't help but want to make Tsukasa happy, but she also doesn't want to do things that make her happy because her feelings might cause a wedge between the three of them. That's the first contradiction I observed.

The second one, to me, seems like Kotooka does not want to lose Tsukasa or be isolated by the both of her friends, but she also wants them to be happy together.

Finally, the third and most important one is that Kotooka says that she wants the three of them to remain friends, but she is also the one who is constantly doing little things that threaten to tear them all apart. Somehow, it feels like she is the one who has the least faith in the strength of their friendship.

I think because Kotooka is in a position of great responsibility and with her personality, she can really come off as a detestable character. I personally really like her, for what it's worth. I hope she gets a happy ending. :'(

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 5:06AM

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011
joined Jan 18, 2016

@Seira - thank you for the summary. Just wanted to knowif it's still yuri in the latest chapter.

I liked the series, and i'm not even bothered by the guys in it. When i first heard about the 'siscon' brother, and about main girl having a boyfriend spoiled in /u/, i was wary about the series, but having read these, it wasn't that big of a deal for me, seems like the usual /u/ overreacted response over male presence.

Though of course, since this series was clearly yuri right from the get go, i was expecting that it ended in yuri, I dont care if it goes in polyamory ending, or just the two of them dating where one have to suffer. If it ended in the usual friendship resolution, or even worse, moved on their feeling by being het, the author needs to get kicked in the balls.

Favorite character so far would be Kotooka for me as well, because she was so flawed. I loved flawed character, because most of the time they're the one who feels more 'human' than the rest, so its easier to relate to such character.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

what is glasses man plotting

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

God I need to stop reading love triangle shit someone always gets hurt because monogamy is the only option and it's always always always a bittersweet end at best.

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

God I need to stop reading love triangle shit someone always gets hurt because monogamy is the only option and it's always always always a bittersweet end at best.

For stuff like this, I try to wait until it ends and read the ending first.

If it is a good ending, then I'll go back to the beginning and savor all the twists and turns that get us there.

If it is a bad ending, then I can drop it like a hot rock, keeping myself from wasting a lot of time and investiture, just to get angry when it is all done.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira - thank you for the summary. Just wanted to knowif it's still yuri in the latest chapter.

I liked the series, and i'm not even bothered by the guys in it. When i first heard about the 'siscon' brother, and about main girl having a boyfriend spoiled in /u/, i was wary about the series, but having read these, it wasn't that big of a deal for me, seems like the usual /u/ overreacted response over male presence.

Though of course, since this series was clearly yuri right from the get go, i was expecting that it ended in yuri, I dont care if it goes in polyamory ending, or just the two of them dating where one have to suffer. If it ended in the usual friendship resolution, or even worse, moved on their feeling by being het, the author needs to get kicked in the balls.

Favorite character so far would be Kotooka for me as well, because she was so flawed. I loved flawed character, because most of the time they're the one who feels more 'human' than the rest, so its easier to relate to such character.

For sure. It's still kind of yuri given the recent turn of events. I think the arc after chapter 19 is going to be super important, but it depends on how chapter 20 will turn out. Again, Tsukasa might end up learning a lot in this arc.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

@Seira I don't dislike her either, i just feel like she does these little things that would supposedly keep them stay together, but its doing quite the opposite sometimes. Like pushing Tsukasa too hard to date glasses kid, how in the actual hell would a boyfriend keep her friends together since one of them would be spending less time with the other two?

Things like that reasoning annoy the hell out of me. Of course, she has her reasons for acting like that, but i wished she just toned down on the stupidity from time to time. I do wish everyone in that group to get a happy ending too, but i feel that one of them won't have one.

joined Apr 28, 2016

I wish they would just talk about it, hell she even considered that it might be okay if they all knew. I know it is hard and scary just to talk about this situation and it might be messy but I would find it so refreshing if she just sat down with them and said "so we are in a love triangle and it is getting awkward so lets talk about it."

Tumblr_naq5w3cgrf1sbltxmo1_500
joined Jun 27, 2016

I feel like this series is going to end with all three of them just being friends and I don't know if I want that...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I feel like this series is going to end with all three of them just being friends and I don't know if I want that...

I can't see many people liking that. I mean, so far the struggles of the characters have felt real and to push the bullshit "Friendship its the best thing ever" ending would feel like the feelings they felt were nothing but misinterpretations of strong feelings of friendship.

I think this would end with one person sacrificing their own feelings for the sake of the one that person loves. When theres a love triangle, theres always a person that ends up with their feelings hurt and even though that sounds like a sad ending, it feels like a more appropriate ending for a series like this. At least, thats what i think so.

joined Jul 22, 2016

I still like Kotooka a lot.
But, dang, hopefully things don't degenerate to the point of: "Being Kotooka is suffering."

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Omg this chapter, i actually had an out loud oh my god moment with
Kotooka's eavesdropping, it was just too perfect

I really want Kotooka/Tsukasa end manga, but at the same time its hard because I REALLY like their friendship dynamic. The whole thing of Tsukasa pushing for those two to hang out together and Washio just getting pissed with her for doing it because she's excluding herself, and Washio pointing out that Kotooka is probably gonna pick up on things soon (having a good idea of what shes like) as well as Kotooka being annoyed that Washio has confided in Tsukasa because it makes everything more messed up and complicated - ARGH this is legit one of my fave mangas right now. They all know each other so well and genuinely care for each other a lot. A love-triangle that I'm so invested in is rare for me

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Damn, I really want Tsukasa x Washio together...

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Finally, another like-minded person in this thread.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

A het pairing in it?! And it feels natural and not forced?!

Niceeeee! My fav. OTP in the series!

I'm now more interested in that blond guy and his childhood friend than the main cast.

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

Thats lame, why the hell hint at Tsukasa's tomboyish looks as a kid and awful food apparel if it leads to absolutely nothing?

Tsukasa's tomboyish leading to why her brother siscon to her vol. 2 will focused on that.
seems like Kotooka has more depth than everyone expected.

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 4:16PM

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

What would throw us off is a bromance happening with little brother-chan and asakura-kun. Oh joy.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Finally, another like-minded person in this thread.

I've been wanting that for a while, mostly because they both are tomboys and I love it when tomboys get together. (being a tomboy, myself, I'm biased)

joined Feb 15, 2013

I think we all can agree that Tsukasa is the best through. Her goofy character was just so adorable.

Even during Kotooka-focused chapter 7, Tsukasa and her 'why do you need a small mirror, there is a big one in the bath room' or 'soccer practice is what make summer break so good' still shine over. No wonder more than half of the cast in this manga is after her

last edited at Nov 23, 2016 10:45PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I think we all can agree that Tsukasa is the best through. Her goofy character was just so adorable.

Even during Kotooka-focused chapter 7, Tsukasa and her 'why do you need a small mirror, there is a big one in the bath room' or 'soccer practice is what make summer break so good' still shine over. No wonder more than half of the cast in this manga is after her

omg yes, that was amazing, especially "why do you always need to look at your face" rofl, Tsukasa is best girl, I just need her to be happy
When Tsukasa snapped at Washio, I thought it was gonna be really dramatic, but I'm glad she held back for a minute and actually like Washio finish, that they actually worked out the misunderstanding/COMMUNICATED. They immediately resolved the "you don't need to do this for me" and stopped Tsukasa from isolating herself, it was nice.

When Tsukasa volunteered for gardening tho, my first thought was legit "oh no, that's so unsubtle, Kotooka's gonna notice" and she fucking did omg
Kotooka set it up so that Washio and Tsukasa would be alone, so she was obviously gonna eavesdrop, and having her also figure out that Tsukasa knows of Washio's feelings and can't refuse, damn, that is indeed sharp, it's impressive that she figured it out right away, or at least suspected it, before definitely confirming it. A level above knowing "who's in loves with who", is "who knows who's in love with who", especially because no one knows she figured it out/heard them. Kotooka's just getting more and more burdened and stressed about this know, I kinda feel bad about that.
Kotooka is the one with the most "control" and better grasp of their situation, but it's so harsh that it's putting a lot of pressure on her too, that, for having different values/beliefs, she's gonna have to set herself out to be the "antagonist" of the story to maintain the balance.

Love triangles are common plot points/themes, but it's nice that this series is based on a "perfect" love triangle, and rather than the angst, the drama has as much to do about "information". The importance and use of "knowledge". Kotooka knowing of everyone's feelings is interesting, but it's even better that no one knows that she knows. It gives her that edge over everyone else, since she sees right through them, especially because they believe otherwise/don't realise it.

joined Aug 4, 2014

Anime adaptation when

To reply you must either login or sign up.