Forum › Nanashi no Asterism discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Kal3d posted:

4noki posted:

I would read a soccer manga starring Tsukasa.
Argh, bishie glasses, please give up though.

I read "Mai ball" about soccer and the girls are pretty gay with each other.

I just google it and the art style looks fine, but it also looks like theres a male love interest right? Please tell me the girls don't fawn all over him like in your typical harem manga. Might give it a shot if thats not the case though.

Well, it's somehow a harem manga, and yeah, he's the "love interest". But strangely, the story is more about the relationships between the members of the harem than about the harem king, who's actually a minor character. And it's mainly about soccer too, not really focused on romance.

If you can't stand the presence of a male love interest, then I guess you can forget Mai Ball.

But the MC (Mai) has serious lesbian delusions. And the girls are drawn with hips and thighs fit for soccer players.

The presence of the male character is so light, it doesn't bother me. It's almost never about him at all.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Kal3d posted:

4noki posted:

I just google it and the art style looks fine, but it also looks like theres a male love interest right? Please tell me the girls don't fawn all over him like in your typical harem manga. Might give it a shot if thats not the case though.

Well, it's somehow a harem manga, and yeah, he's the "love interest". But strangely, the story is more about the relationships between the members of the harem than about the harem king, who's actually a minor character. And it's mainly about soccer too, not really focused on romance.

If you can't stand the presence of a male love interest, then I guess you can forget Mai Ball.

But the MC (Mai) has serious lesbian delusions. And the girls are drawn with hips and thighs fit for soccer players.

The presence of the male character is so light, it doesn't bother me. It's almost never about him at all.

Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all. I read Asterism and my favorite character is the siscon brother, so yeah, i can stand male characters quite well. What i can't stand is harem mangas that revolve around the guy and all the little "yuri" stuff that happens is to get the attention from said guy and has no actual value at all. Since you say thats not the case, i'll give it a shot.

joined Nov 18, 2016

Kal3d posted:

4noki posted:

Oh no, it doesn't bother me at all. I read Asterism and my favorite character is the siscon brother, so yeah, i can stand male characters quite well. What i can't stand is harem mangas that revolve around the guy and all the little "yuri" stuff that happens is to get the attention from said guy and has no actual value at all. Since you say thats not the case, i'll give it a shot.

I read the first 12 chapters, and so far, his presence is far from light. He becomes a coach of the team. And every girl on the team has a thing for him. the male is the reason that the female MC is even playing soccer. I'd say he has a large impact, and continues to have an impact (even when he's not in the chapter, like ch 33, I skipped ahead). She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.

Ava
joined Jan 24, 2015

idk, personally, I love this manga more and more each chapter.

Tsukasa matured a little bit, Kotooka got her first real glimpse of what her plan of making Tsukasa fall for someone to forget about her own feelings for her would actually feel like if it succeed, and tbh I've always thought that Washio is a joy to read about. I also love Subaru and Kyousuke said there's another reason why he liked Tsubasa, so even if the "I'm not gonna give up!" thing makes me want to roll my eyes, I'm not ready to write him off as a thorough jerk (and hopefully I won't have to, lol). I hope we'll get some sort of extra relevation about his feelings to give things more depth. He has time to grow up and I'll be happy to see him do just that.

Ultimately I think a lot of people would benefit from holding off and reading several chapters at once. I actually think the pace of the manga is quite good, but ymmv, of course!

As a disclaimer though, I gotta admit tbh a lot of my positive feelings about this manga come from previous spoilers in the thread and the fact that Hachimitsu is doing this, lol.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I read the first 12 chapters, and so far, his presence is far from light. He becomes a coach of the team. And every girl on the team has a thing for him. the male is the reason that the female MC is even playing soccer. I'd say he has a large impact, and continues to have an impact (even when he's not in the chapter, like ch 33, I skipped ahead). She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.

I knew it sounded too good to be true. I don't really dislike non-yuri manga, My Hero Academia, Shokugeki, Prison School and Jojo are a few of my current favorite mangas and theres zero yuri in those, but i do dislike harem mangas where everyone does everything for the male character's sake. Some harem manga like Monster Musume are decent since it feels more like a parody of the genre instead of being your run of the mill harem manga. But anyways, i'll better wait for a yuri soccer manga to arrive at some point. It's bound to happen at some point, since female soccer is on the rise popularity wise.

Ultimately I think a lot of people would benefit from holding off and reading several chapters at once. I actually think the pace of the manga is quite good, but ymmv, of course!

I think thats the best choice for me and anyone that feels that this series is getting to its destiny at a snails pace.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

They could have a threesome, problem solved.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

so after chapter 6, everything is back to chapter 1 ?
duh

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Aoi-chan posted:
She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.

I never said it was a yuri soccer manga. It's just that there's A LOT of girls, that their relationships are cute and while the male character has an impact, he's NOT the MC.

I like it not because of non-existent yuri (except some light teasing), but because the girls are cute and the soccer matches are interesting.

Really, it's a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" manga, ala K-on, but centered on soccer. Literally every character beside the coach is female. And you can guess from the beginning that if he ever gets with someone (he's not acting like a harem king character at all. He's not a blushing goody two-shoes) it will be with the MC. So the "romance" is not relevant at all in "Mai ball".

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I don't know but... I have this vague feeling that the real reason Asakura likes her is related to an incident that involves the brother. Maybe he saw the brother somewhere cross dressing as her. Well, I'm just trying to lighten it up lol would be terrible for him if he truly fell for the girl.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

For people who feel this is drawn out, did you even read Sasameki Koto? Now that is an exercise in patience.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

For people who feel this is drawn out, did you even read Sasameki Koto? Now that is an exercise in patience.

Well fuck
While I do appreciate this series idk if itd be interesting/good enough for 8-9 volumes
In fact, how did sasameki even reach that length? I binged it a year and a half ago, your sense of a series' chronological timelineand plot points gets kind of fuzzy when you read chapter after chapter x 50

joined Nov 18, 2016

Aoi-chan posted:
She has had delusions about him almost every chapter, kissed him and at least 1 chapter. And 1 yuri delusion so far. Personally, I like the manga, but if you are looking for a yuri soccer manga, you will be disappointed.

I never said it was a yuri soccer manga. It's just that there's A LOT of girls, that their relationships are cute and while the male character has an impact, he's NOT the MC.

I like it not because of non-existent yuri (except some light teasing), but because the girls are cute and the soccer matches are interesting.

Really, it's a "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things" manga, ala K-on, but centered on soccer. Literally every character beside the coach is female. And you can guess from the beginning that if he ever gets with someone (he's not acting like a harem king character at all. He's not a blushing goody two-shoes) it will be with the MC. So the "romance" is not relevant at all in "Mai ball".

Never said you said it was a yuri soccer manga, I wanted to clarify so Kal3d wouldn't get the wrong idea since you said they were pretty gay for each other. I do agree that the matches are interesting. Still, the girls liking the male does get enough attention from time to time, like in ch 33. It get so bad that that he has to do what he did in ch 30. shrug

I'm liking this manga, and it is turning into quite the love decahedron.

A3
joined Sep 18, 2016

Am I the only one who thinks that the bro' is in love with his sis'? °°"

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Ok, NOW it got interesting. A character manipulating the situation so that NOTHING ever happens? That's really refreshing

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Oh man, we veterans from the days of Sasameki Koto know the real meaning of "dragging out the plot"

joined Aug 14, 2015

Sasameki Koto is what I thought of when reading this manga, such a slow burn. Not that I dislike it.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh shit!
OH SHIT!!!
Washio's birthday is just a day before mine!!!!
Anyway, glad to see the second chapter finally released

Heart-Of-The-Earth
Nanofate%20feelz
joined Nov 6, 2013

Kotooka needs a hug and someone to tell her she isn't a bad person.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Anyway, glad to see the second chapter finally released

Wow, that's harsh, but it's perfect, I love it.

I tried to comment on the similarities between this drag and Sasameki Koto drag but ended up ranting about Kazama for so long it was just unhealthy. I'm just saying, though, Kotooka is at least slowing down the plot because she's afraid of change and doesn't see any good outcome for any of their feelings, she's not at a point where she knows everything will be great and she can fulfill her love any time she wants and can finally rescue her beloved from the awful purgatory she's languished in for years but just decides not to for no reason and would apparently rather leave town without ever saying anything at all than to actually do anything about the strictly favourable information she's learned. So she's at least got THAT going for her.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 9:04PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

They could have a threesome, problem solved.

THIS I HAVE BEEN SUGGESTING THIS WAYYY BACK BUT WE CAN'T JUST HAVE A CONSENSUS.

But well, the new chapter is interesting. Kotooka's character is developed even more, and it is surprised about how perceptive she is. Even her twisted character can be understandable. I think that she deserves more love from readers.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

Weirdly specific question, but the "I'm a Libra" line had an odd amount of emphasis. Is there some sort of meaning there, like that the Libra is known to match with a certain other sign, or that the other two's signs match and Libra doesn't? Just feels like a weird thing to have so much emphasis on when it could've just been a little side note.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Well, i'll be damned, this chapter was actually interesting for a change and Kotooka has managed to not be the worst for 2 chapters in a row now.

joined Sep 25, 2013

this is what i'm looking for.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

If only the author won't have wasted 4-5 chapter son that stupid boy.....

This is way more interesting and refreshing that those boring previous chapter.

joined Nov 13, 2016

Weirdly specific question, but the "I'm a Libra" line had an odd amount of emphasis. Is there some sort of meaning there, like that the Libra is known to match with a certain other sign, or that the other two's signs match and Libra doesn't? Just feels like a weird thing to have so much emphasis on when it could've just been a little side note.

Dude, see the chapter's title. See page 5 the chapter's title page. Her being a libra is to symbolize what her role is in their friendship. She is the balancer of the trio's feeling so none of them getting out of hand and break the other's heart.

...You do know that libra has scales as its symbol right?

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 9:55PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.