Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm convinced, you guys are ignoring Show by rock like me!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeah, I'll count on all the intentional subtext between them and believe that really isn't the case. I do believe Cocona was talking about romantic love in the bed. It's what makes more sense. People don't go out o their way like that to try to separate what is siblings love and friendship love.

I think I'm just a little paranoid because this is so far my favorite anime of the year and I wanted it to end perfectly, not screwing things up in the very end.

No I meant
That when Cocona asked if Papika meant platonic love, what if, the real answer of what kind of love Papika meant, is sisterly love? Like clearly we know what Cocona was really asking, but what if the REAL answer (considering that it's not really Papika speaking, but a manifestation from Pure Illusion) is siblings love? What if it's just really subtle foreshadowing from Pure Illusion?
Tho the way she voiced the "i love you" was "Cocona no koto suki dayo". I might be wrong, but I'm under the impression that it usually references to romantic love? I think I remember hearing a few confessions worded like that. Maybe that's why this time, unlike other times, (in ep 3, it was like "suki", and "daisuki", which from context/mood, sounds more casual?), Cocona actually asked to confirm if it was platonic love Papika meant. Because of the way it was worded, plus the mood, which wasn't as ambiguous as before?

Edit:
Or maybe actually, yeah okay, it's really exploring Cocona's own sexuality. When friends tell you they love you, you take the "platonic-ness" of it for granted, let's say >_> That Cocona actually asked. What's actually equally as interesting is Papika's reply, "why would you ask that?" It's like... do you think I could mean something more than just friends? Cocona felt like she was in a tight spot to me, or didn't really know what to answer. And then the next thing we know, Pure Illusion Papika no 48 proposes something not super platonic.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 11:29AM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

No I meant
That when Cocona asked if Papika meant platonic love, what if, the real answer of what kind of love Papika meant, is sisterly love? Like clearly we know what Cocona was really asking, but what if the REAL answer (considering that it's not really Papika speaking, but a manifestation from Pure Illusion) is siblings love? What if it's just really subtle foreshadowing from Pure Illusion?
Tho the way she voiced the "i love you" was "Cocona no koto suki dayo". I might be wrong, but I'm under the impression that it usually references to romantic love? I think I remember hearing a few confessions worded like that. Maybe that's why this time, unlike other times, (in ep 3, it was like "suki", and "daisuki", which from context/mood, sounds more casual?), Cocona actually asked to confirm if it was platonic love Papika meant. Because of the way it was worded, plus the mood, which wasn't as ambiguous as before?

I don't think this scene is that complex. To me it seemed obvious that it doesn't matter what Papika meant, but Cocona reaction. When Papika asked what Cocona meant, she didn't mean to say that Cocona didn't realized what kind of love she was using, but why Cocona was questioning her love at all. And that's a good hint that Cocona is really falling for Papika, but I don't see how this could be transformed into 'but Papika meant siblings love'. That wasn't Papika to begin with, but probably an image Cocona had of her. What would mean Cocona was questioning herself.

Pretty much all kinds of "I love you" in Japanese could mean either platonic or romantic love. That means "suki", "daisuki" and even "aishiteru". As far as I know, the only word that's exclusively romantic love is "koishiteru". And I don't remember it ever being used in animes. So no, the phrase she used could meant love as friends as much as every other time. The reason Cocona reacted different this time doesn't have anything to do with the way Papika said it. Actually, Papika always said that she loved Cocona, but never asked if Cocona loved her. Maybe that's why she never thought much about her feelings before.

Just realized I said the scene isn't that complex, but I'm making it complex with this analysis.
Oh well...

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

I'm convinced, you guys are ignoring Show by rock like me!

I'm not, its showing us the beauty of dog girl x cat girl interspecies love, the world needs to know it.

joined Oct 5, 2016

There's been some bits that make we wonder if Cocona and Papika have some greater connection, but "Cocona might be gay" has been a strong enough theme that I'm not too worried about it (seriously, that bit with dress Papika alone...)

My main fear for the show is actually that they'll never develop Papika beyond a generic manic pixie dream girl

It is kind of interesting just by itself though that Papika is a MPDG for another girl. Not something we get very often.

joined Sep 21, 2014

wtv, in case you didnt see it, i added an edit/extra paragraph to my last post

im looking wayy too much into it like you said, but im just worried tbh. And inb4 Salt is their father. Or seeking his lost wife and daughter/kids. Cocona realising she was the one lost in the end was interesting too. One part that leave me concerned tho, is how it started with Cocona reluctant to go back, and still waking up in Pure Illusion still. She really has no say in this... Ambiguously forceful...?

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 3:47PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

I saw the edit after having posted already. I do get it, I'm afraid of that too, after all, but it's most paranoid of my part. I don't really see signs of that happening.
Also, translation of a tweet made by a guy who saw the screening for episodes 8 and 9 (not really spoiler, but...) :
"Flip Flappers screening just ended! ep 8 and 9's special preview is like "seriously man, cut it out (Guts Pose)"... it's getting crazy so look forward to it. also, according to the director and the voice actresses, this anime really established itself to be a sort of divine being like the incarnation of yuri."

Now, if they really used the word "yuri", we might never know.

joined Sep 21, 2014

I saw the edit after having posted already. I do get it, I'm afraid of that too, after all, but it's most paranoid of my part. I don't really see signs of that happening.
Also, translation of a tweet made by a guy who saw the screening for episodes 8 and 9 (not really spoiler, but...) :
"Flip Flappers screening just ended! ep 8 and 9's special preview is like "seriously man, cut it out (Guts Pose)"... it's getting crazy so look forward to it. also, according to the director and the voice actresses, this anime really established itself to be a sort of divine being like the incarnation of yuri."

Now, if they really used the word "yuri", we might never know.

Hey can you link me tweets/accounts? I heard that the director/someone important confirms the yuri references or whatever, I want to see them *-*

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

https://mobile.twitter.com/numagasa/status/799618623132213248
This tweet is the one above. It's just a fan talking about the screening.

You probably meant this one:
https://mobile.twitter.com/binobinobi/status/784795128900706304
This is the anime director, and writer of this last episode.

Also, Ayana Yunico: https://mobile.twitter.com/unicococ
She's credited as Story Concept and wrote five of the first episodes. She's also a openly yuri fan girl.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally got to sit down and watch the new Flip Flappers (I usually go out grocery shopping on Thursdays), gotta agree it's a real trip. But as expected for halfway through the season we're starting to get more concrete hints of what it's all about. I think the "Doorway to Hell" thing was conjecture to a degree, since she really doesn't have information either, she just knows the same as Buu, it's dangerous.

Not sure about Laptop Guy, maybe he's some part of Salt that's been trapped in Pure Illusion? I keep coming back to the image in the opening of Salt in the chair with a child curled up behind him, but nobody in the series matches with them. Maybe this guy?

Can't wait for Yayaka's sudden but inevitable betrayal of Cosplay Big Fire, taking the wonder twins with her. Y'all know it's coming, probably around ep. 10. Callin' it now.

Regarding Senpai, I believe they actually took away that part of her history, or at least the trauma of it, so what we're seeing is what she'd be like if none of that happened and contributed to who she is as a person. I was a bit puzzled by the reaction to her tossing out old paintings, since that's kind of a thing some artists do.

As to the main topic of conversation, I insist that both of them are gay as hell and refuse to believe otherwise.

Yay! I get to type in black bars too!

joined Feb 15, 2013

For January release, also look out for School Girls Strikers as well, which potentially to be very gay (but depend heavily on which part of the game they animate and which characters is focused on-screen, as there are 35 girls in there now ).

There are a couple of OTP in there, but once again, it depends on how Square Enix is planning with it.

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 10:20PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

For January release, also look out for School Girls Strikers as well, which potentially to be very gay (but depend heavily on which part of the game they animate and which characters is focused on-screen, as there are 35 girls in there now ).

There are a couple of OTP in there, but once again, it depends on how Square Enix is planning with it.

We know who it's focusing on...

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Oo, I am definitely going to watch this.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

anyone knows anything about Granblue Fantasy? It's coming next season.
https://anilist.co/anime/21361/GRANBLUEFANTASYTheAnimation
The only thing I know is that there is 1 actual lesbian character.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

All I know is that Takemiya Jin was obsessed with it for a while. She kept tweeting screenshots.

That, and there was an event where you could have Slayers characters in your party.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Said character isn't in the announced cast, though her sister is. Might show up later, but I wouldn't expect much yuri-wise

They've actually managed to avoid having any characters I recognize as popular in the cast. No Djeeta, ffs

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Said character isn't in the announced cast, though her sister is. Might show up later, but I wouldn't expect much yuri-wise

They've actually managed to avoid having any characters I recognize as popular in the cast. No Djeeta, ffs

is it one of these 2? from this doujin:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_prank_the_fairies_played_on_us

I think it was Vira, i duno, bunch of names i see on character lists confuses me

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 12:33AM

joined Feb 15, 2013

We know who it's focusing on...

Let's me reword it

The 5 girls list there are the main heroines and in the same fighting team. So it's kinda expected that they will be the main focus. But they actually have their own circles, so most of the side story were about them mixing with other girls (and the yuri potential is in there). And the game actually was fairly goofy, so side/SoL story events over-numbered main story in that game

So if they go full SoL~ish then finger-crossed on yuri front. If they focus purely on fighting, then expected not much romantic arising from punching monsters...

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 2:03AM

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

For the food lovers here, this looks nice.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 3:37AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Serena posted:

Omg 2016 can you end right now?! I need my 2017!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

If it doesn't descend into the oh-so-moé CGDCT mire, this looks like the sort of thing I'd like a lot.

If it ends up being more Flying Witch-ish, in the slice of life except stuff actually happens sense, I could totally see myself watching it.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Usually mobile games have the player as self insert to date the girls. Isn't it the case here?
I don't mind much if the anime takes it out, but it would be better if that wasn't the case.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Usually mobile games have the player as self insert to date the girls. Isn't it the case here?
I don't mind much if the anime takes it out, but it would be better if that wasn't the case.

My Japanese is limited so don't quote me on this. But the player identity could be a big spoiler.

Honestly it would be more interesting to see how the anime approach the player identity, instead of removing it completely. Because according to my limited understand, it's one of the good plot twist

Regardless, on the yuri front, the player tends to be an object of admiration to the girls rather than affection. As some will confess to like you, but want you to belong to everyone else, or want to keep their confession secret from other girls. So it should not affect the shipping

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 3:44PM

joined Feb 15, 2013

Anyway, my anticipation meter for January 2017 right now:

School Girls Strikers > Kobayashi Maid Dragon > Demi-chan

Maybe something else I missed?

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

My Japanese is limited so don't quote me on this. But the player identity could be a big spoiler.

Honestly it would be more interesting to see how the anime approach the player identity, instead of removing it completely. Because according to my limited understand, it's one of the good plot twist

Regardless, on the yuri front, the player tends to be an object of admiration to the girls rather than affection. As some will confess to like you, but want you to belong to everyone else, or want to keep their confession secret from other girls. So it should not affect the shipping

I hope if they do it, they make it a girl like Ange Vierge.
Or at least ambiguos like KanColle.

Anyway, my anticipation meter for January 2017 right now:

School Girls Strikers > Kobayashi Maid Dragon > Demi-chan

Maybe something else I missed?

BanG Dream is Yunico's series composition, so it might be fun and gay.
Gabriel Dropout looks fun.
And of course, Little Witch Academia.

I'm just loving fall season too much to think about it being over, though.

To reply you must either login or sign up.