Forum › Anime season

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

BanG Dream is Yunico's series composition, so it might be fun and gay.

Given Flip Flappers and Locodol, I think "might" is a bit of an understatement here (lol)

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Given Flip Flappers and Locodol, I think "might" is a bit of an understatement here (lol)

Well, I'm sure she would make it full yuri if she could, but there's always other factors to consider.
Although, they might have called her to write it because of her interests too.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Hmm, I would assume that you've read the interview with her? Nothing important pertaining to the topic at hand, just curious.

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

The one where she talks about KinMoza and Locodol?
If it's that, yes, I read it.

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Exactly the one I was talking about :>

joined Feb 15, 2013

My Japanese is limited so don't quote me on this. But the player identity could be a big spoiler.

Honestly it would be more interesting to see how the anime approach the player identity, instead of removing it completely. Because according to my limited understand, it's one of the good plot twist

Regardless, on the yuri front, the player tends to be an object of admiration to the girls rather than affection. As some will confess to like you, but want you to belong to everyone else, or want to keep their confession secret from other girls. So it should not affect the shipping

I hope if they do it, they make it a girl like Ange Vierge.
Or at least ambiguos like KanColle.

Anyway, my anticipation meter for January 2017 right now:

School Girls Strikers > Kobayashi Maid Dragon > Demi-chan

Maybe something else I missed?

Gabriel Dropout looks fun.
And of course, Little Witch Academia.

I'm just loving fall season too much to think about it being over, though.

I believe that it would be better than Kancolle definitely. The admiral in Kancolle game actually is an important central character, as we only know each ship girls personality through their interaction to the admiral. So the removal of this part/ make it ambiguous affected Kancolle anime heavily

The Taichou-san (player) in SG Strikers however is more of a good support characters. As 99% of the time the girls are showed reacting with each other instead of with the player. So theoretically you can remove him/ her out of the anime easily, but I think future plot requires him/ her

Utena-240x146
joined Sep 13, 2015

izetta was super gay this episode. Izetta is 10 times more yuri bait then hibike and hibike has goddam lewd handholding. At this point Fine just wants Izetta. I want the ending of the anime to at least have a kiss between Fine and Izetta.
Izetta's episode 8 spoiler bellow:

Instead Izetta's first kiss was stolen by a creepy bitch this episode. Love Fine being protective her girl.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

You probably meant this one:
https://mobile.twitter.com/binobinobi/status/784795128900706304
This is the anime director, and writer of this last episode.

this gives me hope for more explicit stuff, that ppl wont be able to ignore and pass off as incredibly close friendship

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

more stuff has popped up on the list days ago, I guess some already know, but here you go anyways
http://anichart.net/winter

joined Sep 21, 2014

omg Ep 8 of Izetta
I'm so scared and stressed. There aren't as many "action" scenes as one would first expect for it's still stressing me out, information is so valuable, so much is depending of these side characters omg
I'm surprised the uh guy who volunteered to do the spy mission had such a feelsy/tragic death scene, that they gave him that amount of importance. With the music and all, I felt shivers, when he fell. Even if he's an antagonist, I guess what they were trying to show us was that he was an alright guy, doing his best, just on a different side :/

I'm also surprised there was a kiss scene at all, even if it was with someone else, another girl too, altho the purpose wasn't for it to be a "kiss" per se. That was so fake tho lmao, the guy's excuse. "She's a big fan lol dw about it". I'm surprised Fine and Izetta weren't shown thinking about it again, it was legit fucking suspicious. But fuck I'm scared there are so many plot points and foreshadowing bits in this episode, it's building towards so much shit they're so fucked omg

Oh and about the White Witch's tale. Before I found out the "true end" to it, a thought I had was that, whether she ended up with the prince or not, essentially, it's a love story isn't it? She fought for love, after all, not unlike Izetta currently is. It's tragic, but ignoring the ending, the gist of her purpose was still rather romantic. This better not happen to Fine and Izetta tho, I'm here for love and hope, not death and despair :/

As much as the lil gayish bits made me happy, the plot is really building up, I feel tense.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 9:17PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

omg Ep 8 of Izetta
I'm so scared and stressed. There aren't as many "action" scenes as one would first expect for it's still stressing me out, information is so valuable, so much is depending of these side characters omg
I'm surprised the uh guy who volunteered to do the spy mission had such a feelsy/tragic death scene, that they gave him that amount of importance. With the music and all, I felt shivers, when he fell. Even if he's an antagonist, I guess what they were trying to show us was that he was an alright guy, doing his best, just on a different side :/

I'm also surprised there was a kiss scene at all, even if it was with someone else, another girl too, altho the purpose wasn't for it to be a "kiss" per se. That was so fake tho lmao, the guy's excuse. "She's a big fan lol dw about it". I'm surprised Fine and Izetta weren't shown thinking about it again, it was legit fucking suspicious. But fuck I'm scared there are so many plot points and foreshadowing bits in this episode, it's building towards so much shit they're so fucked omg

Oh and about the White Witch's tale. Before I found out the "true end" to it, a thought I had was that, whether she ended up with the prince or not, essentially, it's a love story isn't it? She fought for love, after all, not unlike Izetta currently is. It's tragic, but ignoring the ending, the gist of her purpose was still rather romantic. This better not happen to Fine and Izetta tho, I'm here for love and hope, not death and despair :/

As much as the lil gayish bits made me happy, the plot is really building up, I feel tense.

I think the most important thing yuri related is...
Fine does know about the love story in their legend (no the bad end one), so when she says Izetta is "my white witch"...

But yeah, all the "you like happy end because life is full of tragedy" is worrying. Hope Fine and Izetta will get their happy ending at the end.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Oh boy i fucking hate Dragon Ball Super!
You don't just tease Gohan without his glasses, with his single bang back on and all around looking cool again only to show him back to his lame self on the preview, you DON'T raise my hopes up like that! You DON'T do this to me! You DON'T!
...B-But what if The preview doesn't mean shit and he's really back on training and will be back to be my husbando someday!?!?!? Oh fuck please don't screw this up Toriyama or Toei or whatever the hell is in charge i need Gohan back in my life!!

Actually, screw all that, had no idea a new season for Gundam Thunderbolt was announced!

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:27AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I saw the latest ep for MG Raising Project
It was painful
There are some characters whose design or backstory or attitude(?) I like more than others (Ripple, Swim Swim, Hardgore Alice, Top Speed), but it's especially feelsbad when someone dies, someone mourns for them. I might have have cared for them nor especially liked them, but other characters' sorrow makes me feel bad. I disliked the twins, they were dicks, but inevitably, if one were to die, the reaction of the other would be terrible, and that's how it felt; terrible.
Especially sad/ironic because I underestimated Swim Swim's ambition, the last episodes. I was fine that she coup d'etat'd her own role model; she poker faces so we don't know how she feels about things, but those actions gave her character, it made her interesting to me. It's sad because well, although I could tell that, given that Winterprison and Sister Nana are obviously a couple, that obviously tragedy would befall one of both of them (cus it's dramatic and tragic), I didn't expect Swim Swim to be the one to break them. It's conflicting, when you don't want some characters to die, but one plots to murder the other.
I guess it was obvious that Winterprison would be the one of the couple to die (cus she'd protect Nana for sure), that she would lose to Swim Swim. Swim Swim's ambition is gonna fuck up the rest of the girls too, she's a driving force powerful enough that she will remain successful til a certain point, perhaps crash and burn, not unlike Ruler.
Characters most at risk, I think, are those seeking to kill and those targetted. Idk who's gonna be next, but there's a death flag raised above Calamity Mary, Ripple and Top Speed

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Ripple should be fine; they've promoted her as one of the main characters and a partner for Snow White. I'll be extremely surprised if Top Speed makes it, though

joined Sep 21, 2014

Ripple should be fine; they've promoted her as one of the main characters and a partner for Snow White. I'll be extremely surprised if Top Speed makes it, though

Whoa what
Promoted her in what? The games? (iirc, the original source of the adaptation are games)
omg Top Speed is fucking dead fuck

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Whoa what
Promoted her in what? The games? (iirc, the original source of the adaptation are games)
omg Top Speed is fucking dead fuck

It's based on an LN series. And I was talking about the OP, ED, eyecatches and whatnot. Ripple is consistently the second to appear and the OP has her taking Snow White's hand. And the series isn't really one for actively misleading the audience...

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

dicks in jojo!!!!!!!
keijo would be better if they up the yuri.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 6:17AM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Izetta x Fine is my otp for this season. I still don't believe all this foreshadowing will actually turn to have a bad ending. This anime just doesn't give me the tragedy ending vibe. I just think they are doing it to keep viewrs worried and watching. But I could be wrong.

The new witch seems interesting, but I was so pissed they let that Germanian spy go just like that. They didn't even ran after him..he's the biggest a-hole of this anime. The plot seems to be getting more interesting now.

Also unrelated to yuri, my favorite anime this season is Ajin.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 2:32PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

^ you should just spoiler tag. It's not like while reading "spoilers ahead" the words below won't be in your view/won't be read. Besides, it's a pretty big spoiler too, don't risk it, it's not cool

It's based on an LN series. And I was talking about the OP, ED, eyecatches and whatnot. Ripple is consistently the second to appear and the OP has her taking Snow White's hand. And the series isn't really one for actively misleading the audience...

Ah true, I spotted that at one point but forgot about it. I don't remember much of Koyuki and Ripple's interactions, but if that's where it's going, it'll be interesting, I wonder what happens/WHO DIES to lead to that point.

Even if it ends up with posts with a lot of black markers, hours after the broadcast of an episode, I kinda don't mind/like it? I mean, this season, I'm following absolutely everything of interest, so I only get spoiled if someone does write something spoilerish hours after the upload of an episode I haven't seen yet (in those cases, I stop reading immediately and leave the thread). But I still think it's a good idea, and always preferred people to do so, even tho Nez only enforced it because a series she followed got spoiled.
I think it's a good idea because some people aren't sure to watch certain series yet, are planning to at a later time, or are waiting for its completion before binging it. For instance, I wasn't watching Kiznaiver when it was aired, but did in the summer. Totally got some spoilers riddled here and there in the thread, so I saw some plot points coming and it sucked to not get that element of surprise :/
So, I think it's a good thing. That way, people can also choose to look at the spoilers of other series or not. It'd be entirely their choice and responsibility for it, rather than "ah well fuck I just read something important".
Someone once argued that they liked seeing the spoilers, that it could interest them in watching said series. Well, black markers aren't there to keep that information away from you, you can still go look at them. It'd be more considerate for those who didn't want to see it. Being spoiled or not should be a choice, not something forced on you. And even if it's black barred, you can still read it. It'd just be nice to have that choice.

tl;dr: I support spoiler tagging your shit, to be considerate for those who haven't watched the latest episode(s) yet, or who plan to follow the series at a later time.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:25PM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

dicks in jojo!!!!!!!
keijo would be better if they up the yuri.

Lol, never saw it in manga though

Which episode are you talking about?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It is a tough call on a thread like this, where you're talking about current episodes of stuff all the time. I mean do you just put a SPOILERS INSIDE sign on the door and if someone wander in well, sucks to be them? Or are you stuck with a sea of black bars, which admittedly only require hovering or highlighting to read but look ugly? Unfortunately we don't have much in the line of options.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Well, I think if an episode is out,(for atleast a day) then spoilers are not needed. Because we can't really know in which episode everyone has put the anime on hold.
I think it's more of this person's responsibillity to know when they visit a thread that discusses about current anime spisodes. Just my thoughts.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Where to draw that line isn't easy. I'd say a couple of days minimum, and for spoilers of major plot twists should be spoiler-tagged no matter what. Stuff like a major character death, or a yuri kiss in Flip Flappers or similar events which impact the whole series.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Anyone here saw DB Super episode 67?

joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't think esthetics matter as much, compared to that feeling you get when you find yourself spoiled by something. I think it's a pretty terrible feeling. Nezchan's reaction at the simple mention of a reference in the last ep of Flip Flappers (which likely for her, turned out to not be that important) would have been worse if it turns out to have been super important, someone could've absentmindedly shared their thoughts on a much more crucial plot point. There are some people with absolutely no understanding of the notion of spoilers, tbh. (The very first thing my dad said after he brought up that he saw the last Star Wars movie was "Hey I saw it, it was pretty good. This guy dies." Legit, immediately. That was the legit the first thing that came out of his mouth.)
It doesn't look pretty but I had to black marked entire posts previously cus well, shit happens, they're very plot-centered episodes. But I make it very clear what anime I'm talking about, I hope it's clear enough that, if you haven't watch the latest ep for x series, don't look.
But yeah a few days minimum would be nice.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 3:19PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.