Forum › Posts by Serena

Tumblr_ogrev97nel1tx2rdco1_250
joined Nov 10, 2016

Oh yeah Rina, thank you for the tip of using the element hider, it's helpful.

I'm too lazy to change my avatar, and I like this one (^ ^)

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 6:03PM

joined Nov 10, 2016

I think I'll be fine with using this one (^ ^) Hotaru and Yuma everywhere!

joined Nov 10, 2016

Well, I thought we were not playing the post removing game D:

Not that I'm not okay with it.. long live Dynast Cafe!

Congratulations on 200th page top, Galich!!

joined Nov 10, 2016

The thread is nearing 200 pages! (^ ^)

Serena
Image Comments 20 Nov 04:33
joined Nov 10, 2016
Cwe0_c_ueaatm_r

capu~chuu (^ ^)

Serena
Image Comments 20 Nov 04:32
joined Nov 10, 2016
32952988_p0

Oh... @//o//@

Serena
Image Comments 20 Nov 04:29
joined Nov 10, 2016
Cw_bopxuqaa3rij

So close to kissing

joined Nov 10, 2016

Wow Serena, you made it sound professional again xD You have the way with words I needed when I was trying to figure out how to word an oral presentation for class, two weeks ago

Thank youu~! I'm not good at presentations, I can write my thoughts out well but I need to practice for days in order to voice them properly. Stage shyness is terrible.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 4:28AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

I think both of you did a great job in putting forth the appeal of her works (^ ^)

Rina - Your post explained it's appeal on an academic level and touched upon on how her versaility invokes realistic emotions and captures the vastness of the human psyche.

Faust - Your explanation from the viewpoint of an active consumer provided a heart-to-heart, and natural level of understanding as to why the works could appeal to some but not others.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:25AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

^ Okies! I'll read it when I have the time! Oh dear, I could be starting to see the appeal of "dark yuri" hehe

joined Nov 10, 2016

"...her works like Netsuzou Trap and “A World without Freedom”, highlights the unseen depths of human desires and emphasizes on the emotions of their respective main character’s inability to properly express their love towards their beloved, whereas in contrast her lighter entries highlights the innocence and purity that forms the other half of the spectrum when being in love; essentially, Kodama Naoko’s works reflects the potential for light and darkness in everyone as well as the ups and downs of life."

I like how you described this part. It's not too much different from what Faust said from what I understood, and provides readers with an idea in their minds of what to expect when going into reading her works, which is to be prepared for content that might be morally questionable. It makes me want to read her other works now (^ ^)

Is Fujiyuu Sekai a good read, Rina? Since you said it's your favorite work and changed your avatar again.

last edited at Nov 20, 2016 1:13AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

Woww~~ the thread jumped by 3 pages since last night, and it looks like there was a language class earlier @ o @

joined Nov 10, 2016

I wonder where did Rina go, she's usually around at this time. Most of the ppl usually active now are not online.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 12:27PM

joined Nov 10, 2016

I feel like, given the way you describe things, it's like... you make your topic matter to me. I feel like, even if I dislike x series, you coud make valid points regarding its good sides

I didn't think it was as good as you described it. But thank you!

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 12:23PM

joined Nov 10, 2016

Oh yeah Faust, I hope you'll still be around if I ever made another analytical-esque post, even if it's for a different topic. Some discussion is always nice, although I am not too into prolonged discussions, as in, really long and in depth ones.

Here' is a song: https://youtu.be/lg8czMcKdkI

joined Nov 10, 2016

Actually you know, in all honesty I would really rather just create a Discord specifically for discussing Netsuzou Trap

I'll have to pass on this invitation if you do make one. I am not the kind of person to get too invested in discussing things for prolonged periods of time, I find it much more enjoyable to make an occasional single post describing my thoughts and see if anyone wants to bounce off on it and then observing how it goes from there.

Again, I'm really sorry my post caused so much commotion >-<

joined Nov 10, 2016

I couldn't sleep, so now I'm back (^ ^) for a while...

//pat pats, Serena :<
Idk about topics being too "on topic" for a thread really just encouraging random discussions between ppl, but you do make insightful analysis of things, I dont think anyone can realoy tell you to "stop talking about it cus I dont want to hear it".
When you find other things that interest you again, I'd be down to read your thoughts about them here. Feel free to post in the ntrap thread too, your post would probs be interesting to the readers there, since not everyone visits/follows this thread too

Thank you for your kind words! I'm really happy that you found the post interesting to read. To be honest I wasn't expecting a discussion from the post, the timing of things just made me felt that my post wasn't welcomed.

DO WATCH FLIP FLAPPERS

Thanks! I will do so if I ever find the time.

joined Nov 10, 2016

One last apology for my post before I sleep, please enjoy your day/night ahead.

Sleep well! Have a positive day tmrrw ^ o ^

Thanks!

Good night ! Although it's only 3PM here in France.

Timezone issues hehe

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:50AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPPkcjuZDGA

Here's a 1 hr video of Papika from Flip Flappers saying "Cocona~ Cocona~ Cocona~", it does wonders to uplift your mood.

Thank you. I've heard good things about Flip Flappers, do you guys recommend it?

I think I'll just go to bed early today. Have a nice day, thread.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:37AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

...Fine. I'm sorry.

As much as I'd love to torment @Utopia further by continuing to discuss Netsuzou Trap, I do think that this has gone way longer than I wanted it to.

Okay.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:31AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

Nevermind.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:35AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

^ I see you have what I call a reviewer's spirit; as in, being able to articulate your thoughts into words.

(◡‿◡✿)
I am studying a module that requires me to reflect on my emotions towards movies and other entertainment mediums, it became an unconscious habit sorta.

Oh shit Serena that was great ;u;

Thank youuu! (^ ^)

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:17AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

Surprised that you actually read it, then again, who could resist the charms of Hotaru for so long (lol), glad that you found it enjoyable at least

I had to know what made you so passionate and head-over-heels about it hehe. I kinda enjoyed the story actually, it had a mature atmosphere to it, not just in the situations that Hotaru and Yuma get themselves into but just the general themes that they're dealing with. I think the manga does a great job in highlighting the darker and more controversial aspects of love that we as consumers tend to gloss over in effort of picturing an idealized relatonship. I saw Girl Friends mentioned a couple pages back, and I can't help but think of this as a darker and more intense story of 2 girls discovering and exploring their sexuality, trying to validate their feelings for eachother. The themes that it explores might not show the brightest or noblest side of love, but I think Hotaru and Yuma has something beautiful in their relationship that should be cherished and allowed to blossom.

While I don't necessarily share the same amount of passion you do towards it, nor view it as a masterpiece, I'm glad to be able to expand my horizons a little into yuri stories that are not all innocent and fluffy.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 7:59AM

Serena
joined Nov 10, 2016

https://www.facebook.com/ChaosTeam/posts/197370310716771

Interview with Kodama Naoko-sensei (and Saburouta) ^ _ ^

It's fascinating to know that Kodama Naoko never planned Hotaru to be a specific character archetype, but yet the impression her character gives is someone that is a lot more assertive and flirtatious in her actions. It could be that works that we've consumed over time has sort of imprinted this image of an assertive personality that we automatically associate characters with, but in actuality we're just putting the pieces together in our heads, or at least, that was what I understood from what she said.

Also, Kodama's fondness of drawing the girls' boobs squished together makes the manga quite titillating, which is the point I think? hehe

I kinda enjoyed the story actually, it had a mature atmosphere to it, not just in the situations that Hotaru and Yuma get themselves into but just the general themes that they're dealing with. I think the manga does a great job in highlighting the darker and more controversial aspects of love that we as consumers tend to gloss over in effort of picturing an idealized relatonship. I saw Girl Friends mentioned a couple pages back, and I can't help but think of this as a darker and more intense story of 2 girls discovering and exploring their sexuality, trying to validate their feelings for eachother. The themes that it explores might not show the brightest or noblest side of love, but I think Hotaru and Yuma has something beautiful in their relationship that should be cherished and allowed to blossom.

Adding this here.

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 8:45AM

joined Nov 10, 2016

Did Serena only read the chapters on the reader, or up to ch12?

I read up to ch12 on my phone! (^ ^) The drama was easier to handle than I anticipated.

The yuri love triangle between Rena (the focal girl), Jurina (the "player") and Churi (Jurina's "first" girlfriend) is pretty obvious; though it should actually be a love quad given the 4th girl that appears mid-PV.

So those were their names! I like Rena (^‿^)

last edited at Nov 19, 2016 7:23AM