Forum › Lemonade discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Hmm, no yuri yet. I wonder how this will progress :?

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Just one question........ :
Why the students wear helmet on their way to school ??? O_____O

else, I wait for more chapters to add more 'comments'. But the art style gives me SoL feels anyway X"D. Uhm very country I guess ? :3

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

In some parts of Japan younger school-kids have to wear helmet's on the way to and from school. To protect them from road accidents or earthquakes I guess.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

Thanks for enlightening me. For one sec I thought they're going to school in a construction site. I've never seen helmet students in rural areas in manga before though :D.
But helmets can be used to defense anw. Good for them.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Does it say something that my mind immediately went to aliens, or some other absurd threat, when they had their helmets?

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

^Mine went to Oddjob from James Bond so you're better off than me

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

To be honest, I wouldn't want to join either. Being seen as nothing but a copy of her sister is a pretty demeaning, especially during a stage when you're finding your own identity. Pushy dude is an asshole.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

To be honest, I wouldn't want to join either. Being seen as nothing but a copy of her sister is a pretty demeaning, especially during a stage when you're finding your own identity. Pushy dude is an asshole.

That's a little mean, he is enthusiastic and kind of a annoying but he doesn't seem like a bad person... At least he didn't show bad intentions. I want to see her sister, these chapters one and two looks like one chapter, you get a feeling of "huh!?, is over?" I wonder, Imoko is going to show some skills at tennis even superior to her friend ? that would be interesting... Not being eclipsed by her sister having her own way instead of getting a "Huh... I guess is not in the blood" ... Getting that after being pushed to join (I guess, she will join... right?) would suck.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

That's a little mean, he is enthusiastic and kind of a annoying but he doesn't seem like a bad person... At least he didn't show bad intentions.

Well, let's look at the record then.

• Shouts out her name in the class, a pretty embarrassing move as we've seen from various anime/manga. Even his friend is embarrassed by it.
  • Belittles her when she clearly gets angry.
  • Keeps pushing even though he was refused, and even after his friend said that wasn't cool.
  • Basically pressured her into coming by the club, making a big deal about politeness when he'd already failed that test.
  • Insisted everyone call her by a nickname even though she obviously doesn't like it, and again blows off her feelings.
  • Misgenders her friend which is sort of a jerk thing to do.

Hmmmm...so maybe not intentionally an asshole. Maybe he's "just" a totally insensitive jerk, which is close enough in my books.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

agrees with Nezchan Here in the States a guy does that and the girl may beat the crap out of him. xD

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Yuri? And the art has a very old feel to it.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yuri? And the art has a very old feel to it.

I was gona ask if this was new or just a new translation because the art DOES look old fashioned. Not that some dont still like to use older styles.

On the Yuri front- obviously since there isnt a shred of yuri we can assume there are more chaptes that are out (maybe the whole thing if it IS old) but not translated yet- and thus its known for sure its a series with yuri furthur down the line.

I quite like what i've seen so far but hard to tell till we get more.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

2006, reprinted and expanded last year.

Hmm, no yuri yet.
Yuri?
obviously since there isnt a shred of yuri we can assume

FFS. Could the self-appointed yuri police maybe, just maybe, take a look at the release post / series description? Or...

we can assume there are more chaptes that are out

the TOC for that matter? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch01#4

last edited at Dec 19, 2013 2:02PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm...so maybe not intentionally an asshole. Maybe he's "just" a totally insensitive jerk, which is close enough in my books.

Good points, when you put them all together ... yeah, he is an idiot, but I just see him as the kind of character that thinks that everyone is having a good time with his jokes until someone takes them seriously... Is not hard when you're messing too much like he does, I mean, I do want to see him being sorry (a kick in the ribs works too), but I don't think he is aware of how idiot he is, unlike an asshole that enjoys making people suffer, well that's my definition... Let's just leave like that, we hate him... I fully agree with that! ahahah.

The lack of yuri was pointed out, I think I like histories where love is born more than the ones where one side is already attracted, to see the character and their relationship evolving.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

The "yuri" tag in this gives me life.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Where is the yuri, Eggman? You said there'd be yuri...

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

From the summary it seems like it's going to come about in the standard one-sided affection from Youko to Maki while Maki expresses interest in the douche who's yet to do anything that would make him likeable. Yay for jealousy...

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

From the summary it seems like it's going to come about in the standard one-sided affection from Youko to Maki while Maki expresses interest in the douche who's yet to do anything that would make him likeable. Yay for jealousy...

Ahmmm, I didn't read the summary until now, now I feel like "Ugh" a little... But I won't drop it easily, I love yuri !

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

I'm rather dubious. lol Well, let's see what the next few chapters are like...

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Are you kidding me? Maki falls for Keita? Wow. Way to stand up for your best friend!

Maybe I'm just a bit too miffed by this Keita guy to really see his "good side". Idk. Being an insensitive jerk really doesn't start you on a good foot in any way.

On a related note, I thought Keita and his friend were college students instead. Lol.

joined Aug 8, 2013

Being an insensitive jerk really doesn't start you on a good foot in any way.

Well yeah, that's kind of the point. He has to make a bad first impression. First it will be "why is she hanging around that jerk" and then it'll shift too "he isn't so bad after all, but I still want her for myself." Same goes for the reader and who they're rooting for. Not unusual in a love triangle.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Well yeah, that's kind of the point. He has to make a bad first impression. First it will be "why is she hanging around that jerk" and then it'll shift too "he isn't so bad after all, but I still want her for myself." Same goes for the reader and who they're rooting for. Not unusual in a love triangle.

Oh, of course. Next chapter or so Maki will be taught how to hold and swing a racket by him (in the most cliched and overused way possible, natch), and then start telling Youko about how the guy who won't stop constantly mocking her isn't a bad guy, all while blushing and being really obvious. He'll still be a douche and she'll still have a bad taste in men, but the author will really try to convince us otherwise.

Or maybe, if we're lucky, Maki'll just be portrayed as someone who's blindly crushing on an insensitive jerk who treats her best friend badly. What would be nice for a change is that Youko just fails to win Maki over and just moves on to be in a relationship with some other girl. We don't seem to get enough stories like that and I really like them.

last edited at Dec 22, 2013 1:48AM

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Reading chapter three, it felt like Youko's obsession over how much of a jerk Keito is was just masking her attraction to him. But I guess that's not the case.

Or maybe, if we're lucky, Maki'll just be portrayed as someone who's blindly crushing on an insensitive jerk who treats her best friend badly. What would be nice for a change is that Youko just fails to win Maki over and just moves on to be in a relationship with some other girl. We don't seem to get enough stories like that and I really like them.

This would be awesome to see. Do you have other examples of that in yuri manga? Tears of Thorn is sort of similar.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Reading chapter three, it felt like Youko's obsession over how much of a jerk Keito is was just masking her attraction to him. But I guess that's not the case.

Sometimes people tease others because they're jerks, not because they're secretly crushing on them and sometimes people really dislike a person without being a tsundere for them. Regardless, I'd say she hates Keita more because he seems like a living representation of her inferiority complex rather than any of his actual traits, though his being a jerk kind of caused that.

This would be awesome to see. Do you have other examples of that in yuri manga? Tears of Thorn is sort of similar.

Wow, I'm completely drawing a blank now. The only one I can think of is http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_wont_say_i_love_you_anymore#1 this because they always seems to wind up as one shots that get drowned out in all the other one shots. I do need to check out Tears of Thorn now though, so thanks for that.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

So, hmmm yes, he is an idiot over all, to put it in a way... He is an idiot and then he is a person.

The onechan really looks nice, too bad she didn't tried to understand, looks like Youko is all alone with the problem.

To reply you must either login or sign up.