Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@ Rina

Did you manage to see King Ezekiel? ;D

Of course I did! (¬‿¬)

#KingEzekiel4President2020 ;D

I like how they're trying to get Carol back on track! d (^‿^ )

Told you they were going somewhere with her character ^ o ^ Might also finally introduce some romance for her (Queen Carol anyone?) and end the Darol fanfics lol.

And I honestly didn't expect the double kill in the first episode... (´⊙ω⊙`)ᵒᵐᵍᵎᵎᵎ

Neither did I tbh. Abraham went out like a boss.

I actually think that BrainDead could be to your liking... Maybe you should give it a try. It's entertaining enough.

I'll try to get around to it...I barely have time to watch anime nowadays lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wonder Woman's now canon bisexual (or probably pansexual, given the character) in the comics, so I assume the current run is giving her a female love interest.

As to pairing her with Batman or Superman, that stuff always came off as way too fanfic for my taste. I mean it's fine as fanfic, but not for an official book (or movie).

Hmm, didn't knew that. You might be the surprised but the fact the whole Amazon island is full of woman only means almost every woman is lesbian there only came to my mind a few weeks ago when i was reading an artice on this site about WW. I was really shocked that something as obivious ansd simple was ignored by me all these years.

It wasn't so much ignored as DC editorial wouldn't approve her coming out, the same way they wouldn't approve Batwoman getting married to her long-time girlfriend. It's been hinted at by various writers for decades, even inadvertently by one writer who didn't even like the idea of Diana with a female lover.

You mention Damien in another comment, it's interesting to note that he was actually created with the intention of killing him off, He was never meant to be anything but a plot device. However, other writers besides his creator got a crack at writing the character in the meantime, and particularly during the period where Dick Grayson was filling the role, made him a much more interesting character than he was meant to be, via his interactions with Dick and others.

And then the original creator got stubborn and didn't want to change his mind and murdered the kid anyway.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

can anyone recommend a good drawing book on Perspective and drawing building.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

And then the original creator got stubborn and didn't want to change his mind and murdered the kid anyway.

And then he came back to further troll the creator

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

Keijo's OP is finally out, definitely the best OP of Fall 2016 for me tbh. With the OP for Kaiju Girls being on 2nd best.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Anon

I had another interesting week.
But after having to bury my own dog there's not much that can shock me anymore...
I'm doing pretty okay so far, surprisingly.

hey..I missed you, girl!! (your emojis included)
I'm relieved you are doing okay under these circumstances because I imagined the worst, I guess... ^^
honestly, I so much want to see something really good happen to you in the near future! ^_^

@ LittleSis

Rooting for your exam results btw!

Thank you! :) Two more weeks to go... maybe it's the magic of the several consecutive failures, but I'm all calm about it xD

@ SaintPata

I do, I do! She's a grey tabby, with a white and fluffy belly, her name is Flanelle, and her nickname is Pata :3 do you have one ?

So Pata is a soft velveteen fluffy furball that one can't help smothering in his embarace? ^^
I bet she has the long whiskers, rosy nose and equally soft and fluffy paws? :)

nope, at least not where I live.. unfortunately. But my father takes care of two cute sister kittens - one is black (except for a small white patch below the chin), and a gray tabby ^^

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 8:39AM

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Blackkitty

hey..I missed you, girl!! (your emojis included)
I'm relieved you are doing okay under these circumstances because I imagined the worst, I guess... ^^
honestly, I so much want to see something really good happen to you in the near future! ^_^

Oww... you're all so kind! (ó.ò)
That's really sweet... Thank you! (๑′ᴗ‵๑)

But, to be honest with you, sometimes I feel like maybe it's karma...
I had too much luck most of my life... And now, whenever I waste a good opportunity it seems something bad happens... Maybe it's really just all my fault...
But then again... Whenever I look around lately I can't seem to find anyone who's not sick, unlucky or without a sick or recently deceased family member or friend around... So maybe it's just a bad time for many people...
I'm not really sure what to believe anymore.

Two more weeks to go... maybe it's the magic of the several consecutive failures, but I'm all calm about it xD

Good luck with that! (ʃƪˆ▿ˆ)
I'm sure this time you managed to pass! (◦’ںˉ◦)v

@ Rina

#KingEzekiel4President2020 ;D

#KingEzekiel4President2016!!! ;)
Probably way better than what America will get soon... (;ↀ⌓ↀ)

Told you they were going somewhere with her character ^ o ^ Might also finally introduce some romance for her (Queen Carol anyone?) and end the Darol fanfics lol.

I still don't like what they did to her character in those last few episodes in season 6.
I don't mind her crisis. It's just that the way they did it was faaar too unbelievable and just felt forced.

Queen Carol doesn't sound too bad. ;)
But I'd still prefer CarolXDaryl... Probably never gonna happen though... Daryl is too asexual ^^

Neither did I tbh. Abraham went out like a boss.

And Carl just looked bored all the time (^∇^)

@ Galich

Hey!
|・ω・`)v

After reading your last couple of posts I'm actually glad that you didn't take either of those jobs...
I'm not sure if harassment or discrimination would help with your depression...
You need a less hostile work environment where you can feel save and appreciated.
And I wish you good luck finding just that! (õ_ó)b

joined Jun 22, 2016

It's been a while since I last posted a song...
So here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVxcwe7EcaY

Come on, Eileen! ^^
Yeah, come on...
Don't we all miss the times when dungarees were still hip ;P

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

#KingEzekiel4President2016!!! ;)
Probably way better than what America will get soon... (;ↀ⌓ↀ)

Indeed. And who wouldn't like a president with a taste for refined theatrics? (lol)

I still don't like what they did to her character in those last few episodes in season 6.
I don't mind her crisis. It's just that the way they did it was faaar too unbelievable and just felt forced.

To be fair I guess the starting of her character development was introduced without prior build-up, but I still stand by my comments that Carol will eventually find to accept both sides of herself much like Rick did.

Queen Carol doesn't sound too bad. ;)
But I'd still prefer CarolXDaryl... Probably never gonna happen though... Daryl is too asexual ^^

Tbh I don't think Daryl is going to end up with anyone even by S11 XD But yeah, it seems like the show is heavily hinting towards a King Ezekiel x Carol romance since Michone is now officially with Rick, and she was originally paired with King Ezekiel in the comics.

And Carl just looked bored all the time (^∇^)

Still took Negan's threat like a champ too tbh, willing to sacrifice his arm if it means saving everyone else. And if the show doesn't deviate too much from the comic, the dynamics between Carl, Rick and Negan should be one of the highlights of S7

Also I'm truly sorry to hear about what happened lately :c Still, gotta stay strong! Things will gets better! ^ _ ^

joined Jun 22, 2016

Indeed. And who wouldn't like a president with a taste for refined theatrics? (lol)

I like his taste in pets even better! (^_^)b
That tiger is gorgeous!
But I don't like animals in shows like that... it'll probably get eaten at one point... T_T

To be fair I guess the starting of her character development was introduced without prior build-up, but I still stand by my comments that Carol will eventually find to accept both sides of herself much like Rick did.

Either that or they will just kill her when things are about to get good again... ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
Just like they did with Beth... when she finally found her real strength...
I hope not but you never know... it's TWD after all...

Tbh I don't think Daryl is going to end up with anyone even by S11 XD

Yeah... poor Daryl... all of that abuse left not only his body scarred...
But on the other hand.. relationships don't usually end so well on that show... so he probably won't miss much either... ;)

Still took Negan's threat like a champ too tbh, willing to sacrifice his arm if it means saving everyone else.

That he did but the actor wasn't able to really get the terror of that moment across... Everyone else looked stressed at least. He just looked the same way he always does ^^

And if the show doesn't deviate too much from the comic, the dynamics between Carl, Rick and Negan should be one of the highlights of S7

I'm still kinda pissed that they didn't show what Carl went through after he lost his eye in the comic... There he lost part of his memory and had issues with his new look... They totally left that part out on the show... Still don't understand why, 'cause it was rather interesting to see.

And tonight we get to see where Daryl is being held ^^

Also I'm truly sorry to hear about what happened lately :c Still, gotta stay strong! Things will gets better! ^ _ ^

Thank you for your encouragement! (╯•ω•╰)
I really hope you'll all be proven right! Some good news would be nice for a change...

How are you doing recently?

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

LIVERPOOL 6-1 TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR FIRST AND ONLY TIME THIS SEASON FUCK YEAH!

But I was like a zombie lately (¬º-°)¬

Anon's mention of zombies reminds me I'm annoyed at TWD even more now they predictably killed the wan good character.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

LIVERPOOL 6-1 TOP OF THE LEAGUE FOR FIRST AND ONLY TIME THIS SEASON FUCK YEAH!

But I was like a zombie lately (¬º-°)¬

Anon's mention of zombies reminds me I'm annoyed at TWD even more now they predictably killed the wan good character.

Why do people like that show? I mean i watched it but its really not as mind blowing as people claim it to be.

Though i loved the game

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Anon

But, to be honest with you, sometimes I feel like maybe it's karma...
I had too much luck most of my life... And now, whenever I waste a good opportunity it seems something bad happens... Maybe it's really just all my fault...
But then again... Whenever I look around lately I can't seem to find anyone who's not sick, unlucky or without a sick or recently deceased family member or friend around... So maybe it's just a bad time for many people...
I'm not really sure what to believe anymore.

ohh.. bad things happen to people all the time..and usually troubles don't come alone, they come in groups. we all have to face some challenges sooner or later..it's just an unfortunate coincidence ^^"
but after the rain always comes a rainbow ;)

plus you don't seem to be so lucky as you claim to be - you couldn't even win the lottery ;)
and how could someone have too much luck? It's great that you have some luck, it makes life easier, I hope you will continue being lucky :)

so you believe in karma.. since you are a considerate person who wouldn't harm anyone intentionally, you should believe in good karma :P

Good luck with that! (ʃƪˆ▿ˆ)
I'm sure this time you managed to pass! (◦’ںˉ◦)v

Thank you! :)
I hope I learnt my lesson this time ;)

In my country we had to vote for a president today... so I fulfilled my duty... but it was so damn hard to pick up the lesser evil between all the clowns I had to choose from...>_>

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@ Galich

Hey!
|・ω・`)v

After reading your last couple of posts I'm actually glad that you didn't take either of those jobs...
I'm not sure if harassment or discrimination would help with your depression...
You need a less hostile work environment where you can feel save and appreciated.
And I wish you good luck finding just that! (õ_ó)b

@Anon Long time no talk^^ Glad to see you posting again.

Neither do I.. I mean, I don't think that selling my mental health is a good deal.. I know one cannot feed their family off dignity, but there are standards to be had.

Thanks! Well, I have hopes that I will soon.

Read your posts.. really sucks to hear that. I really do hope you'll have better luck now.

Just believe in in better luck soon.. that's what keeps me alive. Sure, an unknown future, but statistically speaking things are bound to get better with time. Unless someone has seconds to live..

Okay., that did take a bit of a dark turn. Sorry about that.

Rooting for your exam results btw!

Thank you! :) Two more weeks to go... maybe it's the magic of the several consecutive failures, but I'm all calm about it xD

@OlderSis That's very good^^ One can always retake an exam, but it's not worth losing one's calmness over.

Remember, we're all rooting here for you^^

On an unrelated note, been thinking and sorting out a lot of stuff recently. Made my mind up; I am gonna transition.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 6:55PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

But I don't like animals in shows like that... it'll probably get eaten at one point... T_T

Ehehe...

Either that or they will just kill her when things are about to get good again... ( ⚆ _ ⚆ )
Just like they did with Beth... when she finally found her real strength...
I hope not but you never know... it's TWD after all...

Well hopefully Carol sticks around for a couple more seasons then XD

Yeah... poor Daryl... all of that abuse left not only his body scarred...
But on the other hand.. relationships don't usually end so well on that show... so he probably won't miss much either... ;)

True, the show seems to hate relationships being made (lol). Well...at least we still have fanfics :p

That he did but the actor wasn't able to really get the terror of that moment across... Everyone else looked stressed at least. He just looked the same way he always does ^^

Can't say I really noticed that, but maybe he's becoming more like "I'm going to kill you" Rick (lol)

And tonight we get to see where Daryl is being held ^^

Yay! On a related note, I wonder if Dwight will follow his comic counterpart and betray Negan later on in the series; the preview for tonight's ep seems to imply so.

How are you doing recently?

I've seen better days. Annoyed at how ppl are actually finding it a challenge to decide who to vote...I mean America, I feel you, it must be hard to decide when the controversies surrounding both candidates are "equally appalling", I mean, how do you even compare? /s

Why do people like that show? I mean i watched it but its really not as mind blowing as people claim it to be.

I've been following TWD since S1 aired 7 years ago, general attachment to the show and it's cast aside; TWD is still an amazing entry in the zombie subgenre in the recent decade and one of the most prominent entry in recent years. To the point where the creator, Robert Kirkman, was invited to be on "Doc of the Dead" alongside many other notable names in the horror/zombie industry like George Romero (The definitive godfather of the modern zombie film), Bruce Campbell (Evil Dead), Max Brooks (World War Z) and Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead).

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 4:58PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

Yikes. I've been gone for a week because school has been so busy. On the bright side, I am making homemade pizza bagels~

.I mean America, I feel you, it must be hard to decide when the controversies surrounding both candidates are "equally appalling", I mean, how do you even compare?

For me, I knew who I was voting for and then for the next few months tried to completely avoid anything political on social media. Of course it difficult to block everything... but I knew all my friends and friend's friends were just going to make novellas about the political climate. Maybe if school wasn't so draining and difficult this semester I would've been able to sort of deal with everyone's bullshit but nope. Note this semester.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Schoolwork on the left, schoolwork on the right. I wanna graduate, I wanna graduate.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

Yikes. I've been gone for a week because school has been so busy. On the bright side, I am making homemade pizza bagels~
For me, I knew who I was voting for and then for the next few months tried to completely avoid anything political on social media. Of course it difficult to block everything... but I knew all my friends and friend's friends were just going to make novellas about the political climate. Maybe if school wasn't so draining and difficult this semester I would've been able to sort of deal with everyone's bullshit but nope. Note this semester.

@alvis Reminded me that I just made some myself.. a shame I cannot eat any cheese, those are a bit.. unorthodox.

As I said before, I went from actively reading and watching everything politcal to avoiding it like the plague. Really did improve my quality of life.

Then again, I also came back to it recently.

Reminds me of what I heard one day - "friends who want to stay friends don't talk about two things: religion and politics". I'm personally fine with both.

Schoolwork on the left, schoolwork on the right. I wanna graduate, I wanna graduate.

@oliver Wishing ya luck ^,^ Those things can become tedious after a while.

I kind of wish I had some. Less than a year remaining.

Sounded like a very old woman there ;P

I've seen better days. Annoyed at how ppl are actually finding it a challenge to decide who to vote...I mean America, I feel you, it must be hard to decide when the controversies surrounding both candidates are "equally appalling", I mean, how do you even compare? /s

@Rina You seem to be pretty politically conscious.. part of me says that I understand you very well and am the same.. the other wispers to my ear how much of nonsense it can be.

Just realized I'm in for a pretty hard conversation about myself with a friend I didnt see in 5 months.. time to see how tolerant she is.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:31PM

Rsz_1rsz_29112135412
joined May 21, 2016

@Galich
It's not as though I'm uncomfortable with these topics or others opinions, but I just get over saturated with it in real life and online. It becomes too much if you will.

@Oliver
What art thou studying?

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:37PM

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich
It's not as though I'm uncomfortable with these topics or others opinions, but I just get over saturated with it in real life and online. It becomes too much if you will.

@Alvis Yea, so do I. Having a conversation about such topics is fine and at all times, but after a certain point... it can honestly kill my day very efficently.

Then again, it may be just my argumentative/discussion-friendly nature. After a while of arguing I get really annoyed that my partner id discussion doesnt share all of my opinions. Then again, it would get boring.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 7:49PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

@Galich

I'm just following this election a lot closer than usual because of the stakes at hand.

Not sure where would you stand but I dislike all of the Republican presidential candidates, heck, Trump is basically an combination of all of their worst traits. To be fair, I'm don't think Hillary is a perfect human that does no wrong, but at least she hasn't demonized minorities, nor made degrading comments on women, nor received support from prominent hate groups.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:15PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I am amused that Trump's campaign eventually had to take his phone away so he wouldn't embarrass himself on Twitter.

O%20tyebye
joined Feb 15, 2016

@Galich

I'm just following this election a lot closer than usual because of the stakes at hand.

Not sure where would you stand but I dislike all of the Republican presidential candidates, heck, Trump is basically an combination of all of their worst traits. To be fair, I'm don't think Hillary is a perfect human that does no wrong, but at least she hasn't demonized minorities, nor made degrading comments on women, nor received support from prominent hate groups.

@Galich

Not sure where would you stand but I dislike all of the Republican presidential candidates, heck, Trump is basically an combination of all of their worst traits. To be fair, I'm don't think Hillary is a perfect human that does no wrong, but at least she hasn't alienated minorities and the metaphorical other half of the humanity.

Breaking personal rules and going political, but I dislike all of republican candidates as well. Standing pretty far left, more to the left than American politics are for sure.

Not found of Clinton myself, neither of the attitude of "lesser evil", but desperate times call for desperate measures. Honestly, Trump seems like a parody of contemplary republicans.. in spite of disagreeing with their political leanings, I feel bad for all of republican suporters that disapprove of Trump.

To be fair, I do come from a party that has a ruling party not that far of from Trump.. the level of self culture is much higher sure, but we do have the government working awfully closely with antisemite nationalists. That is going very brieftly without even touching on even more controversial topic, such as an attempt to completly ban abortion (not counting incest).

But hey, now women get 1100 euros for giving birth to children that have very serious genetical conditions (including stuff like borderline mental retardation or barely being able to move their body), and there;s a project to give 1100 more to mothers that give birth to children from rape.. if you ask me that's inhumane and barbaric.

As you said, if anyone disagrees with me on my last paragaph, then please, don't reply. I respect others' opinion but I respect my blood pressure level even more.

Pretty sure I'll die of old age before same-sex marriage will be legal here. Oh well, it's not like I;m interested in women or anything.

Sorry for the rant, guess it gives legitimacy to my previous post about getting too engaged to talks about politics.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:33PM

94230567_p0_master1200~2
joined Dec 24, 2014

^ Now that I think about it, I've never asked about your orientation before :o

But ouch, things sound terrible where you are…aw well, such is the messed up world that we're stuck in unfortunately.

Just gotta keep hoping that things will get better someday.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 9:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.