Forum › The One I Love discussion

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This really fucked me up, I only realised what was wrong after saying the words out loud

I read it out loud and couldn't understand why I was stumbling over the words.

I read it again and finally realized it.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Seira what's your pic from? It looks potentially familiar to me but I have no idea where it's from

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Seira what's your pic from? It looks potentially familiar to me but I have no idea where it's from

It's from a manhwa called "My Secret Brother", which is available on Lezhin and is still ongoing.

I don't speak a lick of Korean, but the series is mostly het. Though from chapters 71 and onwards, there's kind of a yuri ship tease, so I've been really rolling with it, haha.

EDIT: I should clarify that the pairing in question are actually side characters that are not so heavily involved in the main story after chapter 71... so no, they don't get in the way of the het couple and vice versa.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 2:16AM

NobodySpecialxxxx
Akarriiii.png
joined Dec 5, 2015

OMG >A< This better be a series!! I already fell in love with it!!!

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

fuuuuuuuuuuuck why do i even read love triangles. i know im just gonna end up pissed when best girl inevitably loses.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Seira wow your pic changed again
Could you link me to the panel/page or a screenshot of the one you had before?

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I already really like the established relationship a lot. The girlfriend is supportive, genuinely cards about her girlfriend and is really making an effort with the girlfriend's shitty friend.

The main character is ridiculous. All I'm seeing in a sad jealous little girl who is used to people fawning over her, and is now annoyed that her BF has someone else in her life. Eventually I'm sure we'll see that shes In Love With Her All Along but after this first chapter I am rooting for the established couple.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Awh no, love triangle..
Pretty nice though

A_divine_love_alone_ch01_004
joined Oct 16, 2016

Why do I hurt myself like this...?

Waiting for more already!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Is this a series or just a two-parter?

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Seems so good. But those glasses are telling me to stop reading it.

I guess i will pass it.

The complaints about the love triangle I get, it's not the sort of drama/angst that comfortable to read, but this is probably the stupidest reason
This series just got ditched because a character wears glasses.

Ikr. I think it's weird too :/

I just kinda don't like glasses on girls' face. Maybe becuz I think they only make girls look ugly and hide their true beauty.

Or maybe its just my one of weird preferences.

Either way i hate when i see girls wearing glasses. Unless you totally can't see without glassses but then again contact lens exist for a reason.

Some of us hate poking our eyes, and are too clumsy not to with contact lenses. And many people feel that our faces are for our own use and purposes, not for looking appealing to you.

I wear glasses but I feel fricking weird about how glasses are fetishized, as if they imbue the characters (or people) wearing them with certain characteristics. IRL all glasses really mean about someone is that their eyesight is poor. Not that they're smart or shy or a good girl, etc.

Blushav2
joined Aug 11, 2015

I can understand Nao's anger and sadness, especially right at the end. "So you met her because you didn't trust me enough to talk to me, when we've been best friends since high school?"

I know coming out is a huge, HUGE hurdle in today's society, but it's understandable to be upset when your closest friend just said that they trusted a complete stranger more than they trusted you.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Obvious plot is obvious. It's Girl Friends all over again, with a girl in the role of the substitute instead of a guy. Saeki already saw through it.

joined Jul 24, 2015

Another manga I'm going to wait years just to get upload.

5887bbeec1348a10fa095be8917e75b0
joined May 19, 2015

Everyone seems to hate the triangle, common guys drama is great.

Now I'm gonna make a prediction: Nao doesn't actually like tall chick (name?) but rather likes her freind; however, she was scared of telling her and is now dating tall chick cause tall chick either confessed or ?

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Having been in this scenario myself, I can kinda tell where this is going.

The art is great, really. But the plot can be predicted already, i'll still read it though.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Seems so good. But those glasses are telling me to stop reading it.

I guess i will pass it.

The complaints about the love triangle I get, it's not the sort of drama/angst that comfortable to read, but this is probably the stupidest reason
This series just got ditched because a character wears glasses.

Ikr. I think it's weird too :/

I just kinda don't like glasses on girls' face. Maybe becuz I think they only make girls look ugly and hide their true beauty.

Or maybe its just my one of weird preferences.

Either way i hate when i see girls wearing glasses. Unless you totally can't see without glassses but then again contact lens exist for a reason.

It's a religious thing. Those astigmatists--contacts don't work for them.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I already really like the established relationship a lot. The girlfriend is supportive, genuinely cards about her girlfriend and is really making an effort with the girlfriend's shitty friend.

The main character is ridiculous. All I'm seeing in a sad jealous little girl who is used to people fawning over her, and is now annoyed that her BF has someone else in her life. Eventually I'm sure we'll see that shes In Love With Her All Along but after this first chapter I am rooting for the established couple.

Well, she's sad (unhappy), and she's certainly jealous. But, well, jealousy is an emotion people tend to get and she has a reason for it. But, "who is used to people fawning over her"--that seems like a projection; our direct evidence is that she's used to watching her behaviour very carefully for fear people will diss her, and her best friend is the only person she can let her hair down with. Or was; she now fears that sole outlet is being taken away.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

yep, yep, gonna keep an eye on this as well!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I can understand Nao's anger and sadness, especially right at the end. "So you met her because you didn't trust me enough to talk to me, when we've been best friends since high school?"

I know coming out is a huge, HUGE hurdle in today's society, but it's understandable to be upset when your closest friend just said that they trusted a complete stranger more than they trusted you.

Thats the only reason i don't hate the MC. She feels anger, not because she wants to lust all over Nao (Glasses girl), but because she feels that her best friend didn't trust her enough to talk to her about something as important as coming out as gay. The way the mc is handling the situation is atrocious, but i can at least see why she's being a bitch.

Nao is to be blamed as well, i mean, why tell the mc that she's a lesbian if she didn't felt comfortable talking to her about that subject before she came out? Thats just being a shitty friend.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Nao is to be blamed as well, i mean, why tell the mc that she's a lesbian if she didn't felt comfortable talking to her about that subject before she came out? Thats just being a shitty friend

Tbh I kinda get the friend too. At worst, if I told this girl I'm not as close with and she rejects me, well that's fine, it's not like she's as important to me as Tsubaki is. It's a loss I can handle better, compared to losing that one friend.
Also, we don't know how their relationship came to be. Did she really feel more comfortable with a stranger, just like that? Perhaps Saeki eased the tension somehow, like idk, came out to her first? We don't know how they met either, I think. Anyways, she seems really perceptive, compared to Tsubaki, who apparently never noticed. Maybe Saeki asked her about it first, who knows

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Nao is to be blamed as well, i mean, why tell the mc that she's a lesbian if she didn't felt comfortable talking to her about that subject before she came out? Thats just being a shitty friend

Tbh I kinda get the friend too. At worst, if I told this girl I'm not as close with and she rejects me, well that's fine, it's not like she's as important to me as Tsubaki is. It's a loss I can handle better, compared to losing that one friend.
Also, we don't know how their relationship came to be. Did she really feel more comfortable with a stranger, just like that? Perhaps Saeki eased the tension somehow, like idk, came out to her first? We don't know how they met either, I think. Anyways, she seems really perceptive, compared to Tsubaki, who apparently never noticed. Maybe Saeki asked her about it first, who knows

Oh yeah, i get both sides. They both fucked up when it came to being good friends. One for never noticing her friend's discomfort and the other one for not trusting her friend more. But, like you said, we haven't seen the whole story so my whole point is kinda premature at this point.

Anyways, i liked the 1st chapter so i'll stick around even if its a love triangle and hopefully it doesn't devolve into more needless drama and the plot move along nicely.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Haha, yeah, I'm indecisive. The pic I have now is the other girl in this ship tease.

Oh, but here's the link: http://raws.yomanga.co/read/unstoppable_siblings/ko/0/100/page/17

joined Sep 21, 2014

Haha, yeah, I'm indecisive. The pic I have now is the other girl in this ship tease.

Oh, but here's the link: http://raws.yomanga.co/read/unstoppable_siblings/ko/0/100/page/17

Thank you! :D
So, both of your profile pics were the girls in the ship?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thank you! :D
So, both of your profile pics were the girls in the ship?

Yep. Again, it really only starts to develop from chapters 71 and onwards. If you want me to be really specific, chapter 79 is where it kind of gets teased. Chapters 82, 84 and 86 expands on it a little bit, and then more hints run all the way until chapters 99-100 (chapter 100 is where my old pic was from), where I believe (I can't read any Korean whatsoever) the blonde haired girl (Nam Yueun) says something akin to a confession to orange/pinkish haired girl (Go Jun, also known as Ginny), although it's not direct.

last edited at Nov 3, 2016 4:20PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.