Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Aww! This was a very nice chapter and Ai sleeping while Chiharu and Izumi are flirting.
This reminds me that Izumi was supposed to be mean and then Canno made her stupid lol, thanks for your hard work, as always Lyendith

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Aww! This was a very nice chapter and Ai sleeping while Chiharu and Izumi are flirting.
This reminds me that Izumi was supposed to be mean and then Canno made her stupid lol, thanks for your hard work, as always Lyendith

IKR (this postscript, for those wondering)
I think about this sometimes, when I remember Izumi, how she wasn't meant to be an idiot lmao, the formulation of that line in the postscript just cracks me up
Oh, it's also kinda badass, how she was actually supposed to be a biker, tho that wouldn't have been subtle at all, going to school on a motorcycle

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 3:54PM

And if I'm not wrong she appears here, behind Moe

joined Sep 21, 2014

Ahahaha that is her! That's her old design xD I never noticed lmao, that's amazing

joined Jul 26, 2016

If nothing else Izumi has a pretty unflappably positive outlook on things. (Also Chiharu had probably better start looking up decent ulcer medicines already.) o3ob

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Oh my. XD It's like a glimpse of a parallel universe.

I admittedly never got what was Maya's deal. Was it that everybody fell for her and she just happened to not be able to answer their feelings or does she have no romantic interest in other people at all? The internal monologue in chapter 10.5 was a little confusing.

I'm not sure either. Maybe she was like a more insecure Yuu? Or else, she did reciprocate Chiharu's feelings but didn't want to confess because they were gonna be separated anyway. Or she realized it too late.

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 5:32PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Miss Brazen Brow has a long way to go to cure the idiot, even if she's NOT gentle.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 25.5, pg 7, "We're Sunday evening" (I think that's "We've Sunday evening"?)

joined Sep 21, 2014

We're Sunday evening and, well, we've made some fine progress. => We are currently Sunday evening, and we did pretty good

"We're" to "we've" changes the meaning of the sentence. I guess it'd depend on the original text, if she was commenting on their current point in the week, or how much time they have left to cram

joined Feb 18, 2015

We're Sunday evening and, well, we've made some fine progress. => We are currently Sunday evening, and we did pretty good

"We're" to "we've" changes the meaning of the sentence. I guess it'd depend on the original text, if she was commenting on their current point in the week, or how much time they have left to cram

Actually, they're both wrong. They're missing a word. "We're to Sunday evening" or "We've reached Sunday evening" would both work. "It's Sunday evening" would be best.

joined Sep 21, 2014

Actually, they're both wrong. They're missing a word. "We're to Sunday evening" or "We've reached Sunday evening" would both work. "It's Sunday evening" would be best.

Aha, I googled it, I get it now. It's not about missing a word or not, it's just a French mistake, my bad. The correct formulation would've indeed been "it's Sunday".
This is pretty interesting, I've never noticed it before. Pfft, smh, classic.

(Maybe it's just me, but "we're to Sunday" seems like the weirdest thing, can anyone else confirm that it's legit?)

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I admittedly never got what was Maya's deal. Was it that everybody fell for her and she just happened to not be able to answer their feelings or does she have no romantic interest in other people at all? The internal monologue in chapter 10.5 was a little confusing.

I'm not sure either. Maybe she was like a more insecure Yuu?

That's what seems more likely. After all, the invisible wall she faces after rejecting the girl has to have some meaning. I think she likes company but has no need for a romantic relationship and it's about other people's inability to deal with that. So for her a confession is something threatening that cuts her off from the people she likes.

Or else, she did reciprocate Chiharu's feelings but didn't want to confess because they were gonna be separated anyway. Or she realized it too late.

Wait, is the girl that confessed to her a younger Chiharu with long hair?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch10_5#2
But that wouldn't make sense because they did stay friends. The whole internal monologue on that page and the next one doesn't really make sense as something Maya would say either. I'm still confused.

e:

Maybe it's just me, but "we're to Sunday" seems like the weirdest thing, can anyone else confirm that it's legit?)

Sounds alright to me. Indicates some urgency and implies a looming deadline.

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 10:00AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Nah, the monologue in the first two pages is from the rejected girl. And she's not Chiharu (they're still in middle school in the flashback).

I was also refering to this…
http://bato.to/reader#b823a35778db0a06_17

…It's weird to realize the volume 2 arc might have more depth than I initially though. --´.`--

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 8:36AM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Aaaahahhh these two are my favourites! Maybe its because I really like Chiharu's art style. That's also pretty cool that Izumi was originally gonna be a mean motorcycle girl. I would read the heck out of those two. But these two are still so cute omgg

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Nah, the monologue in the first two pages is from the rejected girl. And she's not Chiharu (they're still in middle school in the flashback).

…It's weird to realize the volume 2 arc might have more depth than I initially though. --´.`--

Ah, thanks! I had already forgotten about chapter 7 somehow.

And I just found out who Akidzuki is, who Chiharu is talking about in the latest chapter. She is the girl sitting next to Maya on the bus and who has a crush on the teacher.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch08#32

e: W-wait, she's actually Izumi's big sister?! Keeping up with who is who in AnoKiss is really demanding.

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 10:33AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Well, yeah, who else? Hence the "(elder)". Can't blame you for forgetting her though, she appears in like 4 pages. >.>

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 12:20PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

e: W-wait, she's actually Izumi's big sister?! Keeping up with who is who in AnoKiss is really demanding.

Akidzuki is their family name.

^Her name is Ayumu

joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm not sure either. Maybe she was like a more insecure Yuu? Or else, she did reciprocate Chiharu's feelings but didn't want to confess because they were gonna be separated anyway. Or she realized it too late.

I interpreted that page as Maya rejecting Chiharu. I think that's what the title of the chapter was implying too.
In the previous ones, the things Chiharu said, what she was promising (that distance wouldn't be a problem, that she'd do all she can), the look on her face, it was building up to a confession, and Maya knew that, she could tell. I remember Maya as being portrayed as little dumb, but in a book smart sense? Like she wasn't good at studying. But she isn't dense, and she seems to have plenty of experience with confessions...
"Senpai, I..."
Before Chiharu could finally say what she'd be meaning to this entire time, Maya stopped her, and thanked her. They both knew what she was going to say, and that Maya understood, but somehow, because she didn't let her actually say those words, it's like they can move on, and try to maintain what they have.
I feel like, from Maya's POV, when she's confessed to, and doesn't reciprocate (it isn't specified, she just vaguely describes it as "to be unable to return the feelings of those who love me", but it sounds like she's implied to be aro imo), the girl leaves, she loses their friendship. I think that's why she stopped Chiharu, and looked at her with such a sad, apologetic face, holding her finger to her lips. She knows, and she can't let her say it, doesn't want her to say it. If she had, perhaps, they wouldn't be able to be friends anymore. In a way, it is a bit cruel, (Chiharu: that's not fair...), that she wasn't even able to let out the feelings she's been holding on to for so long, but I get it.
Even if there was indeed distance between them after that, they do manage to reconcile in the end, and it was moving ;u; And Chiharu's found someone else to worry about too.

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 2:08PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Well, yeah, who else? Hence the "(elder)". Can't blame you for forgetting her though, she appears in like 4 pages. >.>

Oops. I wasn't sure what that meant when I read it and figured it meant she is one of their elders at school (so their senpai) instead of her being the elder daughter of the Akidzuki family.

e: I have to say that the latest chapter has prompted me to re-read volume 2 and thus appreciate its story more. I'm happy about that.

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 2:57PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Today is Yurine's birthday!
https://twitter.com/_canno/status/791265637574115328

That reminds me of Ayaka's pretty romantic gesture back in chapter 5 (romantic in retrospect)
I like to think about how, after finding out it was her birthday at the last minute, she probs ran around quite a bit that day, getting the bouquet and trying to find Yurine c:
Out of curiosity, was there pages or something, that list the characters' birthdays?

last edited at Oct 26, 2016 5:02PM

^No, as far I know

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

According to Canno she's the only one to have a set birthday date.

Preview! Chiharu and Izumi are the stars of the show again.

cover

…With a new character?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh shit, they look really good
WAIT. IS IZUMI'S RED THREAD [ribbon] ATTACHED TO THE OTHER GIRL'S.

last edited at Oct 27, 2016 4:06PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.