Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

The new girl felt like she popped out of nowhere tbh. I think they can develop their relationship better than just Sungji making Sumin jealous with a girl that conveniently appeared now.
Angsty, third people drama was already done in Seju's arc, I think they should use different techniques with Sungji, so it doesn't feel like they recycle same plots.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Well, I don't think Sungji will mess up as much as Seju did but I honestly think she will end up doing some things she might regret and then realize she is becoming like Seju and get it together.

I think Sungji is playing Sumin's past role, so I would guess that Sumin will tell her or she herself will soon (not as late as Sumin was) realize that her revenge on Sumin right now is all wrong and needless, and then they make up.

And under those circumstances who wouldn't think of making Sumin jealous and fight for them? It's not the most benevolent and kind thing to do but it's understandable and maybe necessary..

It increases the number of victims and makes thing much more complicated.

I never thought Sungji was that pure anyway, she was always suppressing too much for the sake of her relationship and deep inside she had a lot of insecurities and maybe even unconsciously played the card of the victim to gain Sumin's love.

Sungji has always been a really really good girl imo, but now... :D Even if revenging on your cheating lover had become a trend, I would never expect that our Sungji could do it. xD

Oh yeah I also never really was sure that Sungji would be the healer. She's not a nun gosh XD I think the story will lead to some sort of healing in the end... and it might be Sungji's healing, not Sumin's. And now is the time where the true roles of the characters will be revealed.

Yeah, it's time to reveal that the story is about healing Dawoon. :D

That Dawoon girl is kind of cool even though she did remind me so much of Nami. -.- I'm wondering if Sumin could even deal with her. Anyway, isn't it a happy ending for everyone if Sumin x Seju and Sungji x Dawoon happens? Is it possible that there is a hidden truth that "Dawoon is not Sungji's friend, but Sungji's first love."?

btw, I wonder if Team Gaji has already forgotten about Seju; she's no where to be found now. I no longer understand what Seju even cut her hair for, is it just for beauty only?

Angsty, third people drama was already done in Seju's arc, I think they should use different techniques with Sungji, so it doesn't feel like they recycle same plots.

Same same but different in term of character name and hair color.

last edited at Oct 8, 2016 5:25PM

Fork%20u
joined Oct 5, 2016

Jeez its one look and somehow sungji's crazy? lol Although she's trying to hard to make sumin jealous... even if sungji stops being naive she'll always be innocent to me~

btw, I wonder if Team Gaji has already forgotten about Seju; she's no where to be found now.

regardless of what happens Seju's father will die with perfect timing to pressure Sumin somehow i rekon

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

What is Dawoon's hair's color? I can't really tell.

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

What is Dawoon's hair's color? I can't really tell.

Light teal.

No, the more I look at it, the more I don't know what color it is. Kinda gray?

last edited at Oct 12, 2016 5:43AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Well, I don't think Sungji will mess up as much as Seju did but I honestly think she will end up doing some things she might regret and then realize she is becoming like Seju and get it together.

I think Sungji is playing Sumin's past role, so I would guess that Sumin will tell her or she herself will soon (not as late as Sumin was) realize that her revenge on Sumin right now is all wrong and needless, and then they make up.

I don't think she's exactly trying to get revenge. Just kind of trying to make Sumin jealous/see her reaction. Definitely not thinking about the type of revenge Sumin got with Seju or doing things to hurt Dawoon... I'm just thinking she might hang with her and unconsciously get kind of flirty (also because she's lonely) which will in turn make Sumin jealous and then Sungji will do something (like almost kissing Dawoon I don't know) and she will realize she has reached the limit and that it was wrong to do this because she's not over Sumin.

And under those circumstances who wouldn't think of making Sumin jealous and fight for them? It's not the most benevolent and kind thing to do but it's understandable and maybe necessary..

It increases the number of victims and makes thing much more complicated.

I don't think that's going to happen... Plus Dawoon seems a bit like a playgirl... I don't know why they didn't make Nami make a move on Sungji or something. Maybe because she does have some sense in her and wouldn't want to betray Sumin...?

Carm2
joined Jun 23, 2016

Same same but different in term of character name and hair color.

This is a cheapskate move, tbh. :\

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Sungji using her childhood friend who loves her to make Sumin jealous is really low.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji using her childhood friend who loves her to make Sumin jealous is really low.

Maybe that's why they make that friend a playgirl so that Sungji would end up not being guilty?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I don't know why they didn't make Nami make a move on Sungji or something. Maybe because she does have some sense in her and wouldn't want to betray Sumin...?

Or maybe Team Gaji wants Nami just for Seju. -.-

joined Oct 9, 2016

So I guess we could say now that Seju is the only character who has been in love with one person throughout high school till the present then XD. Not sure we should admire her loyalty and persistence or feeling sick about it, maybe both, but at least we now know she's the only one who sticks with first crush also last love till now =))))

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Maybe that's why they make that friend a playgirl so that Sungji would end up not being guilty?

Does that help? Will see how far Sungji will go. Who know, Team Gaji might be planning on destroying Sungji completely, and the endgame couple will be Sumin x Seju instead. That would be cool somehow.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Who know, Team Gaji might be planning on destroying Sungji completely, and the endgame couple will be Sumin x Seju instead. That would be cool somehow.

That would be a bit silly way to do it tbh.
Also I don't get how Sungji showing a different face now makes her development a bit deeper. Her "dark" side came out of nowhere tbh, and it's obvious it's a plot device rather than natural flow of her character.
You can't just make a character seem almost angelic and then turn their character like this. But I won't jumb into conclusions, because this is only one chapter and it could very well be (probably is) just a bait.
Sungji goes on saying she doesn't want to break up with Sumin right away, seems like she might want to forgive her, yet she seems like she is vegentful when new girl shows up. Weird.
I think they should have introduced this part of Sungji a bit earlier, or give some hints if they wanted to take this route.

Making Sumin jealous to run after Sungji also makes Sumin's character seem a bit silly. Because first she gets jealous of Nami and Seju and that even leads to her sleeping with Seju, now same thing too? When she has already cheated. Doesn't make her character look any better.

But I don't believe this will be as shallow like that. Gaji is a decent author and this plot will probably have a better significance in later chapters.

carefullycraftedchaos
joined Nov 18, 2015

Oh my gosh new cover art! I love the black and that they're staring right at you, almost daring you to find out more about them and their secrets

Edit: the cover art is also good foreshadowing. The fact that Sungji is facing away from Sumin now doesn't bode well for team blonde. Also love how the artist blends the black fabric together so you don't know where shirt one starts or ends. It could also look like one large blanket. The more I reread the chapters and look at the art, the more I appreciate the subtleties in this comic.

last edited at Oct 11, 2016 10:49PM

Last-game-4122039
joined Mar 14, 2016

Also I don't get how Sungji showing a different face now makes her development a bit deeper. Her "dark" side came out of nowhere tbh, and it's obvious it's a plot device rather than natural flow of her character.

It's like the more we see Sungji having her dark side, the easier we could accept Seju having hers too, isn't it? If Team Gaji keep developing Sungji's character that way, I really can't see how they think they will be able to satisfy readers when they make Sumin x Sungji end game.

I think they should have introduced this part of Sungji a bit earlier, or give some hints if they wanted to take this route.

For now, I will guess that they will be adding flashbacks of Sungji having her dark side in the later chapters.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Well, it's only been one chapter, so not sure if we can already say Sungji has this dark side yet. I always thought that since we already have a pretty dark story from Sumin and Seju, Sungji would be different and bring some balance into this. If everyone turns up like that it would be a bit flat imo.
Although I understand that Sungji has been hurt, and since she was in love with Sumin, instinctively she might want to hurt Sumin like Sumin did to her. I just hope they don't bring another emotional blackmailing into the equation with Sungji too, and we get something good out of this.

As for the cover art, I really like it too. I also agree that Sumin and Seju seem a bit closer in these covers. They are a physically closer than Sumin and Sungji, which might be symbolic. Not only in this one with the black shirts, but the previous ones as well (http://ncdn.lezhin.com/v2/comics/1015/images/wide) Sumin and Seju were touching directly, while Sumin and Sungji had a bit of a distance between them. And that was the cover where Sumin was in the honeymoon phase of dating Sungji.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

The fact that Seju seems to be missing after she said that she would get Sumin back seems fishy to me, I wonder if Dawoon coming back to korea was Seju's doing.

That new cover pic is really cool, and again Seju is the prettiest.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Hahaha fighting with fire huh? I like it.

I hope she sleeps with her old friend to make manager feel like how it feels like.

...but alas she don't have same character as manager

joined Jul 18, 2015

I get it but still... Fucking shortie! Why do you cut the same way you were wounded so deeply?

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

I don't know what's happening anymore. Why Sungji

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I wonder if Dawoon coming back to korea was Seju's doing.

I hope not. That's getting a little old. For once I do hope it's not Seju's doing.

Maybe Dawoon's purpose here is to help Sungji to forgive Sumin.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I wonder if Dawoon coming back to korea was Seju's doing.

I hope not. That's getting a little old. For once I do hope it's not Seju's doing.

Maybe Dawoon's purpose here is to help Sungji to forgive Sumin.

It's strange though that Seju hasn't done anything to get Sumin back. Is she really not scared of them making up soon? If her character development is consistent, I'm sure that she, this time, won't be only waiting for Sumin coming back to her by her own like before. She must be planning on something at least.

joined Dec 9, 2014

It's strange though that Seju hasn't done anything to get Sumin back. Is she really not scared of them making up soon? If her character development is consistent, I'm sure that she, this time, won't be only waiting for Sumin coming back to her by her own like before. She must be planning on something at least.

She has done actually. She already hitted on Sumin inside the elevator and crossed the line of Sumin's personal space. And did that after the cheating, which is really bad timing.
I don't even know how Seju would know about Dawoon. She isn't the FBI, how could she know what girl had a crush on Sungji back at highschool? Although it is not impossible but yes, I hope for one time it's not Seju again.

She hasn't appeared only in the past two chapters, it's not like it has been too long. Sometimes it's Sungji who doesn't appear, sometims it's Seju.
Back when Sumin went to that trip with Sungji, Seju hadn't appeared for a while too.

last edited at Oct 13, 2016 2:46PM

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

I decided to read again this story... And I discovered something that maybe have a direct connection with this last chapter...

In the first chapter, after Sungji met Sumin and received the toy.. when she was in ther bedroom she thought "It looks like her" in spanish version "she looks like her"

What if Sungji was talking about her friend and Sumin? This could change the reason because Sungji fell in love with the director

:O

joined Aug 18, 2015

hope Sungji is not going sleep with her friend. she is stronger and more rational than both Sumin/Seju. It would be very disappointing if she went through with it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.