Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

joined Oct 3, 2016

I think it's great but since it's a gag manga revolving round a single premise, I can't see it being really long. Maybe 1 volume?

While you're probably right (Tamamusi hasn't ever done anything longer than one volume anyway), it's definitely possible to draw out a single gimmick for a pretty long time if you're creative about it (Tonari no Seki-kun for example is going on volume 10). I'm sure there are enough "one-sided firsts" to explore to get this to three or four volumes at least, if the author is interested in taking it that far.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Indirect Bra-ing.....Excuse me while I turn inside out laughing

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Indirect bra-ing. Yes.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Based on what I know about average work shift length in Japan, I can assume Arisa spent approximately 10 hours of her day trying on bras from her own closet.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 10:27PM

joined Jan 16, 2016

source for the scene on the credits page?

Shimapanda Uploader
Girls in Boxes
joined Oct 18, 2014

source for the scene on the credits page?

Tamamusi's Twitter

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

OH YEAH! MY CROPS HAVE GROWN NICELY

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I still don't quite get how there can exist one-shot tags like Het on page whatever, yet no tag for an important story trope like Amnesia.

A warning tag for something most readers find strongly undesirable is pretty legit I find
Idm the amnesia tag but idk if theres enough works to be labeled under that

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I still don't quite get how there can exist one-shot tags like Het on page whatever, yet no tag for an important story trope like Amnesia.

A warning tag for something most readers find strongly undesirable is pretty legit I find
Idm the amnesia tag but idk if theres enough works to be labeled under that

Also, it could be spoilerish in some stories. We should make spoilered tags, like how you can hide things on black here, some tags being hidden (and you check them after reading) would be nice. It would link the series you want to read when you seach for the tags on the directory, but it would be hidden for everyone else that doesn't want to be spoiled.

Well... thinking it again... it would be kinda useless.

last edited at Oct 7, 2016 3:42AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Amnesia tag has been created, after all. The consensus is that is to be used for works where loss of memory forms part of the core premise (which covers all of the current examples, anyway).

2015-01-21%2018.42.01%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2015

lol the is the best and stupidest thing i have ever seen

20190203_135245
joined Mar 5, 2016

God! There's a reason why gay also means happy and I'd like to believe this is one of it.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

How can you indirect bra? More like indirect boob touching.

last edited at Oct 10, 2016 4:11AM

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

They act so cute and awkward at the same time

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Just wondering if there were any more upcoming chapters.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

cute, even though amnesia is a really sad thing in real life

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I love this series. It's original and there are a lot of possibilites to go from here.

It might turn to drama when she starts to lose her "amnesia personality". If she gets better the I she is now will be lost. But it doesn't have or need to. It's just a theory. A Yuri theory.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I love this series. It's original and there are a lot of possibilites to go from here.

It might turn to drama when she starts to lose her "amnesia personality". If she gets better the I she is now will be lost. But it doesn't have or need to. It's just a theory. A Yuri theory.

Given the author, I kinda doubt it. Remember, if the "I" she is now vanishes, she reverts back to being the loving girlfriend she was to start with so they're still happy.

joined Feb 6, 2016

Where's mi new chapter UnU??? (or it's the last one D:??)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Gamer100 posted:

Where's mi new chapter UnU??? (or it's the last one D:??)

Delayed by another year for every awful post like this.

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

Given the author, I kinda doubt it. Remember, if the "I" she is now vanishes, she reverts back to being the loving girlfriend she was to start with so they're still happy.

You're probably right but i still think it's ingenious story telling.

Just the fact that the strory would be able to go into this direction just amazes me. Also we don't really know anything about they're live before except that the amnesia girl was the one to initate things.
Isn't it awesome that the author took a well-known plot and changed it into a lighthearted comedy. Yet still keeps the possibilities to turn the story into a drama at any given point, in a way it won't feel forced.
By the way ever thought about the possibility that the not amnesia girl falls in love with this other side of her girlfriend.

Yet again you're probably right, but I love to think of all the ways this story could develope. Still one of the strong points of this series is that it doesn't need to turn into drama. As long as the jokes are good and and the cuteness doesn't fade I will still enjoy this series even if it turns out I expected way to much from it.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Finally.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

omg this was so good, took such an interesting turn already
chapter 1: girlfriend has amnesia
chapter 2: comes out to co-workers
Daaammn not beating around the bush.
"I'm way hotter than this chick." Pfft, says you.
I have to say, I was kinda annoyed at the co-worker just doubting their entire relationship, but his response in the end is chill and all, so it was nice.
Mari and Arisa are as cute as ever (especially Arisa, she's got this innocent wonder towards everything going on, it's endearing). I wonder if Arisa's personality changed a lot, since her accident. I wonder what she was like :0

last edited at Dec 20, 2016 3:33AM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Kyaaa! I love Tamamusi's art! The happy faces are just so darn-tootin' cute! Just like the story!

joined Jan 8, 2014

Ahhh, my meter is full now, even with such short chapters ^_^
When is the next one? Lol!
Thanks for scantalating!

To reply you must either login or sign up.